Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 11:17 PM
Buy objects casually getting missing from buy mode
Hi! I have quite unusual issue with my game... Long story short: after placing objects in world some of them casually get... missing? I mean they are still present in game, in lots and sim's inventory, they can use them, I can even clone them and place more copies of them, but there's no way to find them in buy mode anymore, even if they were there 5 min ago during the same gameplay time. Just as if they were vanishing from buy mode. It happened to me multiple times with store contents and not only. Mostly decor, lights and instruments. I was thinking that maybe somehow the content has been uninstalled, so i tried to install the store content through launcher once again, but in theory it was there. For the packages I was checking the mods folder and they were there. But also stuff like normal base bass was missing, and it wasn't a custom content I downloaded... Did anyone have similar situation and knows what's going on?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Um honestly... times like this, it is usually because my tired eyes could not find them. That's why I sort them using the sort function on the top right into the right category such as CC, simpack CC, or whatever EPs so I can see them better.

Nope, it's not that, and I'm always using filtering. And it wasn't only one thing, it was few, that I'm using the most and I know their location by heart. I just started seeing the same pattern over and over- I place the thing twice in the world, when I want to place a third one it's gone. As if the game has ran out of it, lol. Package is still there, it just disappears from the catalog. So I need to reinstall the thing again and then it shows up, but after placing more copies the circle repeats. I also realised that my decor has shrunk a lot, including base game stuff and it is VISIBLE that plenty of stuff has gone missing. I checked the files with custard and dashboard, no conflicts, idk what can cause it and I don't want to reinstall the game
Instructor
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 12:43 PM
maybe clearing the cache will help? https://youtu.be/F0jNawu0GO4

Chérie66
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 8:36 PM
Hmm well I've never heard of this, but you can try copy them down to a collection?

I can't copy them rn, as they disappeared again... Fun fact- it happened right after I did a dcbackup cleanup (kept ccmerged in of course)... And beside the fact that I have a .package form of that mod as well (i used S3PE to turn sims3pack into package file) i the mods folder it's still not showing. I am confused.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kurotenshi666
I can't copy them rn, as they disappeared again... Fun fact- it happened right after I did a dcbackup cleanup (kept ccmerged in of course)... And beside the fact that I have a .package form of that mod as well (i used S3PE to turn sims3pack into package file) i the mods folder it's still not showing. I am confused.

Do not use S3PE to convert. Use this... https://modthesims.info/d/364038/de...-sept-2009.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Jan 2023 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Do not use S3PE to convert. Use this... https://modthesims.info/d/364038/de...-sept-2009.html

Sorry, I used my "brain shortcut" I mean I used the program above first and then I used S3PE to pack a nicely named package, so I know what's inside.

"as well?" You mean you have both version of the same mod in sims3pack and package?

I converted all my sims3packs as a backup just in case if something borks up and I loose the content. I keep all my converted and not converted 3packs in a backup folder. I wanted to test if when I add the merged guitar's sims 3 pack files (the guitar package) it's going to change anything, but it didn't.

I solved the problem by restoring the dcbackup files. Everything is back to normal after that.
Which is strange, as in theory dcbackup files (with the exception of ccmerged) should be safe to delete. Welp, not in my case, apparently
Forum Resident
#10 Old 25th Jan 2023 at 12:38 PM
Quote:
Sorry, I used my "brain shortcut" I mean I used the program above first and then I used S3PE to pack a nicely named package, so I know what's inside.

Ahh! Yes, I have also done this... and wish I had named packages back when I first started merging them. The confusion caused by unnamed files in a merged package is why I name all the CC that I make (except objects).

I convert all sims3packs to package, and only install some worlds as sims3pack.

Hmmm... wonder why your DCBack Up can't be deleted???
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Jan 2023 at 2:31 PM
I convert all sims3packs to package, and only install some worlds as sims3pack.

I'm doing the same thing, but now it seems like my packages don't really work (I guess? At least the guitar one), so I'm gonna try to convert it again.

Hmmm... wonder why your DCBack Up can't be deleted???

I have no idea... Like the items didn't disappear immediately- they've been there and started to disappear gradually the more of the items I've been placing in the world (I play in Los Aniegos world and wanted to upgrade few locals to be more rock band gig friendly, that's how I observed the anomaly ). But once I restored them everything was back to normal. And the weirdest thing in all that madness is that the items did not disappear from the game itself- they were in there, completely functionable, just not in buy mode anymore
Forum Resident
#12 Old 25th Jan 2023 at 3:19 PM
Quote:
I'm doing the same thing, but now it seems like my packages don't really work (I guess? At least the guitar one), so I'm gonna try to convert it again.

Are these store items? If yes, I really have no knowledge if they reqquire anything special. I have a few that were converted, and came as parts in some worlds that I have downloaded, but that's it.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 2:47 AM
just curious, how many CCs do you have? could it be possible there's limit on how many CCs can be displayed?

also, are you using smoothness patch 2.0?

If she has more than I running in game, it would be borderline insanity! Currently more than 580 separate packages (a large number of my test packs). That includes abbout 50 or so merged packages that may have between 10 to 50 or more CAS and objects. Heck, just added 10 or 15 test packages this week so far!

Anyway, with all the poop I have, I have not noticed anything missing... AHHHH... except poses!!! But that began a couple of years ago. Not sure if pose player has a limit???

I was wondering if it's store items? I know there are things like "decrapify" that are used to fix that stuff, but not familiar with it beyond knowing about it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 12:01 PM
My guess right now is that she is probably running smoothness patch 2.0, which has a lot of glitches in the object menu, CAS, etc... and the dcbackup thing is just a coincidence in timing. That's all I got for now.

Yup, I'm running smooth patch 2.0, but it happened once before to me with one of the previous versions as well (with both half of my store content including carousel, rollercoaster set etc., as well as 3pack CC which I all needed to reinstall ). I have like 5gb of cc itself not counting the store content, but build mode includes very little percentage of it, basically guitars, some furniture and that's it. I control the packages and 3packs with dashboard and custard in search for conflicts before running game with new content, everything is fine in theory... So maybe it's a smooth patch? Sometimes my game is crashing in cas due to that, but this mod is still such a lifesaver!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 4:55 PM
I am still happy using 2.1 so far, it has improved my game a lot in comparison to the 1.0 version, so I'm just gonna keep testing
I was thinking that it may be also connected to the prop recategorizer but I removed it from my mods folder before the items were causing trouble... I'm currently doing a deep web research to find a possible connection between dcbackup and items missing, but with no success so far