Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Mosaic updated for 1.17/2.12/3.8/4.5/5.2/6.0

by Rothchild Posted 24th Nov 2009 at 4:58 PM - Updated 27th Oct 2010 at 7:48 PM by Rothchild : Updated!

490 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 387 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 20
Field Researcher
#26 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rothchild
If you have WA the mod should go in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\Packages

You'll need to make sure you have Resource.cfg in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures

I downloaded this mod and just to make sure that I've done this right, I created the Mods\Packages folders because WA didn't have them automatically created. Because the mod was installed in the base game directory through the HM, I just cut and pasted it into my new WA directories. I'm pretty sure that's okay to do, because it was already installed?

Also, I just copied and pasted the Resource.cfg into the WA folder, unless we need to just take it out of the base game folder completely and transfer it over to WA?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by keepmesafe10120
i meant it is compatible
Now we must define "compatible". Let's say I have an old mod that increases the rate in which you gain skills, yet it prohibits you from learning the new skills. Does it work, yes. Does it work as advertised, yes. Does it work as it should with the new expansion pack, no.

It seems you're definition of "compatible" is that it doesn't tell you there's an issue. If you're not using the expansion, then the old No Mosaic will work fine for you. If you're using WA and don't care to see the shloads of new effects, the old No Mosaic will work for you.
Test Subject
#28 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 9:55 AM
Seems to work properly for me. Thanks!
Test Subject
#29 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 12:15 PM
i meant it is compatible

A good example of what others are trying to say is with the old Mosaic mod installed in WA, if you for example have an Incense Burner from Egypt, China, etc.. then light it (Burn Incense) You will see the Incense appear, but no smoke effects would apear on it.

If you remove the old Mosaic mod, you will see the smoke effects coming off the Incense.

Another one is the Lifetime Reward for Eye Candy that when you obtain it creates some red sparkly effects around the character that has the reward. With the old Mosaic mod this effect does not appear either. Basically all special effects from WA get removed with the old Mosaic mod. The only thing that works properly with the old one is it still removes the Mosaic itself (but at the cost of every other effect as well)

Attached a small cropped image from my game showing the effects of the Eye Candy reward I am talking about (sparkles around my character)

Oh and thanks to the modder for making an updated version!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#30 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 12:22 PM
Hi! 1 - for instaling this new "no mosaic", we need to delete the old one? and what is the reference of it for we to find it among all those files we`ve downloaded...? 2 - From now on, to instal new dowloads do we have to create a new Mods/Packages file and put the Resource.cfg, in the root of the new expansion pack? Thank you
Test Subject
#31 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 12:32 PM
Works fine for me , got all the WA effects back ( compared at the old version one ) .
Thx a lot =)
Test Subject
#32 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by modernarch
Hi! 1 - for instaling this new "no mosaic", we need to delete the old one? and what is the reference of it for we to find it among all those files we`ve downloaded...? 2 - From now on, to instal new dowloads do we have to create a new Mods/Packages file and put the Resource.cfg, in the root of the new expansion pack? Thank you

Yes, you should remove the old Mosaic mod first.

Also, move the mods from Sims 3 (base Game) into the Expansion WA install folder instead. (So instead of installing to EA\Sims3\, install all mods to EA\Sims 3 World Adventures\) Also move the Resource.cfg file to WA folder as well
Test Subject
#33 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 2:06 PM
Thank you very much for answering!
So I move that file named Mod and all it´s content (the file named Packages and all the items inside it which are dowloads I already have), as well as the Resource.cfg, to the Sims3 World Adventures and put all dowloads (which are not Sims3pack) there from now on.
Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 5:45 PM
I sent a message over to Snooty to update their news about no censor and told him to take a look at this one for a recommended replacement. Not having any problems with this one so far and looking forward to the no-sparkle for eye candy
Field Researcher
#35 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 11:31 AM
Working great so far, just wanted to say. I have the same sex pregnancy mod as well and it isn't conflicting from what I can see at the moment! Thanks bunches!

Touch my mind
Test Subject
#36 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 1:20 PM
I'm not sure it matters whether the Mod folder is in the original Sims 3 or the WA folder - I suspect the game uses either since I have all my mods & CC in the base game and they work fine with WA. I advise having only one Mod folder though!
And thank you Rothchild for creating this mod - I was wonderng why I couldn't see the fire bugs...
Test Subject
#37 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 4:59 PM
I Installed this new No Mosaic and there has not been any issues with my game. The censor blur is off and i can see the new effects that came with WA: I had missed seeing my Koi in the fish bowl and the smoke of my incense among other things. Thanks for the patch. (If U have a Mac and is wondering its fine for you too )

¤M¡zz Røyåltÿ¤™
Test Subject
#38 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 5:03 PM
Thank you Rothchild for this updated No Mosaic and I seem confused by differing opinions on different sites as to where the mods folder should now be placed. Like you Simeon Simmering I still have my mods folder in the original Sims 3 and all work fine. Interestingly Delphys Install Helper Monkey still puts the downloads into the original game and I feel sure he would have updated this to reflect the new EP if a change was needed. Confusingly, I have found Indie Stones Sims 3 Mods Tester that was made some time ago searches for the mods folder in the WA game folders. Perhaps I should start another thread on this topic for clarification.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 5:07 PM
i meant it is compatible

I don't think you can call it that. The old version of the mod also seems to remove several of the new insects from the game, and you need some of those to complete certain opportunities...
Test Subject
#40 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 6:20 PM Last edited by Crypton : 29th Nov 2009 at 7:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simeon Simmering
I'm not sure it matters whether the Mod folder is in the original Sims 3 or the WA folder - I suspect the game uses either since I have all my mods & CC in the base game and they work fine with WA. I advise having only one Mod folder though!
And thank you Rothchild for creating this mod - I was wonderng why I couldn't see the fire bugs...

You are probably right, but definately agree with only having one mod folder. Wife and I both installed everything via WA folder instead and works this way as well.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 10:04 PM
I didn't know about these new effects, either. I knew that I was missing the sparkle from "Eye Candy", but I didn't know why. And I didn't know that Sims glow when they're meditating, or ANY of the tomb effects. I cannot wait to see them! Thanks, Rothchild!
Test Subject
#42 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 11:21 AM
hello sinds ik use this patch
my game crash more
afther i stop playing the game go to bed wake up and try again
my monitor didnt work anymore says there is no conection en go into sleepmodes

i have a new hp pc compleet with windows 7

i need help
Field Researcher
#43 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 1:41 PM
ok just so i understand,

i don't have WA, But i do have the new patch.

so should i still get this new No Mosaic mod?

and am i missing anything, if i don't have the new No Mosaic?
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cindy_ve
hello sinds ik use this patch
my game crash more
afther i stop playing the game go to bed wake up and try again
my monitor didnt work anymore says there is no conection en go into sleepmodes

i have a new hp pc compleet with windows 7

i need help

You have a computer problem, your monitor function has nothing to do with any patch. If it's that new call HP for a warranty repair.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crazzyferret
ok just so i understand,

i don't have WA, But i do have the new patch.

so should i still get this new No Mosaic mod?

and am i missing anything, if i don't have the new No Mosaic?

As the title says "No Mosaic for World Adventures" if you don't have World Adventures you wouldn't need this new version.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 9:36 PM
ok thanks
Test Subject
#47 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rothchild
I believe that would be either a core or scripting mod, neither of which I've tried before.

If you have WA the mod should go in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\Packages

You'll need to make sure you have Resource.cfg in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures

How to get the Resource.cfg file that i need ?
Test Subject
#48 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 5:58 AM
i have the files all in the right spot but it still wont work is there any suggestions?
Test Subject
#49 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by avydulk
How to get the Resource.cfg file that i need ?

Same here, how do I get the resource.cfg file? Also, I installed the Mod to the correct folder but I still have that stupid mosaic.
Test Subject
#50 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 6:23 PM
Just added the file. Mosaic is till there.
Is the resource.cfg file what i am missing to get it to work correctly?
Page 2 of 20