Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#901 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 1:08 AM
Playing a pre-populated hood (Farprork https://modthesims.info/download.ph...846#post5790846) I tried to follow the creator's set up. The Tragg family has a cheating husband, a wife who doesn't want to talk about it, and 3 sons who are a mess. They fight and fail school. When dad has a breakdown (don't know why), oldest son Rucha was really upset. Then he punched his younger brother Rhic (for no reason), then he ran away. Dad & Rhic were really sad. I think I should take over...
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#902 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 10:34 AM
Oh no @grammapat That family are a bit of a mess!
Mad Poster
#903 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Oh no @grammapat That family are a bit of a mess!

Hay, that's the way you MADE them! I had to give some people in this hood tokens so they would not show up on community lots. I kept trying to go to various lots (I tweeked all of them) and there were so many fights going on my playable couldn't do anything. Jed & Gad Lin seemed sorta set up for the Fawn girls, so I will make it happen... AFTER I get them to stop poking each other..
Maybe college will straighten them out.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#904 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 11:48 AM
Me? No way, I would never make a neighbourhood where there is MOAR FIGHTING!
Mad Poster
#905 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 8:40 PM
Now everyone is happy, SOOO happy! Wait till all those babies are born..with my mod that lets a father figure out if it is HIS...some big guys won't ever know..
Screenshots

Theorist
#906 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 11:09 PM
Me? No way, I would never make a neighbourhood where there is MOAR FIGHTING!

I can't believe it.
Restoring peace in Farprok could be a goal. I'm wondering how to achieve that.
Mad Poster
#907 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I can't believe it.

=====
...or get creative; murder, death, divorce. I always want to give my silly Sims what they want.

Theorist
#908 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 12:33 PM
I'm looking forward to get to know all the families first so that I'll get the whole picture and see what can be done.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#909 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 12:56 PM
Kill them all with fire and then make your own sims.
Mad Poster
#910 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 11:11 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 22nd Nov 2021 at 11:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I'm actually attracted to this 'hood. After nine years we've nearly got peace in Veronaville. My Sims and I have certainly transformed from the crime-ridden nest that it used to be. While I love my Veronaville Sims far too much to ever abandon them, this sounds like it might be the right kind of new challenge for me: to bring peace to this troubled little archipelago. Of course I won't do it by killing the original Sims, and moving my own Sims in to replace them. I'll try to do it, if I possibly can, in my own way -- with lots of love and cuddles. Of course I won't be able to do it on my own. I'll need the help of some CAS Sims, but there do seem to be some unoccupied houses on the islands, so the CAS Sims should be able to find somewhere to live. And even if there aren't [enough] empty houses, I'm sure I can find space at the roadside to build some. Anyway, if I've got anything to do with it, nobody will get killed. Unless of course the Farprorkians all gang up on me together and kill me. . . . Which, I suppose, would be one way of bringing unity to the islands!

@grammapat Did you give the Tragg teens a makeover.? Yours look different to the ones in a picture in the download post which I resume is a photo of the Tragg family. If I start playing this 'hood I'll have to give those boys a bit of a makeover, as they look very like a couple of Downtownie teens who have become major characters in our Veronaville. One of these, Ravi Bertino, a wrong-side-of-the-blanket son of the late Jon Smith Tricou, has become one of the kindest, most considerate Sims in the whole neighbourhood. A very different character (I think) to either of the Tragg teens!!

[EDIT] A bit of a change of topic (or possibly back onto topic!) but, seeing this is the Sims' expressions thread, I'm wondering what you all make of Andrew's expression in this picture of him arriving at a friend's house in Monopolis. . .

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#911 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 6:59 PM Last edited by Essa : 23rd Nov 2021 at 10:28 PM.
Kill them all with fire and then make your own sims.

I'm not that cruel. I'm more about unexpected deaths, fire included.

Ron Plork after his son Monn's admission to private school was denied by the nasty headmaster.

@AndrewGloria I don't feel like adding new sims to Farprok yet unless I decide to add an university.
I wanted a change but I like sims of my own hood Bonneville so much that I don't plan to abandon them . I usually stick to one hood until I get tired of it. Beeing playing Bonneville on and off since 2017 and on gen 4 IIRC.
Mad Poster
#912 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 11:44 PM
AndrewGloria: In that shot I had given some people new clothes & hair. I've added a college, and both Tragg boys are there. They both had the same wild jaw, so I DID change the younger one (with Gussy up, and made it genetic). The 2 sisters in the Fawn family are about to pair up with the 2 brothers in the Lin family; they will live in one of the family houses. I just love that the original playables have permanent height adjustments. Wish I had the patients to make the next generation "corrected".

Mad Poster
#913 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa on 23rd November
@ AndrewGloria I don't feel like adding new sims to Farprok yet unless I decide to add an university.
I wanted a change but I like sims of my own hood Bonneville so much that I don't plan to abandon them . I usually stick to one hood until I get tired of it. Beeing playing Bonneville on and off since 2017 and on gen 4 IIRC.
Sorry to be so slow in replying. I suppose I like adding my own CAS families to pre-made hoods because it has worked so well for me in Veronaville. There I played my own families for several months before I gradually began to let the pre-mades work their way into my story. I think I'll do something similar in New Farprork, but I'll probably only play my own Sims for a few weeks (not months) before starting to involve @simsample 's pre-mades. I've downloaded the 'hood, but, to be honest, it will probably be the New Year before I get it installed and start playing.

Back on-topic, here are a couple of interesting expressions on the faces of Andrew and Julian in and around Veronaville:

I've no idea what Gloria said to cause Andrew to look like this during the family's Thanksgiving Meal. Andrew and his mum have a very intense relationship. -- Theirs is by far the strongest mother-son relationship I've ever seen anywhere.

Anyway Andrew looked happy enough when he replied seconds later.

And I have not the faintest idea what Julian was so happy about when visiting Gill Cuthbert in the Changing Hut in Monopolis. Andrew, who had made the hamburgers, is sitting with his back to us, thinking about Emma Smythe, but looking at Julian. Gill Cuthbert, whom they'd gone to visit, is not in the picture (she was sitting at the computer), but that's her mum Lianna sitting on the floor clutching her diary to her breast. Meanwhile Val Briggs, Head of Planning in Monopolis, is telling new resident Winifred McArdell how good the local schools are. I'm glad that, throughout all the lockdowns I've been able to join my Sims in social gatherings like this. This one was in a wooden hut on a 1x1 lot! My Sims have never been afraid of socializing!
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#914 Old 30th Dec 2021 at 10:33 AM

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Mad Poster
#915 Old 30th Dec 2021 at 2:27 PM
Experimenting with a new skin (genetic fur) has led to a wolf explosion; here's one in college, where he found true love...
And the dad of 12...they all look identical; dad always looks mad. It will be hard to get an expressive face from ANY of them.
Screenshots

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#916 Old 16th Feb 2022 at 12:46 AM
Danio was bored in the queue for the till...

Lab Assistant
#917 Old 17th Mar 2022 at 5:01 PM

Dustin Broke's face while dancing
Mad Poster
#918 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 11:22 PM
Randoms...and one Mister Will Wright gone wrong
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#919 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 9:53 AM

Screenshots
Instructor
#920 Old 9th Dec 2022 at 2:46 AM
The only time my shower broke down on me, I felt exactly the same...

A holiday does this to me too, Yannick!

When your bestie gets married and says his home written vows and you're just sooo touched

"What are YOU looking at then?! Never seen a zombie bride before?"

"Yeah, really! What ARE you staring at?! Just give a sim a bit of privacy, will you?!"

Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#921 Old 10th Dec 2022 at 3:20 PM

One of the below pictures is the face of someone who sees someone they like; another is the face of someone who sees a death. Guess which?

Forum Resident
#922 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 2:33 PM
Between birthday girl's troll face, teen guy's dumb placid smile and how it looks as though he's holding the spinning-thing like a gun, this is either the best or the worst birthday picture I've taken.

Behind you.

I am Error.
Lab Assistant
#923 Old 19th Feb 2023 at 8:36 AM
This is how it looks like when a sim is slow dancing with the llama mascot

Screenshots

(Sorry for my bad grammar; English isn't my first language.)
Forum Resident
#924 Old 14th Mar 2023 at 3:07 PM

I am Error.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#925 Old 20th Mar 2023 at 7:18 PM
Page 37 of 38