Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 10:06 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 17th Sep 2022 at 6:33 PM. Reason: update :)
Default "A nook for cook" - tiny living check list/rating list
In searching for tiny living solutions, I decided to find this challenge. You can also use it as check list to create your kitchen. And hope you will find and share some new solutions for tiny kitchenette. The rules are pretty simple:

Your kitchen should have two tiles occupied. The number of walkable tiles for sims is not limited. There are ten different achievements which are decreasing in its importance from first to last. Your goal is to achieve as more as you can or collect as much points as you can from 100:
Fully equipped (15 points)* kitchen has everything necessary starting from take the plate from the fridge and ending with its disposal: any type of fridge, at least something of cooking appliances, and anything for its disposal.
All meals available (14 points)* you can cook TV dinner, an omelette and any dish in the oven.
Latent fireproof (13 points)* kitchen should has a fire alarm which is not visible!
Properly lit (12 points)* At least one visible source of lighting placed on any of two tiles ocupied by kitchen, wall or ceiling but visible from side or top view
Space for storage (11 points)* at least one floor counter, wall hanging cabinet either wall hanging shelf. Wall mirror cabinets and bookshelfs also count.
Speed-up cooking (9 points)* kitchen contains dishwasher, microwave, blender either trash compactor. Any fastening cooking process or disposal.
Dream house decorator (8 points)* kitchen should has at least one decorative item. Wall hanging, decal, sculpture, clutter, ceiling, wall. No matter what. Any from decor section (Kitchen hood also counts)
Extra amenities (7 points)* kitchen has at least one of extra appliances like: coffee maker, kitchen hood, chocolate maker, Pasteur's HomoGenius Smart Milk bottle warmer or even a bar (if you will find any of suitable size).
CC-atheistic (6 points)* the kitchen use no CC (CC like OMSP columns or shiftable everything also counts)
Self assurance (5 points)** this is veery subjective achivement. And based on how do you judge your self creation. If you feel your kitchen has not met all requirements, has some appliances not accessible or it has some items not working properly, then you could have uncheck this and describe yourself why are you not afford it.

* - For check list you can count each achievement as one point, either 15 to 5 from first to last for rating list which I placed in green text. So total result can be xx/10 either xxx/100.

** - In rating list you can count self assurance from 1 to 5 in a way to give yourself a mark equal to school: D is 1, C is 2, B is 3, A is 4, and 5 is I think something extraordinary like A+. Either you count a number of mistakes you made during creation process.

Let's try it!

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Advertisement
Theorist
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 10:12 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 17th Sep 2022 at 5:39 PM. Reason: Edit :)
Here is my first attempt. Look through screenshots in attachements
Achievements are:
Fully equipped
All meals available
Latent fireproof
Space for storage
Properly lit
Speed-up
Dream house decorator
Extra amenities
CC-atheistic
Self assurance: the fridge should has one tile behind it because it is placed intersecting the wall so it's back is visible from the outside i count this as mistake so give myself 4/5

Total: 5/10 (59/100 by alternative count)
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 12:48 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 17th Sep 2022 at 5:39 PM. Reason: Edit :)
Buddies household from my Plathville neighborhood has a recording studio. And they also has a small kitchen there which occupies two tiles. I decided to make it pass through requirements. The achivements came up mediocre
Achievements are:
Fully equipped: no disposal
All meals available: just TV dinner and pancakes
Latent fireproof: no hidden fire alarm as you can see
Space for storage: one counter - check
Properly lit: no special lighting
Speed-up cooking: Microwave!
Dream house decorator: There are paper sheets on the wall. YES! Even two of them!
Extra amenities: who does really care of amenities in this poor household?
CC-atheistic: no CC as you can see
Self assurance: yes this kitchen is pretty simple to re-create. I had no mistakes and I am glad with it.[/QUOTE]

Totsl: 5/10 (either 39/100)
Screenshots

Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 8:43 PM
There is third kitchen. It is kitchen in niche between two walls. Also this is fully functional. I don't like however its orange colour. I made a lot of screenshots for you to take a look.

Her are its achievements:
Fully equipped (15 points)
All meals available (14 points)
Latent fireproof (13 points)
Properly lit (12 points)
Space for storage (11 points)
Speed-up cooking (9 points)
Dream house decorator (8 points)
Extra amenities (7 points)
CC-atheistic (6 points)
Self assurance (5 points)

Resume: all list lines but one are checked, because I missed any of amenities like cofee maker, chocolate maker and even kitchen hood. Total points: 93/100

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Mar 2023 at 10:15 PM
Oh this looks like lots of fun! I love decorating tiny spaces. SilentLucidity's walk-around and walk-thru omsp's are a game changer!
Do you have any tiny living challenges for other parts of the house?
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Mar 2023 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Stella Terrano
Oh this looks like lots of fun! I love decorating tiny spaces. SilentLucidity's walk-around and walk-thru omsp's are a game changer!
Do you have any tiny living challenges for other parts of the house?

Hello and welcome.
Yes I had one more idea before. One is called "two feets for seats" which was actually the way to organise the space on two tiles to make it fit for dinning, reading and watching tv. I did not share it because this challenge is unsucceed.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Mar 2023 at 4:45 AM
"this challenge is unsucceed" what? I didn't know Sims could access a fridge if a counter was in front of it...just a BOTTLE in front of it will stump them! Cool idea

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..