Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 3:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
A Question About .SIM File Organization
I'm currently undertaking the difficult task of organizing my saved Sims (I have too many Sims yo) and I have a question:

Can you rename .sim files in the Saved Sims folder?

Thank you very much!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 4:19 AM
Yes, you can still rename them, although I'm not sure if you could rename them while the game is on. But what you can do is copy the .sim file to another folder and rename it there. Note: only the filename will change, once put in another game the sim will still be nameless..

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
Yes, you can still rename them, although I'm not sure if you could rename them while the game is on. But what you can do is copy the .sim file to another folder and rename it there. Note: only the filename will change, once put in another game the sim will still be nameless..
Thanks! I only need to rename the files to help keep track of the damnable things. So no problem.