Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 10:08 PM
Default Sims 3 Ambitions Fix Mod?
(Sorry if this is the wrong thread. Haven't posted here in years! DX)

I I was looking into getting back into Sims 3 lately and one expansion I remember loving was Ambitions.
However I also remember the careers being buggy like the objective counter not counting or completing to early and your fellow Firefighters not helping you etc.
So I was wondering if anyone has ever made a mod that fixes the interactive careers? Especially the objective counter.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 1:09 PM Last edited by MissPat : 18th Jan 2021 at 4:28 PM.
Were you playing in Bridgeport?

1) There is a multi-rabbithole glitch in Bridgeport (and other towns that have multi-rabbithole buildings) that impacts rabbithole career opportunities, documented on The Sims Wiki: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Bridge...it_Holes_Glitch
That's now solved by installing the mod "Nraas Overwatch" here: https://www.nraas.net/community/Overwatch
2) I also heard that it is impossible to complete the Private Investigator active career in some cases, here is a 2013 thread with details and tips to handle the bugs: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...cases-dont-work

Hope that helps! Glad to hear you're back to playing TS3, it's one of the best games ever.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 11:18 PM
True MissPat especially we often got an opportunity for psychic/medium sims (to help to find the llama) that never works. Nobody could fixed that :'(.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 5:15 PM
Ambitions can be pretty buggy, but some of that I believe is intentional. Such as the other firefighters not helping you in the firefighter career. I seem to remember igazor mentioning once that the game can only handle the active sim/family in that particular case.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 11:50 PM
The role of the other firefighters if the disaster is within their scheduled work time is to stay back at the firehouse, scream into their walkie-talkies, and run back and forth frantically flapping their arms and waving maps all over the place -- and then clock out and go home at quitting time even if the disaster is still being coped with. They at least recognize that a disaster is taking place, or they are supposed to. EA never really intended them to be truly helpful.
Instructor
#6 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 1:07 AM
So much like EA exec's, art imitating life....
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Feb 2024 at 9:09 PM
I was playing the Investigator profession and was trying to do a case and my sim could not finish because the stakeout and also dusting for prints was bugged out I would click stakeout and and she could not do the action the action to like closed itself out or something