Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#3601 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 3:38 PM
Teen sim didn't like that I sent him stargaze.
"You need to be logical if you want to work in politics....
Well....at least in the game."
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3602 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 6:04 PM
Go and put a bra on. . .

. . . so I can post your picture on MTS.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#3603 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 8:43 PM
Why are you getting out of bed every 2 seconds when you are dead tired?
You left the TV on, but the TV is not in your bedroom?
(Put walls up)
Why is there a gap in the wall? Who built this house?
(Oops. I did).
Mad Poster
#3604 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 3:16 PM

Isn't that a little premature? You've only just met.
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Forum Resident
#3605 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 3:17 AM
"You are the most Woohoo-crazy Pleasure sim ever! If I'd known you'd be like that, I'd've made you a Romance sim when you aged to teen all those yeardays ago!"
Mad Poster
#3606 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria

Isn't that a little premature? You've only just met.

She's warning him that she doesn't woohoo before marriage. XD
Theorist
#3607 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 10:18 PM
When Jamar grew up to a toddler:
"Oh, you're blond like your mother and your paternal great-grand mother."
His father a black hair and I don't use a genetic related mod. I feel like my hood is full of blond-haired sims.
When trying to find a hairstyle for him:
"I need more hairs!".
Mad Poster
#3608 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 5:33 PM
Dean! You're supposed to be listening to the sermon!

Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Forum Resident
#3609 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 8:26 PM
Okay, so I decided to post some more of the things I say while playing The Sims 2. The more graphic things I say have been omitted, since I doubt it's acceptable to post that stuff.

So last night I was playing in a custom hood simply called 'Hood Corruption:' its purpose is self explanatory. I was playing the Oldie household, which just consisted of a younger version of Group Uno from Crystal Pleasantview (Tiffany, Tank, Johnny, Ophelia, Ripp, Zidane, Skipp, Cream the cat, and Cymmi the cat. I've talked about the humans in the What's Happening in Your Game Now thread in the past). Here are some quotes from last night, I guess:

"Are you kidding me? How'd you get the flu?! Go to your room, you're under quarantine." - When a fellow student from school gave Zidane the flu.

"You're healthy? That was quick." - When Zidane got better after, like, twelve hours.

"Who infected Johnny?!" - When Johnny got ill the next day. Culprit? Another friend from school.

"He's healthy, thank you!" - When Johnny got healthy after a little under twelve hours.

"You're ill again?! Your immune system must suck." - When Zidane came down with the flu, yet again, the next day. Twice in a week.

"Ripp, why are you playing on the fridge? Tank's trying to cook dinner." - Self explanatory what happened here

"Skipp, stop slapping Tank!" - Again, self explanatory.

"Zidane, get back on the bed! I swear you want to die!", "Later on you're going to be wondering why you're dead!", "What are you doing?! Is checking yourself out in the mirror suddenly going to cure you of the flu? No, didn't think so!", and "Stop looking at the poster! Go. To. Bed!" - The struggles of having an ill sim who refuses bed rest

"Tank leave Ripp alone!"

"No, Ripp is not available, he's at work."

"You're not going to do it in Ripp's bed, get over it!" - Tiffany and Skipp kept trying to woohoo in Ripp's bed.

"Finally, he's healthy again!" - When Zidane got better after two days.

"Well... at least someone's using the hot tub..." - I bought a hot tub so Skipp and Tiffany would stop complaining about not being able to use Ripp's bed. They never used it, so I bought them a double bed. At least Johnny and Zidane made use of the hot tub, so it wasn't a waste of simoleons.

"Skipp, why are you sleeping with Ophelia?! I thought you were all gaga for Tiffany! I guess not..." - This event caught me off guard.

"You're furious... with yourself...? Why?" - When I discovered that Ripp was furious with himself. I still don't know why.

As for the miscellaneous, non-character, things uttered:

"I guess the burglar taking the TV was a blessing in disguise."

"Wait... it's you who's got the flu! Go home!"

"I could just have someone make a bunch of Mac & Cheese in bulk and then store them as leftovers..."

"Zits... great..."

"I wonder, if I let a sim die of the flu, would they come back cured if they were saved?"

Yeah... I do talk to myself that much when playing. I said a bunch of other things, but they haven't come to me yet. It's fun thinking back, though Long post, but it's just that I mumble to myself a lot while playing...

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#3610 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 12:38 AM
Game loads in a few minutes (with minimal CC), new neighborhood loads in a few minutes, decorating a lot works fine, I'd just made a family of 8 ready to move in, and just when I'd clicked to save the family... CRASH! All progress lost in CAS. ( <-- actual reaction for about 2 seconds)

Won't put it in words, but my internal monologue is swearing quite a bit right now... I mean, WHY????? For once, just once, can't this game just work for more than an hour or two without crashing or pink-flashing or any of the sort? This is getting ridicolous!

At least I'd saved the lot, and the sims were saved as Bodyshop files, so there's that... I'll try again tomorrow, I guess. So much work for a few pictures...

(I don't talk much out loud to the screen, but I do mumble, and there's a lot of internal molologue going on. I don't tend to remember most of the "conversation" though...)
Mad Poster
#3611 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 3:28 PM
Eli and Ami,Why aren't you putting things away on your lot now?It was getting towards late fall and they must've been lulled by the summerlike weather in mid fall.
Jay and Tracy Hobbs,You're just being silly and refusing to pack things away on your lot whenit's late fall already and winter's about to arrive.
Test Subject
#3612 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 6:00 PM
Cyd what are you doing? She's married! - Cyd Roseland trying, and failing to flirt with Mary Gavigan
She rejected you once why are you trying again!?
So now your just going to try to kiss her!?
Now look at what you've done. You lost your only friend because you couldn't take no for an answer.
Top Secret Researcher
#3613 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 10:59 PM
"I never knew Papa Ottomas had such a hideous mustache. Or is that just his face? I'm not quite sure."
Said while loading that family for the first time. Spoiler alert: It was a mustache.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Alchemist
#3614 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 3:09 AM

Now is not the time, Miranda.

Also: Why are you coming downstairs, Juliette?! ...Oh. Hal died.

...How the hell am I going to explain this to Goneril and Albany?

...Screw that, just exit without saving.
Screenshots

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#3615 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 8:09 AM
"Yay! They can have curtains!"
Stella got a chance card bonus. The Newson-Terranos went from having to upgrade cautiously a little at a time in order to maintain the $3K they need in order to be considered viable adoption candidates and also have a house suitable to add a new child to (never mind that all the Newsons grew up in it when it was much, much nastier) to having room to splurge. I had just been worrying about when curtains would fit into the renovation, and then suddenly I could do it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3616 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 6:05 AM
@Phantomknight -That's exactly why I never put stoves in home without firesprinkers above them and without every sim who's teen or above having at least three sooking skill points before the stove goes in as they can cook sandwiches and cereal if they don't have any cooking skill.Have a kitchen without a stove until they all learn to cook without one and gain enough skill.
I made those mistakes more than ten years ago when I was still new at the game and learned my lesson from losing sims and having to exit without saving.

Eli put those leftovers away instead of leaving them to get cleaned up and wasted.
Tracy you can't afford to throw good food away so put the leftovers in the fridge and make sure you get them used up.
Forum Resident
#3617 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 3:17 PM
Sim comes home with a cold:

"Alright, go to bed."

Begins checking on other sims who are ill, then returns to the other one to see them about to engage in ACR activity. I cancel the action:

"No! You're sick! Is getting lucky going to heal you? I don't think so!"

Sim begins dying from a cold right after I cancelled the action:

"See! This is why you listen to me!"

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#3618 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 6:01 PM
"Will you just eat????"

Yeah, she's finicky, but - She's been trained to eat dog food. She has the best available bowl. I can't get a "clean" option. She's been "called to eat" twice and not done it. What is wrong with this dog?

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#3619 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight

Now is not the time, Miranda.

Also: Why are you coming downstairs, Juliette?! ...Oh. Hal died.

...How the hell am I going to explain this to Goneril and Albany?

...Screw that, just exit without saving.

My favourite takeaway from this post: "This vacation was worth every penny...."
Mad Poster
#3620 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
"Will you just eat????"

Yeah, she's finicky, but - She's been trained to eat dog food. She has the best available bowl. I can't get a "clean" option. She's been "called to eat" twice and not done it. What is wrong with this dog?

https://simmanipulator.forumotion.c...finicky-pet-fix
Mad Poster
#3621 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 8:53 PM
Thank you, Annaminna!

"Why are all the trash compactors always broken?"

Mad Poster
#3622 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 8:21 AM
"You are going to give me drama already?"
(First new married couple move in in my new hood - and promptly fell out of love at the mailbox).

A while later:
"Is this going to be a trend in this hood then?"
when 4th married couple fell out of love promptly at the mailbox when moving in.

""
Theorist
#3623 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 2:25 PM
@Justpetro
After the twins plague, you get the "fall out love" plague.
Thank you. You just made my day.
Mad Poster
#3624 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
@Justpetro
After the twins plague, you get the "fall out love" plague.
Thank you. You just made my day.

There are no babies born yet, so we'd have to see about that twin plague
Top Secret Researcher
#3625 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 9:50 PM
"Oh, eyedropper tool, what would I do without you?"
Said as I was building and had to keep switching back and forth between a railing and a floor.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Page 145 of 168