Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2022 at 4:09 PM
Default About butlers, I can't stand any more
Is there anyone else in my situation? My butler goes from one chair to another chair every day (Just sitting! Just the "sit down" interaction), even if there is no chair, he still sit on the toilet or the edge of the bathtub. He doesn't do anything. But if I delete all the places to sit or move them to a locked room, the butler will do something.

I think it shows there is a real problem with the butler's action priorities. With all the housework going on in the house, he took precedence in sitting down... Although he has neat trait, but he sat in the dirty room complete insusceptibly. And the most incredible thing was that the butler even asked my active sim to take out the garbage! Why shouldn't the active sims be able to "ask for a clean up" interaction with the butlers?

I was wondering if there is any way to modify the butler's action priority?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 10th Sep 2022 at 4:17 PM
I never use the Butler. He has always had issues. I use this instead https://modthesims.info/d/525367/ho...h-dec-2014.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Sep 2022 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
I never use the Butler. He has always had issues. I use this instead https://modthesims.info/d/525367/ho...h-dec-2014.html

Thanks for your answer! I have seen that mod before. But I think a butler like that would be too robotic... I like a more realistic butler. Actually, the current butler will do the housework, we just need to modify their action priorities.
Inventor
#4 Old 10th Sep 2022 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HKnowles
Thanks for your answer! I have seen that mod before. But I think a butler like that would be too robotic... I like a more realistic butler. Actually, the current butler will do the housework, we just need to modify their action priorities.

I'm not sure what you mean by robotic? It works like the regular butler but without the problem you mentioned. I grabbed the optional chair for it to sit in and I place it in the basement or in an upstairs room. The minute it detects something needs to be cleaned or done it goes and does it. I also give it the dislikes children trait so it doesn't always want to grab the babies and toddlers (which it will do and just sit with them LOL)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Sep 2022 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
I'm not sure what you mean by robotic? It works like the regular butler but without the problem you mentioned. I grabbed the optional chair for it to sit in and I place it in the basement or in an upstairs room. The minute it detects something needs to be cleaned or done it goes and does it. I also give it the dislikes children trait so it doesn't always want to grab the babies and toddlers (which it will do and just sit with them LOL)

I mean, they don't need to sleep or bathe. Because the maker of that mod set it to be: Annoying interactions and motives are disabled (like Social, Sleep, Hygiene, etc)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Sep 2022 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
The butler in TS3 is broken. There are numerous issues and some can be fixed through various butler mods. Check out the download section.

Thank you! I had checked out the download section before posting, but I couldn't find the right mod.
Inventor
#8 Old 11th Sep 2022 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HKnowles
I mean, they don't need to sleep or bathe. Because the maker of that mod set it to be: Annoying interactions and motives are disabled (like Social, Sleep, Hygiene, etc)

Ahh gotcha!! If you don't find a mod that works I think you could try to create a Sim with the loner, neat, hates the outdoors traits and put them into your house and see if that works for you. I do this when I have a sim with more than one kid as a live in Nanny/Maid.