Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 20th Dec 2022 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bnefriends
I just saw this, since your post was around the time Hurricane Ian hit and I wasn't on here due to utility outages. This may answer your question a little: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_Baptist. IFBs are a diverse group, but are generally very old school. Most of us are either King James Only or at least Textus Receptus only. Many of us are big on singing old hymns during worship service instead of more modern music, though to me that is more of a preference than some sort of hard doctrine (to some it is hard doctrine). IFBs usually eschew things like alcohol, tobacco, drugs, and gambling. IFBs may dress conservatively (with women wearing dresses and men wearing suits to church, sometimes extending this beyond just in church), though I've definitely seen IFBs girls wear short-shorts to church, so that's far from a hard and fast rule. There should be an emphasis on "independent" here, the beliefs vary from church to church and in some cases from person to person. This is where I go to church, for reference: https://www.fbcnorthport.org/

I hope that answers your question.

Sorry to hear that. By the time Hurricane Ian got here, he had pretty much lost steam. Yes it did help, now I understand,
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 21st Dec 2022 at 5:51 AM
So where would a merfolk family of 1,000 children sit? They certainly put the Fun in the Fundamental.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#28 Old 21st Dec 2022 at 11:54 PM
I don't add Christian values in my game, this is a game for me to relax and have fun, I escape the real world and make my own world in the Sims.
The real world in my opinion when it comes to religion and It's practice and beliefs, I find it to be hypocritical.
This is a GAME to think and play as you will without all the hang-ups, it's a game just a game.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 22nd Dec 2022 at 7:43 PM
It's more of a blanket term the Family Aspiration. It can be viewed in any form of light the player deems it with a focus to family. For example, maybe they want to go the surrogate route with having kids for their friend who desperately wants one but is single so their relationship is of convenience. For me, I think of Family Aspiration with wanting the surname to survive generations and having their lineage continue and not die out. But of course, it could be taken as a benefit to the religious view of always having kids.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
I don't add Christian values in my game, this is a game for me to relax and have fun, I escape the real world and make my own world in the Sims.
The real world in my opinion when it comes to religion and It's practice and beliefs, I find it to be hypocritical.
This is a GAME to think and play as you will without all the hang-ups, it's a game just a game.

I totally agree. In real life I consider myself as a Christian, but I too, think most religions are hypocritical. It is not up to the individual to judge, it is up to God. We, on the other hand are to love one another. When playing the game my sims do what they want. If they are single and roll a want to have a baby, they get pregnant and have a baby. If they want to get drunk (yep have cc for that) they get drunk. No need to put my beliefs on my sims.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#31 Old 25th Dec 2022 at 12:36 AM
@Debby1957 Thank you, I totally 100 percent agree with your comment I feel as you do.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Page 2 of 2