Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 5:20 PM
Default Alpha CC
Hey guys, so I'm about to get The Sims 4 with some packs (haven't chosen yet which ones) and since I never used it (unless when I played it when it first came out, but by then, toddlers weren't even a thing, it was one of the first versions), so I would like to know how to download cc and mods, and if there is like minimum requirements for alpha cc. I know the game's minimum requirements and I can play it according to it. If it's relevant I can also play The Sims 3 with all expansion and stuff packs. Just wanted to know if alpha cc has some sort of minimum requirement. Thanks, everyone.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 11:22 PM
It doesn’t have any specific requirement. But I would say that the game itself with all packs takes more power to run than the specs would lead you to believe. If you can run sims 3 with all EPs and maxed settings and get ok FPS, you shouldn’t have an issue with sims 4.
I think the main setting that can’t be on is “laptop mode”, I think that will mess up the CCs ability to load alpha channels correctly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dockamorpher
It doesn’t have any specific requirement. But I would say that the game itself with all packs takes more power to run than the specs would lead you to believe. If you can run sims 3 with all EPs and maxed settings and get ok FPS, you shouldn’t have an issue with sims 4.
I think the main setting that can’t be on is “laptop mode”, I think that will mess up the CCs ability to load alpha channels correctly.

Yes did run Sims 3 with all expansion and stuff packs plus cc and mods, not all maxed settings but high settings. Ok I did not know that about the laptop mode. Does that mean I can't get the proper textures on laptop mode or does it mean laptop mode will ruin the cc? Thank you so much!