Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 3:18 PM
Default backwards mirror reflection
hey hey!

so long story short, i am no stranger to 4t2 object conversions. this time tho, its a mirror. ive never done a mirror and while it was challenging in general - i have it positioned how i want and all that, recolors all work, great.
the mirror reflection itself tho, its backwards!! it shows the BACK of the mirror...like its housing.

super annoying. the way i have the reflection part situated in blender is indeed BACKWARDS so yes it is physically backwards but if i turn it around to yanno, be normal...it's position in-game is WHACK. i cant figure it out so im hoping someone here will

Now playing Waverly Chronicles, rotational gameplay
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 6:30 AM
bumping because i have researched everything i can and there really isnt much on this at all.
would it be beneficial for me to post a link to download this so someone can look at this thing in simpe?!
im totally at a loss on this but i know it can be done. ive looked into other leaning mirrors and surface mirrors to see how they did it. i tried it and it just keeps showing me the back side of the mirror and i cant figure out why.

Instructor
#3 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 10:15 AM
I had this problem a long time ago, and was able to fix it but can't find the research I used to figure it out. I do remember that it involved manipulating the bounding box in Blender, so you might try searching 'bounding box' and 'mirror' in the forums.

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 8:43 PM
so i was able to get SOME help from HugeLunatic over at GoS Wishing Tree which did help a touch but i still cannot make the damn reflection work right after i re-did the damn bounding box so its now just getting the reflection angles in the CRES to work.

i can upload a download link to my current/halted progress if someone is able to take a look at it.

Alchemist
#5 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 2:32 AM Last edited by omglo : 8th Feb 2021 at 2:52 AM.
I don't know if I'll be able to help, but I'll look at it. ETA: just @ me when you post it, since I don't come to this section every day.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I don't know if I'll be able to help, but I'll look at it. ETA: just @ me when you post it, since I don't come to this section every day.

@omglo i appreciate any help i can get with this! https://simfil.es/2351483 is the most recent file if youre able to take a gander!

Alchemist
#7 Old 9th Feb 2021 at 5:39 PM
So, I do have this file. No luck with it yet, though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 6:32 PM
damn :C stupid mirror. idk what else it needs!!! such a bummer bc it is truly a cute lil mirror

Instructor
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 1:29 PM Last edited by d4RE : 2nd Mar 2021 at 1:32 PM. Reason: bad grammar
I came across this thread a few days ago: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=590614

Kinda jogged my memory a bit. I believe the problem is that the distance between your frame and reflecting surface is not exactly the same as distance between the originals you cloned from. Or, if it is still the same distance, any resizing or angle change you may have made in the new mesh needs to be accounted for. The bounding box part comes in when making sure it fully contains the reflecting surface.

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe