Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2021 at 12:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default custom world deco disappears in EIG??
okay so basically i plopped down some custom world deco items (some boats, retaining walls) and they were perfectly fine saving and coming back to later- until i opened EIG the next day to work on a lot. every custom/cc deco i had placed was straight up GONE. i checked regular caw when i exited EIG and they were still gone, even having been removed from the resource list.

BEFORE

AFTER

(you can also see that the embankment corner from ITF isn't showing- it's there, just disappears when zoomed out)

I don't remember this happening before, but this is really throwing a wrench in the whole project :/
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th Apr 2021 at 12:51 AM
I've had this happen before and what fixed it for me was to exit to the main menu then enter the game again. (I hope you saved your game after placing all those retaining walls?)
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 12th Apr 2021 at 7:09 AM
Just double checking, you had that CC in your regular game mods folder, too, didn't you?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Apr 2021 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Just double checking, you had that CC in your regular game mods folder, too, didn't you?

could have sworn i did, but apparently not! hopefully once i put them in it works, but on that note: would the custom deco still need to be in the mods folder when the world is finished and exported, or is all the deco included in the .world/package file on export?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 12th Apr 2021 at 7:40 PM
No, it won't be included. Any player will need the objects in their mods folder, too. They are not packed with the world.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Alright I tried to be helpful and nice, but people just have to be dicks. Learn the rules.

This forum is NOT for:
  • "Where can I find this custom content?" type questions. Please use the Content Lists or the Where Can I Find Forum.
  • General issues with your computer, not necessarily related to The Sims 3. Please see our Computer & Software Technical Support Forum.
  • Questions or problems related to creating and modding the game. Please see our Create section for tutorials and forums where you can ask questions.
  • Support for specific custom items. We do not provide support for Awesomemod, Twallan's NRaas mods, or any other specific mods or CC. Please ask for help where you got the item(s) from.
  • Gameplay type questions. If nothing is actually wrong in your game, and you're just wanting to know how to do something in the game, please use Sims 3 Discussion.

Before Posting in the Sims 3 Help...

literally what are you talking about? how is anyone being a dick?
this is the sims 3 help>caw subforum? I asked for help with caw and got it? the problem is solved?
Instructor
#9 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 7:26 AM
This isn't the CAW forum, it is the general help forum. The CAW forum is in the Sims 3 Create Forums, 2 up from this one. So while you got your answer, Nitromon is correct that this was the wrong forum for the question.