Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#2251 Old 9th Jun 2022 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Fortunately you can always switch to copy has been done before if something went wrong. backup files could help

I don't think the Grid Adjuster would mess up a neighborhood, although yeah, backing up files is always a good idea when trying something new.

I did find it very useful to put a copy of the Lot I was working on into the Lot bin, once I had it all laid out the way I wanted, and just before starting to use the Grid Adjuster. That way, if I mess it up, which I did several times, I just pulled another copy from the Lot bin and tried again. I don't remember seeing this simple piece of advice in any of the tutorials.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2252 Old 10th Jun 2022 at 2:51 AM
You can also put levels on top of each other. So they share the same space. That's good for hiding dummy levels - I first did that on those skinny Florida houses I did (https://modthesims.info/d/647471/fl...ement-1-cc.html) to be able to build out over the garage door - with a 1-step foundation and a no-slope basement. It's a real pita to figure out and plan for. I don't recommend it. *sigh*
I usually stick a working copy (at different progress sections) in my lot bin... That's how I build.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#2253 Old 11th Jun 2022 at 3:55 PM
https://www.architecturaldesigns.co...nvented-19043gt

I have been wanted to do this plan for some time now and i think i might start on it soon enough! Think it will fit right in with my Gilded Age series

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#2254 Old 11th Jun 2022 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
https://www.architecturaldesigns.co...nvented-19043gt

Another huge house! It is beautiful though! Go for it

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#2255 Old 13th Jun 2022 at 12:37 AM
This is what i have so far:
Altered it a bit but overall kept the same shape and proportions
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#2256 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
This is what i have so far

You have another unfinished and huge mansion so far.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#2257 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 2:31 PM
Here's what I did yesterday:
Based on this

I did this

...and I remembered all the "fun" that goes with Gambrel roofs in TS2.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2258 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 3:30 PM
And I built nothing yesterday.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#2259 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 10:29 PM
Today I worked on the inside - and fixed up the outside a bit more. Better?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2260 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Today I worked on the inside - and fixed up the outside a bit more. Better?

Absolutely not better, at least not as far as wall coverings go.
Love the house, Cathy, but the only wall covering I like are the blue-ish shingles in your first picture. Also, why would you want three different siding styles? Also, the blue and brown color clash in the second picture is nothing short of ghastly.
I'm also "meh" on the foundation color/type.
You can do better with the colors. The house itself looks great.
Theorist
#2261 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 11:26 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 16th Jun 2022 at 12:16 PM.
I liked how it looked before, Catherine.
Additionly to said by scaryrob try to use chris hatch's lot cleaner to reset the sun angle. Currently it looks too much shady.

Mad Poster
#2262 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 5:57 PM
Really? Re the colors? Huh...
Lemme see what I can do.
As for the sun - it hits in the back yard, exactly where I want it. The "bay" is off the front part of the property, and there will be a pool/toys in the back.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2263 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 7:17 PM
Lemme see what I can do.
As for the sun - it hits in the back yard, exactly where I want it. The "bay" is off the front part of the property, and there will be a pool/toys in the back.

Ah. I did not noticed the road location. I thought it is a shot from the front yard.

Forum Resident
#2264 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 11:36 PM
You have another unfinished and huge mansion so far.

I Know!!! I need to finish the ones i already have!!!

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#2265 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 11:59 PM
Ah. I did not noticed the road location. I thought it is a shot from the front yard.

It is. But the road is not at the front.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2266 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 2:01 AM
Lemme see what I can do.

Using just the colors you have shown so far, I would stick with the shingles and not use any siding. Definitely stay away from the vertical siding because it says, "cheap".
Try either the brown or blue shingles for the entire house, with the top of the gables a solid white paint to match the white windows, porch columns and trim.
Mad Poster
#2267 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
Using just the colors you have shown so far, I would stick with the shingles and not use any siding. Definitely stay away from the vertical siding because it says, "cheap".
Try either the brown or blue shingles for the entire house, with the top of the gables a solid white paint to match the white windows, porch columns and trim.

The vertical siding is necessary to hide the wonky CFE'd walls around the garage door (which, the wonkyness is the first T on the side.)
I didn't even look at that house today - I was fixing my collection files instead. They are done! Yay! So, house tomorrow.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2268 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 4:46 AM
The vertical siding is necessary to hide the wonky CFE'd walls around the garage door (which, the wonkyness is the first T on the side.)

I wouldn't worry about the splits too much, we're all used to them. Move the splits to spots where you can put a tree in front of them to at least somewhat hide them. The Non-Proliferating Bamboo is good for that, or maybe that vine thing that goes against walls. Even a somewhat visible split is far better than an entire section of the house covered in vertical siding, IMO.
Vertical siding is just awful, in my opinion. It is the epitome of cheapness. It's mostly only good for shacks and maybe detached garages in low-rent neighborhoods.
Do what you want, of course, it's all IMO and subjective.
Forum Resident
#2269 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 10:27 PM
Here is my adorable little Gardener's cottage that is finished!!! Absolutely love how it turned out!
SEE i can build small and affordable!

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#2270 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 10:49 PM
Cute! It's... ah... very colorful! Now all it needs is more gardens

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#2271 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 3:23 PM
Wait..Are those descriptions true? Maxis actually created this dude and went 'yep, this guy grows and smokes weed.'?
Anyway, there's no reason to feel idiotic for re-creating something old.

And Cath, I liked the shingles better, too. It looks like it belongs on a temperate coastline/lakeshore, which needs shingles IMO :p

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#2272 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Wait..Are those descriptions true? Maxis actually created this dude and went 'yep, this guy grows and smokes weed.'?

Ea did no give any storylines to deseased characters, u'now. But they gave them interests and personalities somehow.
Actually both storylines for Irma and Myron are fictional. Myron is drawn from Dr. Gonzo character from "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" movie. He reminded me of Dr. Gonzo with his red shirt.
Irma's storyline is drawn from real life meme character who was popular here in Russia about 5(?) years ago. It was a short video about an old woman with a huge broad-brim. Interviewer met her and asked about her favourite name. She said it, but also said that she passed the war, about feminism and finally warned that her hat does not mean she is a woman or a ballerina.

Theorist
#2273 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 1:24 AM
I'll go for Coral and Herb Oldie. But I won't make them as someone generic. Sims 1 is very eclectic so it's worth very eccentric characters after all.

Mad Poster
#2274 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 10:55 PM
How's this one so far? ...I wish I had taller chimneys!
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2275 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 3:58 AM
Victor, here's a quote of the first sentence from the first post on the first page of this thread:

Quote:
If you have some designs of buildings or landscape, you can post it here.

Buildings or landscapes, not Sims.

Page 91 of 98