Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 7:33 AM Last edited by MrLaTay : 5th Jan 2022 at 7:35 AM. Reason: Already has the solution.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default *SOLVED* Store Content don't show up in CAW 1.69 but do in EIG.
I do have problems with CAW for the game latest 1.69 version. As I am about to continue my long overdue CAW project and some of the store world contents I used don't show up in the map or in metadata list as they were in older 1.67 version, i.e. the street lamp from Monte Vista and Rabbit Holes from Roaring Height.

But most of the store contents do showed up in EIG, except the street lamps which I put so many in the map itself.

I have read that it need to be revert the game and also the CAW back to be 1.67 version by reinstall everything over again. Which means, I can only run the game through Steam, as I do own both Steam and Origin version. Do I really have to do that? or is there other way to have CAW to recognize store contents?

====================

[Resolved]
Despite trying to reinstall the game 1.67 version through Steam doesn't work either, I reinstall everything through Origin back to 1.69 version. As store contents still not showed up in metadata list in CAW.

As methods using S3PE is too complicated for me and many threads seem not explain all the way through, or too difficult for me too understand. So I took the long process but simple enough approach to get those store contents I need for CAW to work.

1. I backed up the Sims 3 documents folder (C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3) to some place else and deleted the one in Documents.

2. I reinstalled the store contents through game launcher again into the clean folder, only a few ones I need. In this case are Monte Vista, Roaring Heights and Skylight Studio.

3. After installed store contents, in the game launcher, I checked all the stuff I don't need from the pack and uninstall them, i.e. CAS files and decoration items, including lots and town worlds themselves. Keeping only Rabbit Holes and items that I will use for CAW.

4. Then, I copied the "DCBackup" folder in the Sims 3 documents and pasted it in CAW packages folder.

Now the streetlights and Rabbit Holes are showed up in CAW world editor and listed in metadata again.

PS, I don't copy DCBackup directly to CAW as I use many CC items in the normal gameplay. Add too many files into CAW would cause the program to crash.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Feb 2022 at 2:52 AM
Mine is not showing Store content, neither the CC in the mods folder. Do I do the same method (the Sims 3 version I use is the Origin one, my new PC doesn't have a disc entry :/)?