Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2022 at 2:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Does changing hair colour affect children born?
Okay, so this is a very specific question so I haven't been able to find the answers to it.

If I change my sim's hair colour using normal in-game methods (the mirror, stylist mirror) would that hair colour be considered her normal hair colour, and thus be passed down to any children she has after the hair colour change?

Alternatively, if that does not work, would using a cheating method (using master controller to 'edit in cas') work instead?

I ask this because I am doing a sort of berry 100 baby challenge. The idea is that my long lived fairy sim will 'transform' every ten babies to a different colour, but that would be moot point if it does not affect the children she has.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 23rd May 2022 at 6:53 PM
The short answer: Yes

The long answer: Changing a Sim's hair color in any way whether through a cheat or in-game method will always result in changing the Sim's DNA hair color and can be passed down to their children. Thus, the dyeing of hair is non-existent in TS3 since there is no real feature for it, despite AMB's wish. The game was not coded to remember the difference. So for those, I know this is not what you are asking for but just generally stating, who want to dye their Sim's hair without losing their DNA hair color would have to write it down or type it and save it for future use.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th May 2022 at 8:08 PM
This is what I wanted to hear thank you.

Well, off to create many colourful children then.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th May 2022 at 1:05 PM
I'm not anti booby. I love them, especially the blue footed booby.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th May 2022 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I love them, especially the blue footed booby.

Ooh, nice. What other colors do they come in?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th May 2022 at 4:12 PM
They do them in red footed too! And I think the brown ones have yellow feet. I approve of them!