Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#9401 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PizzaPartyForever
2 ways I know of, the easiest/non-modded way is enable testing cheats, shift click sim then select edit in cas. Downside is that this will reset the sims age span back to the beginning of their current life stage.

The way I do it is with Nrass Master controller. You just Click your sim, select Master Controller>Advanced>Edit Sim in Cas.

Plus you are guaranteed not to get a bad surgery that way

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Advertisement
Inventor
#9402 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PizzaPartyForever
The way I do it is with Nrass Master controller. You just Click your sim, select Master Controller>Advanced>Edit Sim in Cas.

@PizzaPartyForever thanks for the instructions. I did have downloaded NRaas Master Controller indeed.

But I stumbled upon another problem where the sliders reverted to default when I was sliding things while the Sim was nekkid and only after picked clothes (see thread). Since I have both XCAS and MC, what's the best solution to prevent this reverting again? Should I just let the Sim wear their swimwear/underwear? (it must be noted that I've never used S3PE before)
Instructor
#9403 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
@PizzaPartyForever thanks for the instructions. I did have downloaded NRaas Master Controller indeed.

But I stumbled upon another problem where the sliders reverted to default when I was sliding things while the Sim was nekkid and only after picked clothes (see thread). Since I have both XCAS and MC, what's the best solution to prevent this reverting again? Should I just let the Sim wear their swimwear/underwear? (it must be noted that I've never used S3PE before)

I don't have XCAS installed anymore (only had it for like 60 minutes, then uninstalled it since Master Controller has its own max sliders setting). I edited one of premade Sims from Bridgeport, Matty Crewe in CAS and he never reverted back to the default when switching to naked outfit. I am using Master Controller with Cheats, and Integration modules (also Expanded Tattoos and Cmar Tattoo Locations but those two things are unrelated)

Perhaps try Chain_Reaction advise on that site you mentioned. Switch your sim to naked outfit, go to edit in CAS and make some changes, exit, then switch your sim back to everyday outfit in live mode and see if your sim is reverted to default or not.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Inventor
#9404 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 6:20 PM
@legacyoffailures I purely downloades XCAS for the max sliders bc it didn't work with MC.

But if I choose to use only MC, do I have to modify the Max Sliders in S3PE or is in-game also possible?
Instructor
#9405 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
@legacyoffailures I purely downloades XCAS for the max sliders bc it didn't work with MC.

But if I choose to use only MC, do I have to modify the Max Sliders in S3PE or is in-game also possible?

yes, you can change it in-game.
click either City Hall, Computer, or Sim - choose Nraas - Master Controller - Settings - CAS - Max Sliders in CAS.
Default is 100, if you install more than 100, you'll have to lay it out yourself.

I don't know if it's true or not, but you may need to install integration module if you intend to create a sim in Edit Town mode, otherwise the max sliders setting won't function well.

Mad Poster
#9406 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
yes, you can change it in-game.
click either City Hall, Computer, or Sim - choose Nraas - Master Controller - Settings - CAS - Max Sliders in CAS.
Default is 100, if you install more than 100, you'll have to lay it out yourself.

I don't know if it's true or not, but you may need to install integration module if you intend to create a sim in Edit Town mode, otherwise the max sliders setting won't function well.

Without MC Integration, the EA version of CAS loads in areas of the game apart from direct MC commands instead of the MC version. The EA version doesn't know anything about MC settings or additional slider allowances, so yes Integration is required to get the MC version to load from Edit Town.

You can easily tell which version of CAS you are looking at by doing a shift+right-click on the "..." button that usually leads to EA commands like Save, Quit, Options, etc. In the EA version of CAS, nothing will happen. In the MC version of CAS, you will get a bunch of MC CAS Settings options (including, of course, Max Sliders).
Lab Assistant
#9407 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 3:22 PM
Is it posible to reset or remove skill challenges? The benefits of the charisma skill challenges are so annoying and take the fun out of the game, at this point I'm tempted to start a new save and just recreate my family through cheating.
Instructor
#9408 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Matryoshkah
Is it posible to reset or remove skill challenges? The benefits of the charisma skill challenges are so annoying and take the fun out of the game, at this point I'm tempted to start a new save and just recreate my family through cheating.

Which one of charisma skill challenges that irritates you? For me, Celebrity one is my pet peeve since everyone suddenly starts becoming your friends.

This is how I tweak it, assuming you're experienced in modding.
1. Open S3PE and GameplayData.package
2. Find Charisma xml file. Make a copy of it by either exporting to a file or another package (do not edit it directly on GameplayData)
3. Right-click on Charisma and choose Text Editor. Find <LtrBoostForCelebrity value="25" />
4. The default value makes your sim start as a friend with another sim upon interacting with them at the first time. You can lower it to 1 so they will start as acquittance instead.
5. Save your package file, and move it to your mods folder.

Of course you can edit it with Twallan's Retuner instead. But I don't use that mod, therefore I couldn't give advice on it.

Scholar
#9409 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 2:30 AM
What is a .pkg.sig file? My collections folder is crawling with them.
Lab Assistant
#9410 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
Which one of charisma skill challenges that irritates you? For me, Celebrity one is my pet peeve since everyone suddenly starts becoming your friends.

This is how I tweak it, assuming you're experienced in modding.
1. Open S3PE and GameplayData.package
2. Find Charisma xml file. Make a copy of it by either exporting to a file or another package (do not edit it directly on GameplayData)
3. Right-click on Charisma and choose Text Editor. Find <LtrBoostForCelebrity value="25" />
4. The default value makes your sim start as a friend with another sim upon interacting with them at the first time. You can lower it to 1 so they will start as acquittance instead.
5. Save your package file, and move it to your mods folder.

Of course you can edit it with Twallan's Retuner instead. But I don't use that mod, therefore I couldn't give advice on it.

Celebrity, too, but also Super Friendly and Everybody's Best Friend OTL... Never tried modding in TS3, but I guess there's a time for everything, so thank you for this!
Lab Assistant
#9411 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
EA started with manuals for TS3 and then stopped because they said something along the lines of being more eco-friendly and using less trees to make paper. All EP's after Late Night does not have a manual. All SP's after Fast Lane Stuff do not have a manual. Source for the latter? My physical disc copies of TS3 EP's/SP's.

The Sims 3 EP's Manuals: https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/download/

=======

On a different note, I guess the reason for having dance floors would be for players that want to be specific on where the Sims should dance. Although yes, they don't always dance on the dance floor but if there is one and enough space they usually will use that designated area. Also, Sims can learn to club dance with or without dance floors. They just need to dance.

Thanks for proving that link!
Now to my question: Where can I find the manuals for the stuff packs(the stuff packs that have manuals, obviously).
Forum Resident
#9412 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 5:45 PM
What I could find:

The Sims 3: High-end Loft Stuff
https://manualzz.com/doc/55876201/e...es-owner-manual

The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff (Scroll down under Gallery and click on the Game Manual tab)
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Si...uff#Game_manual

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight
Scholar
#9413 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
Thanks for proving that link!
Now to my question: Where can I find the manuals for the stuff packs(the stuff packs that have manuals, obviously).

If you go to the fandom wiki, most of the gameplay, backstory, expansion, and other questions you could possibly have are addressed somewhere there: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_3

What I usually do though is I start with one question typed in Duckduckgo, which will lead me to the relevant wiki article, from which I go on to read about all the other related things, which gives a much more edifying experience than the sparse little manuals EA used to provide.
Instructor
#9414 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 8:22 AM
Carls sims 3 is a good one also https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/
Mad Poster
#9415 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 1:26 AM
Is there any way of building outside the boundaries of a houseboat? I want to be able to put bridge wings or an overhanging stern on some of the designs I've started.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#9417 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Where does the $183,000 come from? The goal for this LTW as I understand it is to have a family net worth of $100,000.00. Going by that number, my sim is only $14,000 away from her goal.

Players have reported that LTW behaves oddly from the near beginning of the game's history. Some find that the goal keeps moving upwards as their sims' net worth increases and they can never satisfy it. Some seem to think there is a relationship between that and lot item depreciation, other have been unable to find the pattern, so in the end most of us are not sure how it's really supposed to work. If it's a patch that is causing the goal to keep moving, it must have been one of the very early ones.

If you feel that your sim has done enough to satisfy the LTW and it's bugged, you could use MC to give them way more than enough cash (temporarily) to satisfy the immediate requirements and see what happens.
Lab Assistant
#9418 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 5:58 PM
Are ads that get you simpoints still a thing?
Mad Poster
#9419 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
Are ads that get you simpoints still a thing?

I'm afraid someone left the window open and after a brief period of malfunctioning and annoying everyone, the ads flew the coop entirely many years ago.

(so that means no, not anymore)
Inventor
#9420 Old 23rd Aug 2022 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Is there any reason why kuree's Easy CASP Editor comes up blank for me? I'm on patch 1.67 but nothing's showing up whenever I cycle through my game packs

Half a year later and I'm still having an issue with this , trying to hunt down the name of a pesky base game hair that won't stay hidden and this tool would help me out if it worked. Does anyone have a solution?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Lab Assistant
#9421 Old 11th Sep 2022 at 3:14 PM
Recently I read about problems buying simpoints here, https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...valid-oh-no-way
and that got me thinking. Since I have moved since I created my sims 3 store account, how do I change the adress in my sims account?
Mad Poster
#9422 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 6:02 AM
My male sim got abducted by aliens and came back pregnant and I kept the baby. The alien that resulted from the abduction is now a teen. He has a want to dream in the dream pod, but it isn't fulling even though I have him dream in the pod. Since aliens have brain power instead of energy, can they dream? Or is it not working because he's a teen?
Alchemist
#9423 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 8:51 AM
Recently my sim was close to an alien who did the brain compression thing (energy at lowest) but idk if this is related to that.

My sim fell and looked dead, then stood up after a while and got an 18h moodlet called ”near death experience”?
Never seen or heard of it before, found nothing on Google. Anyone know anything about it?!

what does his name even mean?
Instructor
#9424 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
My sim fell and looked dead, then stood up after a while and got an 18h moodlet called ”near death experience”?
Never seen or heard of it before, found nothing on Google. Anyone know anything about it?!

Do you have the 9 New Death Types mod? I think it's part of that. Sometimes a new type of death doesn't kill the sim and they are given a chance to survive.
Test Subject
#9425 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 8:48 PM
Default CAS ilumination problem
Hi, i have a problem in my sims 2.
At the CAS my sim looks so iluminated, in all the skin colors... it looks like a light is reflecting.
Screenshots
Page 377 of 385