Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2022 at 5:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How to export WA world to replace the original one?
Hi,

I have imported a WA destination world into CAW and edited it, mostly routing. Now I want to export that and install to my game as a replacement to the original WA world. What confuses me is that the original worlds are in .world format in the game installation folder itself (without the layers and lots folders that I have in CAW). If I were to export the world in CAW, I would get a Sims3Pack. If I were to copy the .world file from the CAW user folder directly, I would leave behind the Lots and Layers folders.
So how do I get the .world file with the Layers and Lots folders into one .world file that could replace the orginal WA world, assuming that the folders are needed for the world to work?

Would appreciate a lot if someone knew how to manage that situation.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Feb 2022 at 7:32 PM
Extract the world file from the Sims3Pack and use that; a packed world contains all resources in one package file (not seperated into folders as CAW uses).
Be sure to keep a backup of the original world that you replace.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Feb 2022 at 7:56 PM
Default How to export WA world to replace the original one?
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Extract the world file from the Sims3Pack and use that; a packed world contains all resources in one package file (not seperated into folders as CAW uses).
Be sure to keep a backup of the original world that you replace.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Okay, let's see if I got this right. I install the Sims3Pack as usual through the Launcher, back up the world file from the InstalledWorlds folder, uninstall the world through Launcher and place it in the GameData > Shared > NonPackaged > Worlds?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Feb 2022 at 8:10 PM
On this case as you don't want to install the Sims3Pack- that would put an entry into your ebc/dbc files that you don't want- so use a program such as Delphy's Sims3Pack multi extracter to get the world file without installing.
https://modthesims.info/d/364038
Then put it into [install location]\The Sims 3 World Adventures\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds.