Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#9526 Old 3rd Jun 2023 at 6:14 PM Last edited by ChickenMadam : 7th Jun 2023 at 3:05 PM. Reason: answered my own question lol
Stupid question (obviously, since I'm posting in the thread) - is there a way to rename poses once they've been made into a list? I have some from another creator that are poselisted, but there are no descriptions in the description panel other than "Simmerposemaker-01" (as an example). Can I just open the list in S3PE and add in a description there? Otherwise, I'm just taking pics of the poses, putting them onto a spreadsheet and referring to that when I am simming.

ETA: Yes, I can. What I did is edit the XML and it worked fine. Putting a description between the "Description" dialogs.

Answered my own stupid question lol. Just putting this up here to possibly help others.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#9527 Old 5th Jun 2023 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
I am trying to find the hairstyle that a sim has after getting blown up by chemistry set or hit by lightning. My crazy inventor needs it. I still have an old sim that uses it as everyday hair dyed neon green But for some reason I can't find it in CAS. Is there some trick to make it appear in CAS? I doubt that it was CC anyway. Or maybe it is an NRAAS filter setting? Am I just blind?

Here ya go!

https://modthesims.info/d/361693/si...-and-tf-ef.html

If it's not crazy enough for your crazy inventor, then there's another crazy scientist hair from crazy vanilla game

https://modthesims.info/d/365134/ma...r-unlocked.html

♒ Aquarius Sun, ♈ Aries Moon, ♈ Aries Rising

Sorry for my English :)
Scholar
#9528 Old 5th Jun 2023 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlademasterX2
Here ya go!

https://modthesims.info/d/361693/si...-and-tf-ef.html

If it's not crazy enough for your crazy inventor, then there's another crazy scientist hair from crazy vanilla game

https://modthesims.info/d/365134/ma...r-unlocked.html

It turned out to be a filter setting in NRAAS Mastercontroller to make the singed hairstyle show up. Someone in this thread pointed that out. But your second link is good too. Reminds me a bit of doc Brown from Back to the Future. Thanks!
Scholar
#9529 Old 12th Jun 2023 at 7:13 PM
Is there a way to reset wishes? I noticed that when you click certain wishes away because you are bombarded with them, you don't get them again. Like mastering a skill wish, which you usually get between lvl8 and lvl9 in a skill.
Lab Assistant
#9530 Old 24th Jun 2023 at 1:55 PM Last edited by BlademasterX2 : 24th Jun 2023 at 2:14 PM.
Anyone's playing/played Riverview? Since I'm playing and create a story about it (It's my most fav town), but recently there's a thing that I wonder why. The Bagley family, a family that consist of Ma the crime-queen of Riverview, and her two kids Rhoda and Sherman. Rhoda follows her mother's footstep while Sherman's not. I never played this family before. In Wiki it says Ma has a good relationship with her son, Sherman, who doesn't want to be like her parents, but she dislike Rhoda, her criminal daughter. I wonder why she despises her daughter and get along very well with her son, even Rhoda follows the family's tradition? Did Ma believe in patriarchy? (I don't know if it's common in western rural town because I live in Asia and it's pretty common here. It's like parents like their sons more than daugthers. I don't think Ma's might be like that tho), or because his son's so nice so she has a soft spot for him? Or she just be nice to him so she can probably lures or tricks him into family tradition? She dislikes her daughter because she may just bossy with her daughter, like in a comical way? Or they argue with each other all the time and developed such a bad relationship? Or there's something back then that made Ma dislikes her so much?

Their dad/hubby was died too, and there's a theory about a wrecked car near the river that might be his car. It's interesting to create a story about it. Did Rhoda failed the 'operation' that costs her father's live? I don't know...

♒ Aquarius Sun, ♈ Aries Moon, ♈ Aries Rising

Sorry for my English :)
Field Researcher
#9531 Old 24th Jun 2023 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlademasterX2
I wonder why she despises her daughter and get along very well with her son, even Rhoda follows the family's tradition?

I had a big purge of my CC when my computer died so I need to remake Riverview before I play again- I tend to modify towns and families heavily to bring in more expansions (the people in Riverview end up with a lot of pets). The Bagley family home is one that I always give a makeover to. They have very low quality (starter) furniture in the house but a garage packed with higher end "stolen goods". People end up spending more time in the crowded garage than the house, so I empty the garage and just put the stuff in the house.

The patriarchy part of their family is still around for some families (I live in the rural part of America that's actually a lot like Riverview) but most have stopped. Looking at the traits, both Ma and Rhoda have hot-headed. That makes them prone to fighting and arguing, especially with each other. It may just be that they are both stubborn and won't back down in an argument. Sherman might be favored just because he hasn't argued with him mom as much as his sister has.

As for the Dad, he has/had heavy sleeper. Maybe he fell asleep while driving late at night and drove into the river. Or if you have pets, people hitting deer with their cars is a huge problem here, especially early in the morning or during the evening when people aren't paying attention. Running into a deer at full speed can easily wreck a normal car, possibly killing the person inside, so that's also a potential.
Top Secret Researcher
#9532 Old 24th Jun 2023 at 8:38 PM
Is there a way to reset wishes? I noticed that when you click certain wishes away because you are bombarded with them, you don't get them again. Like mastering a skill wish, which you usually get between lvl8 and lvl9 in a skill.

I don't think you can. Clicking wishes away, especially if they are not related to traits or Lifetime wishes makes them less likely to reappear. It appears to serve as a signal that they aren't important to this sim, so the game looks for other ones. For example, for a sim that ha the genius trait, learning more logic will always come up again but for one that isn't, it might not. Or it might take longer to come back. There might be other factors.

I don't actually know this for sure but that's been my impression over the years.
Forum Resident
#9533 Old 25th Jun 2023 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I don't think you can. Clicking wishes away, especially if they are not related to traits or Lifetime wishes makes them less likely to reappear. It appears to serve as a signal that they aren't important to this sim, so the game looks for other ones. For example, for a sim that ha the genius trait, learning more logic will always come up again but for one that isn't, it might not. Or it might take longer to come back. There might be other factors.

I don't actually know this for sure but that's been my impression over the years.

They never come back when you want them to!!

I have got to the point after all these years where I "reserve" two wish boxes for big scoring items, like maxing out a skill or writing X number of books. This way I can guarantee up to 10,000 wish points while I burn through the lower scoring wishes. Kiss someone, or give them a friendly hug, meet someone, those will always come up again. So zap them and use the slot for one or two of those big items that might not come up again.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥ Now playing Sims 4 but not as EA intended.....
Instructor
#9534 Old 25th Jun 2023 at 6:15 AM
Nrass dreamer mod helps with dreams/wishes, it allows the unsaved ones to stick around longer so you have 3 extra aside from the saved 4 there is also a tuning so they never time out but will conitnue to build up but you can only see the 3 most recent ones, have to fulfill them to see others. Here is the mod page https://www.nraas.net/community/Dreamer and the FAQ https://www.nraas.net/community/Dreamer-FAQ
Scholar
#9535 Old 27th Jun 2023 at 5:23 AM
Help! I need to build a single stair/single step staircase to connect a port to the land and it won't place.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#9536 Old 27th Jun 2023 at 3:50 PM
I noticed with the wishes that when you move sims around in Edit Town, their early wishes come back after you start playing them again. It resets them all. You even get the join university, etc wishes all back. So the game has a way to reset this. Just wish there was a way to reset them without forcing a sim to move. Especially the ones that build up, like playing in front of x sims or make a painting worth of x money. They never seem to appear when it is convenient, so I click them away.
Scholar
#9537 Old 21st Jul 2023 at 1:22 PM
Is there a way to have more control over which way a sim is going to face when performing for tips? It doesn't seem to matter which way my sim was facing when directing her to perform. It seems random which way they turn.
I am trying to make a sim perform for tips in front of the theatre in Sunset Valley, but she keeps turning into an awkward direction. It is not so much that it looks odd, but that the tip jar then gets put in the most traffic congestion way :p
Forum Resident
#9538 Old 21st Jul 2023 at 4:41 PM
Is there a way to have more control over which way a sim is going to face when performing for tips? It doesn't seem to matter which way my sim was facing when directing her to perform. It seems random which way they turn.
I am trying to make a sim perform for tips in front of the theatre in Sunset Valley, but she keeps turning into an awkward direction. It is not so much that it looks odd, but that the tip jar then gets put in the most traffic congestion way :p

It may be possible to use testing cheats, moveobjects on, go into lot edit and position your sim and tip jar, but to have it done by EA's program... doubt it.
Scholar
#9539 Old 22nd Jul 2023 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
It may be possible to use testing cheats, moveobjects on, go into lot edit and position your sim and tip jar, but to have it done by EA's program... doubt it.

That is an option yes Thanks.
I just wondered why they face a random way when playing for tips with guitar. While Acrobat stays facing the same way when performing for tips as far as I can tell. Maybe this is because Acrobat takes up more space? But with the guitar player I kept creating a traffic jam in between theatre and bookstore in Sunset Valley. Best spot though, it becomes packed in no time there and with high level guitar it earns quite fast.
Forum Resident
#9540 Old 22nd Jul 2023 at 3:51 PM
That is an option yes Thanks.
I just wondered why they face a random way when playing for tips with guitar. While Acrobat stays facing the same way when performing for tips as far as I can tell. Maybe this is because Acrobat takes up more space? But with the guitar player I kept creating a traffic jam in between theatre and bookstore in Sunset Valley. Best spot though, it becomes packed in no time there and with high level guitar it earns quite fast.

I was looking around recently, and saw a mod that reduces the area around guitar, bass, etc. It was somewhere, here on MTS. May help you?
Scholar
#9541 Old 23rd Jul 2023 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
I was looking around recently, and saw a mod that reduces the area around guitar, bass, etc. It was somewhere, here on MTS. May help you?

Thanks! I think they made it for jamming with instruments, but lets see if it also reduces space when playing for tips. This is a useful mod regardless, if only to maybe prevent a sim from going outside to play the guitar during a party due to lack of space.
Field Researcher
#9542 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 5:44 PM
I wonder what language versions of the game are sold in countries which don't have their own language version of the game. For example
Ukraine: Russian or English?
Romania?
Slovakia? Probably Czech.
Former Yugoslavian countries?
Albania?
Bulgaria?
and others?

If I lived on Mars, I would be pleased because the Earth is not my cup of tea
Forum Resident
#9543 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
I wonder what language versions of the game are sold in countries which don't have their own language version of the game. For example
Ukraine: Russian or English?
Romania?
Slovakia? Probably Czech.
Former Yugoslavian countries?
Albania?
Bulgaria?
and others?

I imagine that all former SU countries would be in Russian, as most still speak it. Even young would learn, as their grandparents might only speak Russian. Also, some languages do have modded translations to download.
Field Researcher
#9544 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 6:48 PM
Yup, I've seen the Ukrainian translation, but I didn't want to spam this thread. Just wondering what the reasons are for not translating the language into the national/official/vastly spoken languages of many countries. Is is because of low population, low number of simmers, financial difficulties, politics etc.?

Forum Resident
#9545 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 10:54 PM
Yup, I've seen the Ukrainian translation, but I didn't want to spam this thread. Just wondering what the reasons are for not translating the language into the national/official/vastly spoken languages of many countries. Is is because of low population, low number of simmers, financial difficulties, politics etc.?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Face it, EA went as cheap as they could in making TS3. 32 bit would be the first tell. Despite 64 bit being out, EA went for mass sales, so made it for older computers. Waiting around for the folks at Nraas to fix most of the broken stuff is another cheap way out. Why pay an EA guy, when they'll fix it? But to languages, the ones EA did, are probably larger markets, and the cost of adding more languages was just extra work. At this point, the game is old, so why bother. Only reason they made the Mac 64 bit was because Mac completely did away with 32 bit, and EA didn't want to lose Mac users. Bonus being it's a download and you have to go thru whatever mess they have on that site. Still, people from whatever country, who speak whatever language make their own translations, and sometimes share.
Field Researcher
#9546 Old 10th Aug 2023 at 4:41 PM
Yup, it's a shame they didn't make it 64-bit. The game itself is great, but almost unplayable without all the fixes created by gamers. I've run into many performance issues like crashing, saving errors, freezes, stuttering etc. and it was all because of the game's poor coding.

Forum Resident
#9547 Old 10th Aug 2023 at 4:53 PM
Yup, it's a shame they didn't make it 64-bit. The game itself is great, but almost unplayable without all the fixes created by gamers. I've run into many performance issues like crashing, saving errors, freezes, stuttering etc. and it was all because of the game's poor coding.

Well, ignoring the EA exec who is trolling MTS, much of what I wrote was told to me by an EA programmer who did some work on TS3. 64 bit would fix all of the issues, but would help. Besides, this discussion has been had, elsewhere, many times.
Forum Resident
#9548 Old 11th Aug 2023 at 4:54 PM
Out of all The Sims games on PC, The Sims 3 seems to be the most expensive to have been produced. Base game alone tells the story but if that was not enough evidence; TS3 had 2 different expansion pack teams, 2 different stuff pack teams and a whole team dedicated just for store content.

Yes it is true that a 64-bit version would have been best however remember TS3 was targeted at 16-24 year olds; therefore some still in high school and some likely in college where buying a new computer that was 64-bit wouldn't be so easily accessible to most. Not to mention some, if not most, of the demographic were not gamers so 64-bit would have been overkill when the goal is to get as many people to play the game as possible. They knew their demographic rather well in my opinion. -https://www.gamesindustry.biz/the-sims-3-john-buchanan

If the consensus was TS3 is the cheapest and most broken game to ever exist in The Sims franchise then I highly doubt word of mouth wouldn't have been effective as there were 1.4 million sales in the first 7 days of its release which broke TS2 record of having sold over 1 million in 10 days.

TS3 is not a difficult game to run or play flawlessly as is. If you "need" mods then the first thing I would suspect is incompatible hardware/bottlenecking. The only thing about TS3 that needs help is the frame rate and to limit it to the monitors max refresh rate. So if it's 60 then cap it at 60. I usually have that frame rate issue even with new games if the limiter already isn't enabled so it's not just a TS3 thing. However TS3 doesn't have a built-in fps limiter.

I have played TS3 on and off mostly without mods/cc during its lifespan. And although now I mostly play my modded Sims folder, I also have one I play that's base game only with NRass NoCD, Pose Player and Poses. The other Sims folder is all EP/SP/Store Content with NRass NoCD, NRass MC (Cheats/Integration), Pose Player and Poses. And the other Sims folder is for the test of my computer and only has NRass NoCD, all EP/SP/Store Content. And all those except my heavily modded folder are all maxed settings and plays flawlessly.

I always have issues with my modded game, always. I really need to narrow down the most game enhancing and lose everything else, lol. Because I already I have 99 problems but my computer isn't one.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight
Theorist
#9549 Old 24th Aug 2023 at 2:01 AM
I feel dumb asking this, but I've never done it before and I don't want to mess up my game.

You know how when you go into edit town and there are the sims that show up at the bottom? If I delete those, are those sims removed from my game? When I click delete it asks if I want to delete the sims from my library. The sims that are there are not causing any problems, I just don't like looking at the 'clutter'.
Field Researcher
#9550 Old 24th Aug 2023 at 4:11 AM
When a Young Adult is in college What happens to the family in the main Neighborhood?

Prince Avalanche
Page 382 of 385