Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Glowing Eyes for Men and Women, Teen to Elder

by Esmeralda Posted 19th Mar 2010 at 1:12 AM - Updated 19th Feb 2012 at 10:05 AM by EsmeraldaF : Some changes to text

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 65 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 10:32 PM
Can you make them for children, cause I REALLY need them for a Little Sister from Bioshock sim.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#52 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 4:12 PM
Since no one has yet made the Sims 2 alien eyes conversion, I'll use this on my alien chick.

"Burn with me!"
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deastrumquodvicis
Since no one has yet made the Sims 2 alien eyes conversion, I'll use this on my alien chick.

"Burn with me!"

If you mean the solid black default eyes like those on Pollination Tech #9 and the other aliens that came with TS2, I've done them, here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/358932
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#54 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmygirl122
heyyy.... do mind making totally black eyes?

I already have, that was actually the first custom content I ever made! It's uploaded here: http://www.nene.modthesims.info/d/358932
Scholar
THANKS POST
#55 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 1:19 AM
Woo-hoo! Thanks for these eyes, EsmeraldaF - they're perfect for my Grim Reaper re-creation!! Love them!! You're one of my fave creators on here; you always seem to have what I need
Field Researcher
#56 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 8:10 PM
I don't know if you take requests at all... But I just made an Evil Genie with your glowing eyes (awesome, btw!) and he has a black cat familiar... Is there any hope that you might be able to create Pets versions of these??

<evil grin>

Pleeeeease... :P

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#57 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LE102071
I don't know if you take requests at all... But I just made an Evil Genie with your glowing eyes (awesome, btw!) and he has a black cat familiar... Is there any hope that you might be able to create Pets versions of these??

<evil grin>

Pleeeeease... :P

Heh heh, I don't take requests but I do take suggestions on board if they're wacky enough, and I do like the sound of this - but, I'm not sure it's possible to mod a Supernatural's familiar, as opposed to a regular pet cat, and if so, I have no idea how. But, I like the idea of making them for scary regular pet cats so I might look into it!
Field Researcher
#58 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
Heh heh, I don't take requests but I do take suggestions on board if they're wacky enough, and I do like the sound of this - but, I'm not sure it's possible to mod a Supernatural's familiar, as opposed to a regular pet cat, and if so, I have no idea how. But, I like the idea of making them for scary regular pet cats so I might look into it!

Yeah.. the cat is just a black cat made in the Pet Creator... He's just a familiar for the story. Heh

If your thinking of looking into it, all I can do is hope... :D

Thanks for at least considering it!

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 6:12 PM
I know you said they aren't recolored. But is it possible to recolor them?
The reason I ask is because I'm making a Starfire Sim and it would be awesome if she could have green glowing eyes on top of her normal green eyes
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#60 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Listen-to-my-Geekness
I know you said they aren't recolored. But is it possible to recolor them?
The reason I ask is because I'm making a Starfire Sim and it would be awesome if she could have green glowing eyes on top of her normal green eyes

No, it isn't possible, sorry (as I did mention in the Overview page). If it was, I would have already done that, definitely!
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 1:35 AM
No, it isn't possible, sorry (as I did mention in the Overview page). If it was, I would have already done that, definitely!

Aww, oh well ><
Maybe one day! I, too, am making a starfire sim. You wouldn't happen to know of anyplace where I can get starbolts? You seem like the kind of creator who has already made something like that xP
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#62 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SmexySims2
Aww, oh well ><
Maybe one day! I, too, am making a starfire sim. You wouldn't happen to know of anyplace where I can get starbolts? You seem like the kind of creator who has already made something like that xP

I don't know of any - the best place to ask is the Where Can I Find forum: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=559
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 9:05 PM
I don't know of any - the best place to ask is the Where Can I Find forum: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=559

Thank you anyways! You're so awesome!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 5:50 PM
Im gonna use these for my herobrine sim XD
tnx!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 11:50 PM
can you by chance change the colors so you can get yellow or red glowing eyes?? :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#66 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GothicMonkey69
can you by chance change the colors so you can get yellow or red glowing eyes?? :D

It can't be done because the fiercely glowing material definition (shader) used for these isn't recolourable. But having recently learned to make recolourable eyeglass lenses, it's possible to make slightly glowing recolourable eyes with the settings I used for the glasses. They glow slightly during the day but more so at night (sort of a dayglo effect). Will put that on my to-do list!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 2:32 PM
i dont get it which file do i put it in
Site Helper
THANKS POST
#68 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 5:44 PM
Saw these in a picture... I've -got- to try them out. They are COOL!!!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#69 Old 28th May 2014 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by roxasandthepasta
Where did you get the skins?

234jiao's Asian skin: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=349827
Test Subject
#70 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmadrid98
Can you make them for children, cause I REALLY need them for a Little Sister from Bioshock sim.

i made mine a vampire
Test Subject
#71 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 12:47 AM
Eye Colour Esmerelda?
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
If you mean the solid black default eyes like those on Pollination Tech #9 and the other aliens that came with TS2, I've done them, here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/358932

Hi Esmerelda I love this so much can you make a recolourable version I want to make them red but I can't
Scholar
THANKS POST
#72 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 12:01 PM
Just what I needed! Thanks.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#73 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wutismylife2000
Hi Esmerelda I love this so much can you make a recolourable version I want to make them red but I can't

Sorry for the late reply, I retired from Sims creation some time ago and don't always notice comments on old TS3 stuff.

Sorry, they can't be made recolourable, otherwise I would have made them recolourable back when I made them.
Test Subject
#74 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
Sorry for the late reply, I retired from Sims creation some time ago and don't always notice comments on old TS3 stuff.

Wish I wasn't eight years late to the party, 'cause I'd love to know how this was done!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#75 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ceb_LoyalMutt
Wish I wasn't eight years late to the party, 'cause I'd love to know how this was done!

Hi there, in case you're thinking of making something with this effect yourself, the white glowing effect is achieved by using a CAS shader called 'Ghost Eyes' as the shader to use for the mesh. (Ghost Eyes only works with CAS items - for objects there was some other method but I no longer remember what it was!)

My Fallout 4 creations: Nexus
More of my Fallout 4 items and some of my unreleased-on-MTS TS4 stuff are at my site, Colourful Commonwealth
Page 3 of 4