Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2023 at 1:21 AM
Hello!
Hi my name is Shelby! I got introduced to the Sims by watching my aunt play it all the time. I'm currently 28 and live in a small town I have one cat her name is Socks. I have PTSD and Major Depression so gaming helps keep me distracted. I only have the sims 4 currently and play on pc and xbox one. I'm hoping to find really good mods to experience more stuff. I'm still new and trying to learn different things but really enjoy playing. I'm a very friendly and nice person. I'd love to make friends and talk to you all!
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 17th Jan 2023 at 4:50 AM
Welcome to Mod The Sims, countrygirl824! You can find the forums for the different sim games under the headings at the top of the page. Here you can find general site rules https://modthesims.info/t/517758
Scholar
#3 Old 17th Jan 2023 at 7:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by countrygirl824
Hi my name is Shelby! I got introduced to the Sims by watching my aunt play it all the time. I'm currently 28 and live in a small town I have one cat her name is Socks. I have PTSD and Major Depression so gaming helps keep me distracted. I only have the sims 4 currently and play on pc and xbox one. I'm hoping to find really good mods to experience more stuff. I'm still new and trying to learn different things but really enjoy playing. I'm a very friendly and nice person. I'd love to make friends and talk to you all!

Hello Shelby. Like the name by the way, makes me think of Carroll Shelby and the cars he put together.... you'd probably have to Google that lol. I don't usually do this, in fact I usually don't even visit this site lately, but seeing that part about depression really sticks out to me because I too struggle with it. Gaming was once my distraction, and while it no longer helps me I understand how big it can be to keep your mind in a better place. I used to play Sims 4 on Xbox One as well, not recently though. I don't want to offer a friendship because in my current state of mind I'm not sure I can be a friend to anyone, though if your depression is ever getting the better of you and you need a distraction feel free to message me even if all you want to do is rant. Either way, take care and I hope you find what you're looking for here.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Jan 2023 at 12:34 PM
Hi @countrygirl824 Nice to meet you! I find Sims heps my depression too, I play Sims 2. I hope you will post some pictures of your sims in the Pictures forums, I like to see those!
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 9:15 AM
Nice to meet you Shelby! I'm East, thanks for sharing your experience with us on here. I love cats, that is such a cute name for a kitty. I have 2 cats, one is named Neko which is just cat in japanese, so I have a cat named cat lol my other cat is named Toki. I'm from a small town as well, I started playing the sims when we got a computer at my house when I was 11 and the sims 2 was the first game I played and was instantly hooked due to my creative / escapist traits
I want to say that I really appreciate your honesty, and I want you to know that you are not alone in this space and I am happy to be your friend :D