Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2023 at 10:09 PM
Default no anger
when a sim is pregnant due to abduction, their partner acts like they were cheating! Just WRONG! I used to have, now can't find the mod that stops this

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 8:30 AM
It's part of Chris Hatch's Pregnancy controller.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
It's part of Chris Hatch's Pregnancy controller.

But...I can't find it.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 6:21 AM
Neither can I or I would have posted a link lol.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
https://modthesims.info/showthread....713#post5601713

I did find this, but my problem with it is that there is no explanation of EVERYTHING it does -- I am assuming it does NOT just stop a Sim from getting furious with their partner because the partner is pregnant by abduction.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 10:51 PM
He has an instruction document for the globe and related mods here:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....847#post5614847

It says of the pregnancy controller:
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Safely handles teen to elder, male or female pregnancy and will continue pregnancy of any sim. It will recognise the triplets and quads mod if it's installed and 'hand control over to it' as required.
If you have the Midwife Service installed then when a sim nears her time it will advise you that it's time to call a midwife.
If you also have the Hospital Mod then that advise may be considered as the last opportunity to go to hospital to have a hospital birth.
The controller includes the possibility of the sim miscarrying (from Inteen) should her motives not be looked after well enough. Any time a sim has a threatened miscarriage she becomes eligible to go to hospital throughout her pregnancy, miscarriages are very unlikely at hospital.
When a sim's pregnancy first shows those around her will realize she's pregnant. If she is a teen living at home (with at least one biological parent) her parents will become furious with her and lose a lot relationship toward her. Just how furious and how much of a relationship drop depends on her school grades. Parents of A+ students will get a lot more upset than those whose daughter wasn't doing so well at school. If she's married, engaged or going steady and the baby is not from her spouse, fiance o boyfriend and he figures that out then he will also get mad at her and lose a lot of relationship. If they've never had a woohoo he'll know the baby can't be his, otherwise he needs a logic skill of 300 (out of 1000 or 3 bars) or more to realize. If he has a logic skill of 750 or more he'll also figure out who the real father is and get mad with him as well. There is also a small relationship increase from the baby's father to the mother when he realizes that she's carrying his child. That is unconditional and applies regardless of if they are married or he was just a fling. As the relevant sims may not appear for the duration of the pregnancy all furious and relationship changes happen immediately even when the sims are nowhere around. There are some interactions, parents and/or husbands will yell, teens will cry and adults will worry but because the sims may not be there the actions are one way, she doesn't realize she's being yelled at and it's likely the timing will go off if the parent's are busy at the time that the action is pushed on them. The relationship drop is serious but not unrecoverable, if a couple's relationship was strong and they have good attraction they should be able to survive it.
This version adds a line of code into the globe sculpture above to let it 'know' the pregnancy controller exists, the globe will then have an option to disable miscarriages globally. It will also have local options for pregnant sims to disable the relationship changes when she first shows.
If you have been using the AL+ version of the pregnancy controller then just replace the file named 'CJH_PregControl+Miscarraige.package' with this one, it has the same features including birth control.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 11:37 PM
simsample: yes I read this. I actually had "CJH controller pregnancy" but took it out -- I don't like the miscarriage bit. I didn't realize it is this very mod that causes pregnancy anger. I like that bit, but it doesn't STOP anger if the pregnant person was abducted. I guess the "globe sculpture" is the download that modifies the Maxis "AL bathroom cabinet" (which has to have a sink) where you can change some things. But those changes aren't what I want.
So in all, I think I will just skip it. The miscarriage sadness, and the "I didn't ask to be probed!" stuff don't justify the few smart sims that could figure out that a pregnancy is not from them, but couldn't figure out their wife was stooping every male in town.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 2:41 PM
Could it be Preg-Rel (Pregnancy Relationship Adjuster) ? I have that one which doesn't include the other Pregnancy Controller changes.

I haven't noticed anger when somebody is abducted, but I am not sure if I've had any married people abducted - the last abductee was single.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Could it be Preg-Rel (Pregnancy Relationship Adjuster) ? I have that one which doesn't include the other Pregnancy Controller changes.

I haven't noticed anger when somebody is abducted, but I am not sure if I've had any married people abducted - the last abductee was single.

search for the one you referred to just brings up the Criss Hatch mod. If you are talking about something else could you send link?