Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Better Phone Messages - UPDATED FOR APARTMENT LIFE

by Cyjon Posted 9th Mar 2007 at 10:14 PM - Updated 16th Sep 2008 at 5:55 PM by Cyjon : Uploaded Apartment Life compatible version

136 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 126 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Forum Resident
#76 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 12:40 AM
thank you

What about the thousands of wonderful men and women who are fighting this war without any of the credit or the glory that always goes to those lucky few who just happen to get shot?
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 7:22 PM
I have one problem. I am not sure if the problem is about this mod, because I have installed a few mods that day but this one is only one assocciated with phones. So, my Sims can't use phones themselves. They can answer when they are called by another Sim, but I can't click on it expet when it's ringing. I have tried that in several families, with all kinds on phone, exept the mobile phone. (didn't have a chance to test it yet, tought). For now I'll try with removing this mod, but I recommend you warn futher downloaders. BTW, I have all the expansions including Seasons.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#78 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 3:16 AM
Elinchy, all I can offer is the same advice I've given before. Make sure you have installed the correct version. Then go to simwardrobe.com and download his hack conflict utility to see if some other mod is conflicting.
Test Subject
#79 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elinchy
I have one problem. I am not sure if the problem is about this mod, because I have installed a few mods that day but this one is only one assocciated with phones. So, my Sims can't use phones themselves. They can answer when they are called by another Sim, but I can't click on it expet when it's ringing. I have tried that in several families, with all kinds on phone, exept the mobile phone. (didn't have a chance to test it yet, tought). For now I'll try with removing this mod, but I recommend you warn futher downloaders. BTW, I have all the expansions including Seasons.

I had the same problem, but I'll use your advice
Test Subject
#80 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 6:53 PM
Has there been any progress with the Seasons version of this? I really would love to have it in my game, but the only EP's I have are Pets and Seasons. Best of luck in creating this mod for the later EP's!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#81 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 10:43 PM
This mod was update for Seasons several months ago. I finally got Seasons recently and have been using it successfully in my game for quite some time as have many other people. I don't know why Elinchy and sayumirk were having problems in their game but since it works for other people, it has to be a mod conflict at their end.
Test Subject
#82 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 7:43 PM
Fantastic mod! When you think about it, it's such a small, overlooked thing, but it's so useful (and I was getting tired of being attacked over the phone )
I see that you offer it in Spanish and German... if you need French translations, PM me, I'll gladly do it!
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 5:14 AM
Im having the same problem as a few others have. Apparently this mod disable the use of phones. Neighboring sims could call my active sims, but my active sims could not use the phone at all. When i removed the mod the problem went away. I have all expansion packs except seasons.
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 5:16 PM
Been using this mod with no problems with my sims using phones at all... I've got all the packs (BV not installed as yet)
Test Subject
#85 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 1:15 AM Last edited by Cleveland Rock : 9th Sep 2007 at 1:16 AM. Reason: Accidentally thanked
I think the old phone messages were a great and funny part of the game. *shrugs*
Field Researcher
#86 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 8:15 PM
I wanted to let you know that I downloaded this mod of yours. The first time it was after I got seasons and before you had updated it. I had the whole phone can't be used problem. It was frustrating so I got rid of it and checked again at a later date and you had updated it, so I redownloaded it. It worked without any problems and I loved it. When I got Bon Voyage two days ago I was worried that it again wouldn't work I and I would have to take it off again. Well, there was the whole I couldn't enter the game after the initial instalation, but after I figured that I out I tested it and it still worked! So I'm happy and I just wanted to let you know.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#87 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 6:27 AM
Faerieimp, I'm glad you got it to work. I'm fairly certain that the "phone can't be used" problem is from people downloading the wrong version. Until someone provides some useful information, I just ignore those complaints.

As for Bon Voyage, the fact that it works doesn't mean it WORKS. If BV added any new phone messages they won't be in the posted version. I have to verify the text lists by hand.

If someone can extract the resources I need from Bon Voyage, PM me and I'll tell you what I need so I can update this.
Test Subject
#88 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 6:19 PM
Yeah, this doesn't exactly work with Bon Voyage. I invited a vacation townie to visit for 3 days and the message response bubble was totally blank. So it semi-works, but definitely needs an update.

If you could tell me how to extract the resources I would be glad to help if I can. Though I'll admit, while computer savvy, this doesn't extend to modding stuff.
Field Researcher
#89 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 12:55 AM
Interesting. My sister reported that she tried to invite a vacation townie over. We decided he is going to marry her sim's daughter, so we need to get him over there. I will attempt to remove the hack and see if that works. I almost hope it doesn't, because I really like your hack, but I will let you know the results. I hope that if this does work you are able to make a new version of your hack that is compatible with Bon Voyage, because I love your hack.
Test Subject
#90 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 10:38 AM
can you use this with BV?

X.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.X
Why Put A New Address On The Same Old Lonliness?
X.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.XX.x.X
Test Subject
#91 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 1:37 AM
Thanks so much. I got so sick of the snarky messages.... It's really useful to know when to try again too.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 3:19 AM
Well, I took it out and had my sister check to see if her family that was trying to invite the vacation townie over could. They could. I'm rather disapointed, but at least I don't have to go through everything else to figure out. I will keep checking to see if and when you upgrade this to fit Bon Voyage. I love this hack and look foward to being able to use it, again.
Test Subject
#93 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 10:31 AM
Can't wait for BV version. The only problem appears when you invite somebody to be houseguest-you get blank message response bubble.
Test Subject
#94 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 11:08 PM
I got a bug with Bon Voyage i think, the normal phone doesn't work, lika a decorative item with no actions, I uninstal this mod and now works correctly
Test Subject
#95 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 7:13 PM
Is this mod ever going to be updated?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#96 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 3:29 PM
If someone familiar with SimPE wants to extract the resources I need then I'll update this.
Test Subject
#97 Old 29th Dec 2007 at 6:40 PM
Say what you need, so we can see if we can do it.
Instructor
#98 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 4:09 AM Last edited by babyliss : 23rd Jan 2008 at 5:58 AM.
LOL im soo dumb, I requested this and it's already here! I don't think im very good at google...lol thanx fo this a MILLION. I needed this badly, I swear you deserve one of those trophies of stars! You guys really are the Kippers Knickers!!!!!!!

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#99 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 11:35 PM
Hey, everyone. Thanks to Sulphur, I'm testing a BV version right now. It should be uploaded sometime this weekend.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Instructor
#100 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 9:36 PM
Where's the NL version of this hack? There's only one download in the downloads box.
Page 4 of 6