Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 5:55 PM
Default How to install Sims 1 + getting it 1080p
I would like to get Sims 1 but Idk how I can get it to run or where to get it savely... I know the normal version with CDs doesnt work and cant be played 1080p... Can anyone tell me or link me to a guide to tell me how to do it correctly? and where to get the complete collection? As far as I know you need a cracked Version and another program to do so... if done it... does it work properly? I mean that the game starts without problem in 1080p? Or can there be problems? I would like to play Sims 1 but if you let it load in lower resolution then your desktop it can stick that resolution and you have to change settings in Windows 10 and because of anxiety I can't handle that So I would like to know too if its mostly working fine or if it can faile and you have to try again maybe multiple times (Like the 4GB with Sims 2 that often fails) Also if I'm not allowed to ask then I'm sorry... but Idk if this is allowed cause you cant really get Sims 1 anymore or to run with CDs really...
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 2:18 AM
There's a sticky on the Sims 1 subreddit that tells you where to get the game and how to install it. It also has links to such things as widescreen patches. You can find that sticky at https://www.reddit.com/r/sims1/comments/u5rtoa/yes_you_can_get_the_sims_1_working_on_windows_10_or_11_with_or_without_a_CD_drive .

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 9:24 AM
I love that guide @Corylea and I'm always linking people to it! Thanks for writing that one.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I love that guide @Corylea and I'm always linking people to it! Thanks for writing that one.

Aw, thanks, @simsample; I appreciate your saying that!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 4:23 PM
Lol I'm pretty sure I wrote here in the afternoon.. I guess I didnt clicked on Post XD I wanted to say thank you very much! It worked perfectly! Now I can finaly have fun with sims 1 again after 15 years :D
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KiraNettt
Lol I'm pretty sure I wrote here in the afternoon.. I guess I didnt clicked on Post XD I wanted to say thank you very much! It worked perfectly! Now I can finaly have fun with sims 1 again after 15 years :D

I'm glad you've got it working and can have some Sims 1 fun!

I went back to The Sims 1 shortly after the pandemic started, because I wanted the soothing simplicity of the older game, and I was surprised at how much fun it still was. I hope you'll have a great time revisiting the game.

Fifteen years ago, you probably knew about the no-interests bug in Maxis sims, but after that long, you may have forgotten. You can find a simple fix for it here.

There's still a ton of CC out there for The Sims 1. There are some things from Simlogical and Some Sim Things that I find very useful, plus lots of heads and clothes still around. And I've made a few things, myself, and upload something new twice a month or so.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 5:39 PM
Oh thanks well I didnt knew about that at all! Good to know! Cause 15 years ago I was still a toddler and didn't knew about bugs, CC and Mods at all XD I just knew that the Game crashed for some reason most of the Time and I hated that (Likely because my Mother didn't knew that you have to install in Order)