Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 8:47 PM Last edited by ericapoe : 17th Jul 2022 at 9:17 PM.
Default 1.69 Reducing Store Content Ads
Hello all!

I had the urge to play TS3 for the first time in years and did the install though origin per usual. Turns out it comes in 1.69 automatically without any updates. This is my first time playing on a fast computer with a SSD and load time was way quicker but when I started playing I noticed SO MANY store content adds and I thought I remembered a way to turn it off in the past but I couldn't find the option now. Over the years I have bought all the packs through Origin and I got rid of my physical copies a long time ago (I only had a few anyway).

Does anyone know how I could possibly get 1.67?

Considering TPB/bootleg. EA already has all my money so there is absolutely no guilt for me. I'm only worried I will get a bad copy, malware, or won't be able to figure out how to manually install.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 11:21 PM
Store content ads will appear in the Launcher, but most of us don't interact with the Launcher at all while we play our games.

Do you mean that you are seeing offers for store content in-game, in Build/Buy Mode? That's an option that can be switched off from the built-in Game Options and we recommend that players do so anyway to reduce stress on the game (besides the whole concept being annoying). Third tab from the left, General Options, switch off Shop Mode. It's not a 1.69-specific "feature."

Or is this not really what you meant?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2022 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Store content ads will appear in the Launcher, but most of us don't interact with the Launcher at all while we play our games.

Do you mean that you are seeing offers for store content in-game, in Build/Buy Mode? That's an option that can be switched off from the built-in Game Options and we recommend that players do so anyway to reduce stress on the game (besides the whole concept being annoying). Third tab from the left, General Options, switch off Shop Mode. It's not a 1.69-specific "feature."

Or is this not really what you meant?

YES THIS IS WHAT I NEEDED! I knew the option was in there when I had 1.67 years ago. Thank you. I was afraid they removed it for some reason.