Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2326 Old 8th Oct 2022 at 9:33 PM
Whenever I have used the in-game fireplace on an angle, it causes crashing. Especially if I package the lot and install it in a new hood. Maybe it's a coincidence? But it's happened several times. So... *shrug*

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Advertisement
Theorist
#2327 Old 8th Oct 2022 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Whenever I have used the in-game fireplace on an angle, it causes crashing. Especially if I package the lot and install it in a new hood. Maybe it's a coincidence? But it's happened several times. So... *shrug*

Hmm. I don't trust coincidences. May I ask you to test my lot with fireplace on angle? I want to sort off this problem.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Forum Resident
#2328 Old 21st Oct 2022 at 3:35 AM
This will be a new series ill be calling Millionaires Square! Townhouses based on the Gilded Age!
Just need to get my butt into gear and finish them and get ready to upload!
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#2329 Old 21st Oct 2022 at 1:36 PM
BTW Does anyone realize this thread has been goin on for almost 13 years???

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#2330 Old 22nd Oct 2022 at 6:50 AM
I made a signal post and a platform recently. Not that huge as your mansions Tudorman

As usually I used a lot of mods (like lot adjuster and hood decorations available on lots) which would work in vanilla game. As I often say myself: "Just don't touch anything"

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#2331 Old 23rd Oct 2022 at 8:26 AM
I found those neat rowhouses. I have a guestion what is mezzanine floor?
According to wiki and google translate mezzanine is a roof floor plan. Does that mean british councils should climb to the room just to reach the toilet? And I can't find the stars to underground level and those misterious roof closet-toilet.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#2332 Old 23rd Oct 2022 at 7:27 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 23rd Oct 2022 at 8:03 PM.
Nice!
A mezzanine is a "space in-between", or like a balcony - that overlooks the ballroom...
In this case - the mezzanine toilet room - would be tucked under the "dead" part of the staircase, off of the mid-staircase landing area.
It's probably directly over the ground floor stair/WC, and under the top floor bathroom area.
It is impossible to do it correctly in the TS2 game-engine. (I have tried!)

ETA - It has nothing to do with roofs...

I like this floor plan - would you mind if I 'borrowed' it?
Also - that floor plan is not showing the basement. Look at the window placement... the top floor with 2 windows is located inside the mansard roof above the cement "fencing".
I bet the basement is let as a completely separate unit, that's why it's floor plan is not included.

ETA2 - In researching the property, I found this video tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T69BCj1tW4
Enjoy!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2333 Old 23rd Oct 2022 at 10:45 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 23rd Oct 2022 at 11:25 PM. Reason: XD
Nice!
A mezzanine is a "space in-between", or like a balcony - that overlooks the ballroom...
In this case - the mezzanine toilet room - would be tucked under the "dead" part of the staircase, off of the mid-staircase landing area.
It's probably directly over the ground floor stair/WC, and under the top floor bathroom area.

Nice try. There are two stairs on the second floor. One is definitely go to mezzanine (because there is nothing any other). And when follow your words particularly about "space in-between", or like a balcony - that overlooks the ballroom... I think this mezzanine water closet is space in-between two sraircases which overlooks... And here I stuck. Where it can overlook is a great miracle. Maybe parenting unit? T_T

Uh. Wait. I found another meaning in russian vocabulary. I can translate it here: mezzanine is an extension above the middle part of a residential building, above the central risalit or portico. In height - below the full floor, hence the name. Widespread in the Russian manor architecture.
Picture:

My conclusion based on everything above: this is a tiny extension on the roof with tiny toilet above the utility located somewhere in-between second and third floor.
Kinda funny though to have such toilet on the roof. Low ceilings but great views are probably from mezzanine windows.

It is impossible to do it correctly in the TS2 game-engine. (I have tried!)

ETA - It has nothing to do with roofs...

Hmm. Okay

I like this floor plan - would you mind if I 'borrowed' it?
Also - that floor plan is not showing the basement. Look at the window placement... the top floor with 2 windows is located inside the mansard roof above the cement "fencing".
I bet the basement is let as a completely separate unit, that's why it's floor plan is not included.

I am not an owner of those picture. I found it on pinterest. So yeah take it. I am curious how you will recreate this mc mansion's mostrosity in Sims.
Yes I noticed a mansard. This is probably they called second floor. But with mezzanine... The mess they have on the roof only can be described by picture.
All back facades of Royal Crescent rowhouses are the hell on chicken legs.

ETA2 - In researching the property, I found this video tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T69BCj1tW4
Enjoy!

Oh well. Here is another video I can not load due to sanctions policy takes now part in my country. Anyways. Thanks
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#2334 Old 24th Oct 2022 at 12:10 AM
I saw that 'backside' picture too... yikes!
If you look at the first two buildings on the far right of that picture - Do you see how there are windows 'between' floors? Those are the "mezzanine" rooms.
To recreate that in TS2 you need to create a 1-tile empty-space buffer around the whole room. And you will have wonky walls all around it - unless you use Numenor's Wall. It is a serious pain in the tush!

Here's my 2-hour quick and dirty version - as row houses...
These are far from done! And I did NOT do the mezzanine rooms. I believe the octagonal room and the utility room are both meant to be mezzanined too. See how the stair landing goes?
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2335 Old 24th Oct 2022 at 7:21 AM
I'd organise so-called mezzanine toilet into the dead space one-tile niche between the units. With stairs from second floor to mansard floor and toilet stall in it.

Mad Poster
#2336 Old 24th Oct 2022 at 11:36 PM
Here's my front WIP so far - except for a few flowers, I think I'm done (with the facade.)
Stupid lot imposters... the columns are NOT red!
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2337 Old 25th Oct 2022 at 8:16 AM
Corners cut. You did it

Theorist
#2338 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 8:44 AM
Here is a new pretty in pink.

Theorist
#2339 Old 28th Oct 2022 at 6:45 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 28th Oct 2022 at 9:20 AM. Reason: Question
I don't know what style is this pink house. Maybe Queen Anne Revival? Please help me to write down proper thread hashtags
Oh, Catherine. How is your house going? I could share my attempt to recreate Royal Crescent but would like to see yours. I noticed in Nopke's thread it comes very pretty.

Mad Poster
#2340 Old 28th Oct 2022 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
I don't know what style is this pink house. Maybe Queen Anne Revival?
I'd believe Queen Anne Revival, if that's what it said on the tin.

I think I'ma gonna call mine the Royal Line (LOL) I don't want to put in all the time it would take to adjust it into a "crescent" shaped street/row - and I don't see how turning it into a crescent would be downloader-friendly.

I might have it ready to post on here by next Friday... Don't wait for me, to post yours though! I would love to see how you did it!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#2341 Old 28th Oct 2022 at 5:56 PM
Queen Anne Revival seems fine.
Also, Cat; I love the Capes you've recently uploaded!

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#2342 Old 28th Oct 2022 at 6:05 PM
I don't know what style is this pink house. Maybe Queen Anne Revival? Please help me to write down proper thread hashtags
Oh, Catherine. How is your house going? I could share my attempt to recreate Royal Crescent but would like to see yours. I noticed in Nopke's thread it comes very pretty.

It is actually Second Empire with the Mansard roof! maybe a little Italianate mixed in!

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#2343 Old 28th Oct 2022 at 6:29 PM
I could see Italianate - except it's pink and green. That's also why I thought 'revival' was a good tag, cuz that includes other influences. It's definitely a mix.

Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Also, Cat; I love the Capes you've recently uploaded!
Thanks! :lovestruc

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2344 Old 28th Oct 2022 at 6:31 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 28th Oct 2022 at 8:27 PM. Reason: Edit :)
I think I'ma gonna call mine the Royal Line (LOL)

I stuck with idea to call it Royal Sequence. I think because of hissing "S" sound which I like both in sequnce and crescent. Line and lane are sound prescise but mundane.
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
It is actually Second Empire with the Mansard roof! maybe a little Italianate mixed in!

I think that depends on its main feature.
Second Empire is featured mansard roof with a lot of widows. And Queen Anne is all about ornametation. So this house depends on what it has much. Ornamentation or mansard roof.

Don't wait for me, to post yours though! I would love to see how you did it!

Oh. In short. It comes now masculine. With straight design. And it has a lot of chimneys. There are seven by now.

I just found this video. And it is not even banned in my country yay!

Theorist
#2345 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 7:36 AM
@CatherineTCJD I like your Cape Codes too. But I haven't seen some in download section until Johnny mentioned. Some houses become invisible once you turn on Sims 2 filter.

Mad Poster
#2346 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 3:07 PM
...Some houses become invisible once you turn on Sims 2 filter.
That's weird? I wonder if that's a glitch Delphy/Tash should know about?

And Thanks! What do you think of the Black Villa I posted yesterday?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2347 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 6:02 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 29th Oct 2022 at 7:29 PM. Reason: UPD
That's weird? I wonder if that's a glitch Delphy/Tash should know about?

And Thanks! What do you think of the Black Villa I posted yesterday?

I commented in a thread. I like your houses. I think gurlz rule with design. Maybe I should not build anything fer the Sims 2 any more. Because I feel my houses are... hmm... feels poor in comparison. Thank you very much for build it all.
Regards Vic

Theorist
#2348 Old 31st Oct 2022 at 10:25 AM
I lost in time... Happy Halloween! Already! Like the summer was just yesterday. Yikes.

Mad Poster
#2349 Old 31st Oct 2022 at 3:26 PM
...Maybe I should not build anything fer the Sims 2 any more. Because I feel my houses are... hmm... feels poor in comparison....
Now you're being silly. Your builds are very nice - much more elaborate in decoration than what I do!
We just have different styles, that's all.
I really like the "structure" of buildings - and I enjoy the technical aspects of building for TS2.
I really couldn't care less about decorating the buildings (usually.) And I tend to expect that the people who download my builds are going to re-decorate and fill them up with their own blend of CC anyway.

So NO! You may not quit building for Sims 2.

And Happy Halloween

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#2350 Old 1st Nov 2022 at 9:14 AM
Victor, comparing your skill to someone else's will only make you dislike what you do. You're a very talented builder in both TS2 and TS3, and you have a great eye for detail, especially for interiors

If you remember me, I'm awesome!

Page 94 of 98