Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 11:34 PM
Default Dresser mod updated for AL?
Does an updated version of this mod exist anywhere? I tried the BV file which does enable the dresser options on community lots but apparently it's at a cost of disabling them on residential.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 1:30 AM
Hmm, I haven't seen an updated version of it; I usually use ChristianLov’s Closet Plugin instead. It was updated by Midgethetree here. I use it along with ChristianLov’s Gussy-Up Plugin, which Midgethetree also updated and the two of those usually take care of my needs to change clothes on community lots. Or I use the clothing booth.

But if you want to make dressers work, you should be able to clone your favorite Maxis dressers, or edit a cc one, and make it available on community lots (if it wasn't already) and then update it so that visitors can use it. Presumably that's the reason why it doesn't work on community lots in the first place. Someone with more modding knowledge than I can tell you if you can just modify a global bhav to do this, or if you have to edit each dresser.

But if it's just one or two lockers you want to enable, I'll link some tutorials in case you want to try it:
How to Clone a Maxis Object should be covered in Object Creation for Absolute Beginners by moune999
Making Objects Available in Community Lots by boblishman
And you can learn about enabling it for visitors by reading Adjust a Maxis Object's Autonomy/Motive Advertising by iCad. Except instead of changing autonomy, you'll just check the box that says visitor.

Otherwise I'm not too sure about how to update the mod; if you want to figure out how, try asking for help in the Creator's feedback forum or asking Midgethetree how on tumblr--she's usually a great help for simmers looking to learn how to mod.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her