Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 7:52 AM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 10th Aug 2017 at 9:50 PM.
Default Serious Pizza Discussion
It's time we discuss the topic of this group. I'm talking about the food itself, as in real pizza - the kind that matters.. Let's talk about pizza: kinds we like, kinds we don't, kinds we've tried, which restaurants have the best, which toppings or crusts are the best?

I could eat pizza all day. I love it cold for breakfast. Not sure what my favorite "kind" is. The deep dish is delicious. There was place that is no longer there that used to make such a deep dish pizza, loaded with sauce, cheese, and many vegetables, that it was almost like a quiche. I actually liked that. But I also enjoy medium and thin crusts, too. When I ate meat, my favorite toppings were sausage and mushrooms. As a vegetarian, I prefer black olives and onions or something unusual like roasted eggplant, onions, mushrooms, and onions.

A place around here is known for their spinach pizza pie which is made with feta, mozzarella, and generous amounts of spinach. People travel from out of state to get it. Strangely enough, the other pizzas on the menu are rather ordinary.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 4:24 PM
I don't really have a specific favorite pizza, because, just like soup, I like almost all normal versions. The only regular thing they put on pizza's, which I really don't like, are olives. Most other thing will do.

And cold pizza's. :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 4:40 PM
I rarely go to this section of MTS and wasn't expecting to see a bunch of new thread in this group anyway I really like pizzas, my favourite is Margareta pizza and I also like chicken and bacon pizza which has a bit of a spice to it well basically they are the only two types of pizzas I'll eat as I currently don't like any others I probably do but yet to discover more pizzas I like

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 7:27 PM
Well, I'm with @coolsim22 in liking margherita pizzas.

In my neighborhood, if you want a pizza that doesn't start with tomato sauce, you almost have to make it yourself.
But I am still trying to get the crust right.

@VerDeTerre described a spinach-feta-mozzarella pizza -- I have made something similar, but with cooked escarole. It will be very nice -- if I ever get the crust right.

Spinach and feta make me think it's aspiring to be a Greek pie. I wonder if there's a Greek cheese that is as mild as mozzarella, and melts the way mozzarella does? Halloumi is stretchy, but I don't know if it will melt well enough to protect the crust from the other toppings.

We have a thing called "cheese curds", a mild fresh cheese with a texture like the rubbery kind of mozzarella. They are squeaky when you eat them. They might make a fair topping for pizza, but they are an indispensible topping for poutine. I just eat them by themselves squeakily.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 9:13 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 5th Feb 2016 at 11:43 AM.
There's another restaurant near here that makes a pizza with a lemony-cheese sauce. It's a white pizza served with one black olive in the middle. That particular place has a fairly nice crust - chewy and tough. My son learned to imitate their crust by heating a cooking stone for a very long time. Since he's had the stones break on him, he's switched to a cast iron pan.

Where do you all fall on the topic of topping pizza with sardines or pineapple? Or, for that matter, mac n'cheese?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 4:39 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 10th Aug 2017 at 9:51 PM.
I myself care neither for sardines or pineapple on pizza, nor mac n' cheese, nor hamburger (even if I weren't a vegetarian). I do like all kinds of vegetables on a pizza, but some don't go. I don't care for chopped carrots or celery on pizza, for example, but zucchini or eggplant or even artichoke hearts are yummy. They have a little bit of a chewy texture, maybe that's the difference.

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 10:53 AM Last edited by Flauschschlange : 15th Feb 2016 at 3:41 PM.
I like pizza, too. And after all this reading about pizza I think I really need to get one later for lunch.
I like pizza with ham and mushrooms (regular ones, no "happy mushrooms"). I also like peperonis on a pizza but trouble is, that they usually go with salami and I get sick from eating warm salami Sweet peepers are something I put on pizza, if I make it myself (from the scratch). Also, I don't mind if there is lots of garlic on a pizza, garlic goes with pretty much everything that is not sweet Since I am not much a fan of cheese (I know, most of you will not understand), I dislike it if there is more cheese that there is actually pizza (once I really was served a pizza that contained more cheese that all the other ingredients put together )

[edit] Today I had my (almost) favourite: ham and peperoni Maybe next time I'll order mushrooms, too :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 6:14 AM
I just discovered a new kind of pizza that I love - spaghetti pizza. I'm a vegetarian so I get the non-meatball one, A double load of carbs.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 11:54 AM
I ate Margaretta pizza yesterday and felt sick after eating it even though it tasted really nice

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation