Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#28076 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 11:47 AM
By "unusable" and "not working" I mean that it only produced bad results from wishing. So I had to replace it.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#28077 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 11:08 PM
Today I discovered that there's a scholarship for literally breathing: the Mendel Award for Oxygen Donation and Repletion. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info about it, the wiki says it's from having a parent who's Education Minister, but one other person I saw said that wasn't the case for them, but their sim was a cured Plantsim. Which is true of my Sim as well, Daisy Greenman. And it kinda makes sense for a cured plantsim to get an award for breathing oxygen. However, if it was for plantsims, you'd never see it in vanilla gameplay because teens can't be plantsims - the only age stages are toddler, adult and elder, and toddlers can't be cured without mods. And while neither of Daisy's parents are Education Minister, her uncle, Gabe O'Mackey is. But I don't remember Jules getting the scholarship, although I suppose it's possible I clicked through hers without noticing. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else had received this scholarship and knew what triggered it?
#28078 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 12:18 AM
That's so cool - I've never seen it! But I have an inkling that "Mendel" refers to Gregor Mendel, infamous for his pea plant experiments and discovery of the law of inheritance. Probably Plant Sim related then, but I have not experienced this in my game. Also since plants are producers of oxygen I'm not sure what that award would have to do with the education career.
Mad Poster
#28079 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 1:17 AM Last edited by sushigal007 : 9th Sep 2021 at 1:37 AM.
Apparently it's a nepotism thing - the Education Minister, aka the Sim's close relative, is giving them a sly scholarship for just existing. But plantsim cure makes sense too - like you said, they produce oxygen. But unless it's a sneaky bonus of the toddler cure mod (and as far as I can see, all that does is let toddler plantsims drink the cure), I can't see any vanilla way to trigger the scholarship. I think I'm going to have to make a backup and age up one of Rose and Jason's non-plantsim children and see if they get the award too!

ETA: I had a sudden thought - instead of the plantsim cure being responsible, I thought "what if it was a scholarship mod instead?" And sure enough, I have a mod that gives scholarships for talent badges. And as plantsims automatically get gold nature badges, Daisy qualified. Mystery solved, and I have no idea where the Education connection came from!
Mad Poster
#28080 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 1:34 AM
No place on "pictures" thread to post this: my playable was talking to a townie for the first time, and she showed this:

what does it mean?
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#28081 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
No place on "pictures" thread to post this: my playable was talking to a townie for the first time, and she showed this:

what does it mean?

I'd like to know that as well! I have instances of pixels who were friends, and then not at all with each other. What gives?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#28082 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 2:26 AM

what does it mean?

They automatically lose best friend status if they get below 50/50, but it doesn't trigger unless the sims interact. So if you wait for their relationship to dip below that and then have them interact, they lose best friend status no matter what the interaction was.
Mad Poster
#28083 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 3:32 AM
...my playable was talking to a townie for the first time...

Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
They automatically lose best friend status if they get below 50/50, but it doesn't trigger unless the sims interact. So if you wait for their relationship to dip below that and then have them interact, they lose best friend status no matter what the interaction was.

How could they be besties when this is the first time they talked? Sooooo confuzzled

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#28084 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 3:44 AM
Well, the obvious inference is, that it wasn't the first time they'd talked; that they had already met and made friends in the background on community lots, without you noticing.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#28085 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 4:12 AM
That's a drama teacher, most likely Prof. Robin King, they display that "lost friendship" sign every time they interact with someone.
Alchemist
#28086 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 4:42 AM
If it is the drama professor, they are coded to fall in love with everyone they meet. So they would get the lost friendship sign/memory everytime they interact with a sim until they are, in fact best friends. You can stop it with BoilingOil's No Lecherous Drama Profs.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#28087 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 8:19 PM
AH HA! And I have "no meet professors", which would explain the fact that the controllable had no memory of this professor. But what do the numbers in her bubble mean? ALSO: some of the uni mods I have don't seem to be working. Like the "no meet professors", but Sims will still get "Met prof X". Also have "no finals at night" but still have Students having finals (tests?) at 3 am.

Alchemist
#28088 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 8:50 PM
Well, the numbers are the regular plus influence (first picture) and want fulfillment (second picture) numbers--though no idea why they're positive, I would think she would be losing points for losing a best friend. My guess is that she fulfilled a want to interact with your sim in some way; Talk To, or Entertain, etc. Fulfilling that gave her aspiration points and influence points.

And if your mods aren't working: 1. Double check that you actually installed it, and that it's in your folder and you didn't accidentally remove it, etc. (Never underestimate this step. Even after years of simming I'm always having to exit and restart the game because that piece of cc I downloaded is still on my desktop, and not actually in my Downloads folder. ) 2. Check for conflicts 3. Check your load order/subfolder position. (Sometimes your mods need to be in a certain load order to work right with other things, sometimes your mods are too deeply subfoldered and aren't getting read, etc.)

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Forum Resident
#28089 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I'm always having to exit and restart the game because that piece of cc I downloaded is still on my desktop, and not actually in my Downloads folder.

Reminds me of what I've done a few times. I installed a mod, and it didn't work, so I quit the game checked my Downloads folder and I saw it there. Out of curiosity, I checked the folder to see it empty! Explains why the mod didn't work, it wasn't really there!

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#28090 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 9:24 PM
Thanks Phantomknight: the ARE there, I even redownloaded them. If they stopped working after I downloaded some other CC, I don't know how to find or fix.

Mad Poster
#28091 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 1:52 AM
Some downloads don't work because of any other complex mod is overwriting them. Check HCDU if there are conflicts and you need to change loading order.
Top Secret Researcher
#28092 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 3:42 AM
How do you use the expello mortis spell? (Banish the grim reaper.) It's greyed out even though they have a lot of magic ingredients and have level 10 magic skill. Do they have to be max on the good alignment? Weird that the spell even shows in that case.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#28093 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 4:49 PM
I know "attractions" were messed up by Maxis. I've used Tunafish V1.06. What mod do you like to fix the issues? I've looked ad Cyjon, simler90, and MidgeTheTree (I think her's require "trait" tokens). I looked at one that had lots of different versions but all of them included making YA and Adults attracted to each other (yech).

Forum Resident
#28094 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 5:29 PM
I know "attractions" were messed up by Maxis. I've used Tunafish V1.06. What mod do you like to fix the issues? I've looked ad Cyjon, simler90, and MidgeTheTree (I think her's require "trait" tokens). I looked at one that had lots of different versions but all of them included making YA and Adults attracted to each other (yech).

Young Adults and Adults being attracted to each other is normal game behaviour, unless you mean YA being an active TO. As for TOs mod, I use simler90's, the third update to be specific.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#28095 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
How do you use the expello mortis spell? (Banish the grim reaper.) It's greyed out even though they have a lot of magic ingredients and have level 10 magic skill. Do they have to be max on the good alignment? Weird that the spell even shows in that case.

It's used for when a Sim has died and Grimmy comes to take their soul. You can cast the spell at that point, otherwise it's just grayed out and useless.

Unless you're actually trying to cast it while Grimmy is on your lot and it isn't available?
Forum Resident
#28096 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 9:06 PM
YAs and adults have always been romancable to each other. After all the YAs are technically adults with the teen voices and that's the only difference between them. That and they can go to college. Now if someone made a mod for adults to live in the YA university hoods that would be great.
Alchemist
#28097 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 11:11 PM
@pianogrinder some modders did do that. The only thing that hasn't be done yet, I believe, is making the family bin one, shared, bin. So sims that go to uni can stay in uni, but in order to switch between university subhoods and the other subhoods, you probably need to move in/out via cheats like the blender, etc.

Anyway, see Lamare's Young Adults Can Enjoy Maternity (And All That) mod collection. That's probably the best one to use (and the most recent), but, if you already have it, InTeen's Residential Graduates will let sims live on campus, too.

Field Researcher
#28098 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 11:59 PM
Is it safe to delete a genie wish controller in SimPE from a sim's memory panel? I didn't realize the doom that the beauty wish would bring and apparently I've broken the duration of the wish too by moving the sim out. I downloaded Cyjon's debugger as suggested in his description of his Beauty Wish Sanity mod but it is not giving me the option to delete orphaned beauty wishes as promised.
Mad Poster
#28099 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@pianogrinder some modders did do that. The only thing that hasn't be done yet, I believe, is making the family bin one, shared, bin. So sims that go to uni can stay in uni, but in order to switch between university subhoods and the other subhoods, you probably need to move in/out via cheats like the blender, etc.

Anyway, see Lamare's Young Adults Can Enjoy Maternity (And All That) mod collection. That's probably the best one to use (and the most recent), but, if you already have it, InTeen's Residential Graduates will let sims live on campus, too.

You don't need any cheats to move sims back from college with that mod, you just use the regular move back to neighborhood interaction and anyone who isn't still a student can come with you.
Mad Poster
#28100 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
It does not cause corruption but I roll an aspiration for them and set it using SimPE, otherwise they are not datable, I mean they reject all romantic interaction. The aspiration is vital to sims so they shouldn't be left without any or with the wrong one.

This is not so. I had an Apocalypse spouse who had the grow-up aspiration his entire life: he'd been the best friend of the heir in her childhood, and it just worked. They had two bolts and everything. (Now, I do have ACR and the assign sexual preference turned on, because I'm lazy and in an Apocalypse it makes it super easy.)

Where I ran into trouble is he always grew up badly, even being permaplat at the adult-elder transition from LTA points, and then no one had any idea if there was a tombstone linked to permaplat grow-up aspiration and so at that point I didn't dare let him die of old age, permaplat, without knowing. So . . . magic change to family aspiration on the last day of life by cheats, but I figured y'know, don't break the neighborhood, right? Like, if I'd been sure he'd get a gray tombstone, fine, but no one knew what would happen . . . and we still don't.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Page 1124 of 1339