Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 10:03 AM
Default How to get a Promotion?
My sims go for like 3 weeks now to work and their meter is still at average... I heard I need the requirements (Which you don't have at level 1) and a good mood... does it need to be the highest mood? My Sims have one bar green... I couldnt get more... also cause as soon as they leave the house the surroundings bar (Idk the english name) goes to 0 and I cant effort anything for outside CAUSE I DONT GET A PROMOTION! Gosh I remembered the game was hard but thats ridiculous... Does anyone know any tricks or something? I dont want to get hacked objects to make it easier though
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KiraNettt
My sims go for like 3 weeks now to work and their meter is still at average... I heard I need the requirements (Which you don't have at level 1) and a good mood... does it need to be the highest mood? My Sims have one bar green... I couldnt get more... also cause as soon as they leave the house the surroundings bar (Idk the english name) goes to 0 and I cant effort anything for outside CAUSE I DONT GET A PROMOTION! Gosh I remembered the game was hard but thats ridiculous... Does anyone know any tricks or something? I dont want to get hacked objects to make it easier though

My sims get promoted after one or two days, but they have at least 3 green bars and often 4. Yours can, too!

1. You need to get all of their needs as high as possible before they go to work. This means that you put them to bed EARLY, then get them up 2 - 3 hours before the carpool comes. When they get up, have one of them cook a group meal, then eat, then pee, then take a shower. Once they're finished showering, have them all watch TV together. Once they stand up from watching the TV, have the ones with the most interests in common talk with one another until their social bars are full. If they don't have many interests in common but do both have Nice greater than 5, have them Compliment (once). If they both have Playful greater than 6, have them Tickle (once) and Entertain-Joke. Those things bring up Social even when there aren't any common interests. You should be able to get all those needs mostly full!

Remember that the carpool will wait for you for 59 minutes, so if your carpool comes at 8, you don't actually need to get them TO the carpool until 8:59. So you can use that extra hour to fill needs if you need to.

2. So, the outside room score. Has the Mystery Man delivered the box? Is it still sitting around outside? The Starter Magic Kit that's in that box intentionally ruins your room score so that you'll OPEN it. Even if you don't intend to play with magic, you should open it, because you can sell the stuff that's inside for several hundred simoleans. And once you've removed everything from the box, it floats away and stops ruining your outside room score.

If you buy plants while your sims are in the house, it costs money. But if you edit the house BEFORE your sims move in, you can put down as many plants as you like, and the house doesn't cost any more. That won't help with this family, but it will for the next family. :-)

The items that are right near the carpool affect your sims the most. So if you can only afford $10 for a single bed of daffodils, put it in a place where your sim will be near it when they get into the carpool car.

If your sims go to work at night, it's not just plants that affect your outside room score, it's also LIGHT. It's harder to get promoted from a night job, because the outside is dark, and sims hate the dark. You can buy a couple of lights, and that helps some, though your room score will never be as good as it is during the day. The outdoor lights for The Sims 1 are weird, and most of them look kind of goofy. So I made a lamp that's intended for the outdoors. It's low and flat, and your sims can walk on it, so it doesn't look as goofy as other Sims 1 outdoor lamps. You can even plant flowers on it. Put a couple next to the area that the sims walk on to get to the carpool.

If stray pets pee on your lot or dig holes in it, that ruins your room score, too. Often a pet will pee at the very edge of your lot, so it can be hard to notice that it's even there, but it still ruins your room score. Have your sims mop up any puddles outside and fill in any holes that have been dug. The Stray-Away Pet Prevention System -- found under Decorative - Other -- is a sign you can put on your lot that will keep strays from leaving puddles and holes on your lot. I think it's $15, so it doesn't cost a whole lot. It's by Maxis, so it's not a mod. :-)

I played a game a few months ago with EIGHT sims in one household and NO mods and got them all promoted. If you want to see how I did it, my description of it is here.

Good luck!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 4:00 PM
Don't forget about Miss Lucille with the big straw hat and long yellow dress in Old Town. I forgot the lots' names, but she is at the two lots with a New Orleans theme. I think one is called The Gothic Quarter? Anyway, have your sim get up 2-3 hours before the car pool arrives and go to one of those lots. Keep asking Miss Lucille to read your palm until she gives you one of the two that raises all your sim's needs to maximum. Then go home and take care of pee puddles, clean up trash spilled from the racoon, etc. to have a good outdoor score like Corylea said.
Edited to add: Also spray away any roaches and clean up animal poop in the grass. It would behoove your sim to hire a maid if she/he can afford it. She will get rid of the roaches and the poop that is hard to find and time-consuming to clean up.