Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#151 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 6:46 PM
The counter for that almost certainly got reset in the Great MTS Database Crash of whenever it was - when Delphy reloaded the backed up database, there was a lot of stuff went missing.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Instructor
#152 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 3:56 AM
For those who want to build a convenience store, especially a Japanese one, I found this today
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 7:21 AM Last edited by elly87 : 29th Apr 2016 at 7:38 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rinchan7
For those who want to build a convenience store, especially a Japanese one, I found this today

@Rinchan, thank you so much!!! I wanted to build a konbini (7-11 or Family Mart), but I could not find CC of products that were as the ones that there are in Japan (I visited there one month ago). Now I can, there are also onigiri! Thank you so much
Theorist
#154 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 11:52 AM
http://allthehairs.podserver.info/

If it's redundant or useless, then the mods can delete.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, guys but it is sort of similar to a Sims 3 website I love. You can look at it for yourself.
I found it very helpful to find "ethnic" hair which can be very elusive in Sims. Hope it's helpful when you are making your Simmies.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#155 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 5:53 PM
Remember the Religion mod by Chris Hatch?

Almighty Hat made it G-rated, and it's totally awesome:
G-Rated Religion (by Chris Hatch, Larky, & eventually Hat)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#156 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH

It's finished - Yippie - Thanks a lot for info & link.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#157 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 9:46 PM

Well lookee that - I have thought to myself about whether I could modify Chris Hatch's original for myself but that saves me a whole world of pain. Nice stuff there from Hat. Yessirreee, Little Carping and Polgannon are about to get religion (and a whole pile of religious hypocrites).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#158 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 11:07 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 30th Apr 2016 at 11:27 PM.
oh, tempting. Something to read over. If Hat tweaked it, it must be good.

Edit: Wow that's huge. I do use harder grades and I do have a mod that stops actions dropping from cue after using an elevator, is that a 'path finding' mod?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#159 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
oh, tempting. Something to read over later. If Hat tweaked it, it must be good.

It is tempting me too, but sounds way too involved for me. I doubt I would be able to remember all the intricacies.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#160 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 11:29 PM
I think since it prompts you on loading a lot that it would not be too hard. I guess if you add it in and don't use it very often you would simply end up with sims of low faith. The one point is it is hard to have differing faiths at the same house. Also what if you want the sim to have no faith? I think it will need more reading over than what I have done and not while my head is fuzzy, I think I picked up on my daughter bug.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#161 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 11:51 PM
Quote:
It is tempting me too, but sounds way too involved for me. I doubt I would be able to remember all the intricacies.

I've had both CH's original Religion mod, and now I've got Hat's..and I must say Hat's is the superior one, because it isn't as intricate as it looks if you're used to having a mod that will change behaviors. It's also a lot less sexy, which while I can appreciate the idea, it's a bit of a drag on a neighborhood when using the original. I prefer my religion to be simple and straightforward-Hat's fills the bill.

Once I installed both parts (which is required for the mod to really work) it was simply a matter of setting up the households, creating the religions and voila, instant better behavior..or sort of. I do have 2 separate lots which fulfill the two different religions, and their 'tenet's.

I also had rather set it up beforehand, knowing that Hat was working on this mod, hoping that she'd get it done-and it is simply lovely.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#162 Old 1st May 2016 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Edit: Wow that's huge. I do use harder grades and I do have a mod that stops actions dropping from cue after using an elevator, is that a 'path finding' mod?

I admit my reading was a cursory scan through but Hat seemed to be saying that many 'clashing' mods can be resolved, if you want to keep them, by loading after the religion mod. I have harder grades too and would like to keep it.

Forum Resident
#163 Old 1st May 2016 at 12:29 AM Last edited by natboopsie : 1st May 2016 at 7:05 AM.
Me too, as a user of the harder grades mod who won't give it up. In fact, I was recently thrilled to discover that harder grades even works with Cyjon's Harder Homework. Because you know...more harderness is more happiness. (Eh, perhaps not for the sims...)

I do think Hat is awesome. I remember bookmarking her big post on her age mod ("It's the Proportion," I remember it being called) because I just liked her writing and explaining style so much that I wanted to take it all in, even though I didn't think I'd use the mod. And indeed I don't use it, but the post sure was an enjoyable and highly informative read. And as with this new, big mod, I was utterly impressed at her ability to create something so significant (her age mod had all sorts of add-ons, like to help resolve ACR's fertility curve in conjunction with it---I found that not just thorough but even proactive, if you see what I mean, about other players' experiences).

BTW, thank you very much, FranH, for mentioning this new creation that Hat's offering. I love this community for exactly that: I learn things I'd never know about otherwise.

For me, partly because of the potential conflicts but mainly because I don't see a pressing need, I am choosing not to add any version of the religion mod now. My hood's pretty darn complex already...and if the ultimate result of this mod is to possibly remove bad behaviors, that probably won't quite do it for me. If certain behavior really bothers me, I've already modded it out. And if it bothers me enough to have modded it out, I don't want the sims doing it at all, whether I had time to help them maintain their faith that week or not.

But in real life, I do not frequently practice religion. So I am sure that is influencing my assessment here of whether it is a component I need in my game yet.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#164 Old 1st May 2016 at 1:11 AM
Once I installed both parts (which is required for the mod to really work)

What do you mean by 'both parts'? I only saw one download link.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#165 Old 1st May 2016 at 5:13 AM
Once I installed both parts (which is required for the mod to really work) it was simply a matter of setting up the households, creating the religions and voila, instant better behavior..or sort of. I do have 2 separate lots which fulfill the two different religions, and their 'tenet's.

I also had rather set it up beforehand, knowing that Hat was working on this mod, hoping that she'd get it done-and it is simply lovely.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean two parts? I just followed the link to mediafire and downloaded what was there. Is there something else I need?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#166 Old 1st May 2016 at 5:32 AM
I've been pondering the religion thing for years after seeing what Hatch provided...
Hat's creates even more problems for me.. because i'd really like both mods combined.. ah well, no hurry, I just keep pondering.

There are two parts to Hat's version. The basic one which is the master and includes the simple rules (nothing else needed). But then she's gone further, she's taken all the expansions and looked for bad behaviour and now they can be discouraged as part of whatever religious set up. Part 2 includes things like discouraging streaking and cheating at uni. You pick and choose a module based on whatever expansion you would like the mod to cover.
Forum Resident
#167 Old 1st May 2016 at 4:32 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 21st May 2017 at 3:53 AM.
Two finds I'm excited about.

First, in this thread I mentioned using Dizzy's Have a Leftover hack with my UC game to force any sim autonomously about to make food to get a leftover from the fridge instead. (It's great, works smoothly---they go to the fridge with "Have" or "Serve" in their queue and trigger the leftovers dialogue automatically when they get there.)

Now I've found not just that hack by Dizzy but a link at Garden of Shadows to his (?) entire trove of most recently updated hacks, good through AL. No registration required, and those folks even kindly posted a link to the documentation for the many hacks included in the file. Wahoo! (Edit to clarify: See ilikefishfood's post for both the documentation and the "Magic AL7" zip file. Inside the zip, Have a Leftover is the leftover-hack2.package...and I'm finding lots of other intriguing hacks too!)
ETA, over a year later: Annaminna mentioned elsewhere just recently that she had found this additional page by ilikefishfood. I see that it's an even more user-friendly interface for getting both the readmes for all of Dizzy's AL hacks and the hacks themselves (which are in one big ZIP). And still requires no registration! So thank you, Annaminna, for pointing out the new page (she modestly said it wasn't she but Google that had found it, but you know, Google doesn't work without a searcher ). And there's still great stuff in there; Dizzy had some excellent ideas.

Second, just stumbled across a hack by Monique: Cured of Lycanthropy Spam Hack.

I only have a few supernaturals in my game: plantsims and werewolves and "fairies" (anyone born with pointed ears). No one seems to be bothered by the plantsims (probably because it's just Maxis-made Daisy Greenman and her mom), but I'm finding it pretty unbalanced how everyone gets persistent wants to have werewolves be cured. Especially because I want certain Knowledge sims to be werewolves at least long enough to be able to run, and I want others to stay were because it just suits them.

Despite that...I have never before found any other hack that tries to specifically limit lycanthropy-cure wants. And I've looked! So I am so glad that exists and hope knowing about it will help someone else.

I haven't yet tested that Monique one yet but will soon, so I'll report back and edit the post if it doesn't work.
Forum Resident
#168 Old 3rd May 2016 at 3:41 AM Last edited by natboopsie : 3rd May 2016 at 10:57 AM.
And something else: a link to all of JFade's rescued programs and hacks. (I saw on another thread that someone had been looking without success for the Compressorizer, so it seemed worth posting the link.)

JFade wrote the amazing Compressorizer (a program you run outside the game that shrinks .package files down to minimum size, keeping your Downloads folder size manageable; it's amazing how much stuff is still out there that can be shrunk by sometimes 2/3 the size on a run through the Compressorizer!), the famous Wardrobe Wrangler, and also the Collection Maker (make in-game collections outside the game). And lots of other hacks and objects and even some recolors.

When you go to that link, if you do want all of JFade's work, you want the first link, which is an archive our member marka put together (thank you, marka!). If you just want a specific well-known program or hack, you might try the second link, which lists a few for individual download---and also were all put up out of the private collections of folks on that site. (Aren't simmers great?)

Edited to add: Make sure you're aware of the warnings about the Compressorizer; I've summed up the ones I know about in this post .

Edited further to add: In case it's ever needed, I found yet another place where Compressorizer and Wardrobe Wrangler are being made available for download. Almighty Hat has made Mediafire links for both, from this page on her blog (you have to scroll down a ways to Resources, or you can just search the page for "Resources" and then find it under that heading).
Mad Poster
#169 Old 3rd May 2016 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
Second, just stumbled across a hack by Monique: Cured of Lycanthropy Spam Hack.

I only have a few supernaturals in my game: plantsims and werewolves and "fairies" (anyone born with pointed ears). No one seems to be bothered by the plantsims (probably because it's just Maxis-made Daisy Greenman and her mom), but I'm finding it pretty unbalanced how everyone gets persistent wants to have werewolves be cured. Especially because I want certain Knowledge sims to be werewolves at least long enough to be able to run, and I want others to stay were because it just suits them.

Despite that...I have never before found any other hack that tries to specifically limit lycanthropy-cure wants. And I've looked! So I am so glad that exists and hope knowing about it will help someone else.

There's also Pescado's "Wants & Fears Sanity", which has this list of features:

ANNOYANCES FIXED:
Tons of sanity and personality checks added to wants, including:
1. No longer will want to play/etc. with people who aren't here. (Talk OK)
2. Knowledge sims no longer obsessed with attempted suicide unless low ASP.
3. Supernatural creatures no longer want to cure others of type.
4. Flirting with ugly and inappropriate people discouraged.
5. Cannot fear being caught cheating unless actually cheating.
6. Extremely implausible events with no history not feared.
Ex: Death of non-elder in neighborhood with no history of unnatural death.
Becoming enemies with best friends with no history of best friend loss.
7. No obsession with unaccessible pets.
8. Skating no longer valid want unless rink actually present.
9. Only kids and silly non-neat people want to balloon/snowball fight.
10. Very mean sims no longer actually WANT to give gifts.
11. Snow activities require presence of actual snow!

(Further explanation of #4: "It means that the flirt want will not appear for every single target of the sim's orientation, especially if his reaction to that sim is to barf at the sight of them. Only appropriate sims which are actually attractive to the sim will be wanted.")

There are other "annoyances fixed" by this mod, but you'll have to read the rest of the thread below to find them mentioned.

Support thread with explanations of what it does here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,8273.0.html

I checked and the linked file appears to be the same for Seasons and later EPs.

Monique's hack only deals with the specific lycanthropy wants (which some people may prefer if they only want to deal with one of these problems at a time).
Instructor
#170 Old 3rd May 2016 at 7:57 AM
For people who want to make a stadium but don't want to use cfe cheats to make bleachers, here are deco bleachers , you can't sit on them but they look nice.
Forum Resident
#171 Old 3rd May 2016 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Monique's hack only deals with the specific lycanthropy wants (which some people may prefer if they only want to deal with one of these problems at a time).

Thanks for mentioning wfsanity in conjunction with the Monique mod! As I was just saying over here when Charity also listed the features for wfsanity, Pescado's mod is indeed terrific, though it does not quite do everything it says. (I put the specifics in the other post and also added some recommendations there for other mods that strengthen or complement what wfsanity does in specific instances.)

And I'll also take the opportunity to report now that Monique's mod works great with wfsanity, cutting down the lycanthropy spam wants far below what wfsanity does. I'm thrilled. Less want spam is always good.

Monique's mod should load after wfsanity, by the way.
Mad Poster
#172 Old 13th May 2016 at 4:22 AM
Instructor
#173 Old 18th May 2016 at 3:16 AM Last edited by Rinchan7 : 22nd May 2016 at 9:36 AM.
For those who want more neighborhood deco objects, look here . The site seems to be in russian, but it's obvious what you are getting.
EDIT: Also here

Just found a site with a lot of good things here. I foresee making camping grounds in my sim-future. I don't think I've seen a sleeping bag sims could use before.

Victorian hood deco here

Medieval western and east asian hood deco here
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#174 Old 3rd Aug 2016 at 11:05 PM
Sun&Moon have uploaded herbs and spices http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=240

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#175 Old 3rd Aug 2016 at 11:17 PM
Just be careful if you're using Pescado's Macrotastics. Apparently combining the toxic plants and that hack will combine to make your sims drop like fruit flies. There's a nontoxic version of the herbs and spices available.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 7 of 119