Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2022 at 11:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Are CC with corrupt TXTC fixable?
I'm working on a better sorting system for all my CC/mods package files and using Sims3 Dashboard by Delphy to check for bad packages.

F-P_2008_Porche911_CarreraSts301 & the F-P_2009_Bugatti_Veyron were download from the Fresh Prince Collection website on 8/21/2022.
Dashboard has flagged both with "Corrupt (TXTC)"
I can obviously open these packages in S3PE and see the TXTC but I'm not sure what it is and what it does.
So... Bonkers question or not I would like to know:
What is the TXTC?
What's it do?
Is it fixable?
If so, how to fix?

Explanations or point in the right direction please.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Aug 2022 at 7:31 PM
Please delete those packages. Missing TXTC can lead to 'Blue Lots '.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2022 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by contendgodwit
Please delete those packages. Missing TXTC can lead to 'Blue Lots '.

I appreciate the info. However the TXTC doesn't appear to be missing. Here is a shot of the Bugatti package in S3PE & a shot of it in Dashboard.
The only thing that seems to be missing is under description in Dash if you can see it.
I apologize if not since I have to use my phone for this.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Aug 2022 at 3:25 AM
Thanks for the response. I've seen that 'blue lots' page while searching for information before posting. It's good advice if you only play the game. I didn't find it helpful for for what I'm trying to do. I'm interested in learning to fix and create cc for personal use.
The corrupt packages are in a special folder that's for sorting and flagging for errors only.
So..
The TXTCs are visible in S3PE and after getting sleep I looked at the packages again in S3PE and seen that the TXTCs appear to be for the object's diffuse & specular. Clearly not the same as dif & specs for sim skins that are IMG. I selected a TXTC on the left then looked at the info on the right. The very 1st line at the top show 'Errore reading resource' followed by numbers & letters.
I can export the selected TXTC to file or package. If I were to export it, is there a program/tool for editing TXTCs is what I probably should've asked. Or is it possible to make new ones.
Sorry I was sleepy when I posted.
I wouldn't mind seeing a tutorial on TXTCs but haven't found one yet.