Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 8:23 AM
Default no-go zone for sims
hi,

i try to create a world, but have a routing probleme, if have some "red" routing zone and place a area , the red disapear, but if a sims go here, can be stuck ? right ?

here my 2 case:
https://zupimages.net/up/21/33/jse2.png
https://zupimages.net/up/21/33/pi95.png

only did a walk line for one, so my question for the zone inside the parcel, how should i "close" acces for sims. (blue painting tool of caw ?)

thx
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 8:42 AM
Hi The routing paints in CAW (no-go, no camera) do not work on lots. So while you should use the no-go (sims non-routing) paint outside the lot to cover the red areas (those are too steep) it won't help you on the lot. On a lot you could use fences or objects to block a path. But sims will always use the most direct path.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 9:26 AM
ok thx,

so i remove this lot, did, my painting "no-go", and replace the 3 -4 object.

my objectif is to don't touch this lot, so want to have a clean routing, but would keep the possibility to build on, so don't know if my first no-go painting interfer with the lot.

don't know if i'm clear o)
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 12:09 PM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 21st Aug 2021 at 12:28 PM.
You would do it something like this - you put the blue no routing paint where you don't want sims to go.
@Norn has some very useful tutorials for CAW - https://nornities.tumblr.com/downloads
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 3:54 PM
yes , understand , the zoning tool,
but typicaly, in the second screen, the little cliff is in red if i remove parcel, so, does sims can stuk here ?
here on screen the pink area., ( case it's a comunautary lot, so npc could come in)

(don't know if i explain my question well , sorry about that's, not my usual language )
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 11:05 PM
Not sure they will get stuck but if they do you can put a fence around it or decorate with bushes/plants. You would have to test the lot with a sim.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 11:33 PM
Unless there are objects blocking a Sim from getting in and out of areas (like stairs or archways), Sims won't get stuck while within the boundaries of a lot. But they can appear sunken when walking, just as the white lines are sunk in the ground.

Like @KatyFernlily mentioned, if you don't want Sims to appear to float (or jump) up and down the pink colored cliff area, when they want to move up and down the cliff, then put fences around those areas. So, they have to make one big round to reach any paths
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 7:57 AM
thanks for your's both explain, it's clrear for me now.

(it's my first world and it's 50/50 , 50 % in caw to build , 50% on internet to read or see doc-video or whatever xD. )

edit: ha ...pro tips , if game ask you if you're sure to want to exit without saving , take 2s before clic on "yes" ...