Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 2:09 AM Last edited by SpookyZalost : 9th Aug 2022 at 9:17 PM.
Default Sims 1 in linux with Lutris.
Just in case anyone isn't aware. There was a time that the sims 1 actually had a linux sudo-port using cedga. of course that was 20 years ago, 2002, and it no longer works as it was tied to a specific version of a distro released way back then. Since then the sims 1, or any sims game really has never really worked on linux... that is until recently thanks to DGVoodoo.

recently Lutris now has a working sims 1 wine instance you can use, just run the installer, point it at the install.exe on your complete collection game disc (use the DGvoodoo installer of course), and let it go through the install process.

it works and you can edit it to run the wine instance in a window or full screen. so far I've been able to use all items, have yet to test CC out but I haven't run into any graphical or audio bugs either so that's promising! Even the music works!

tested with Ubuntu 22.04 64bit.

Edit: correction, found one bug... don't quit the game through the menu's, just save then when that's done, click the X on the window... process hangs when trying to quit otherwise.

Edit: found another one... might be just due to how it loads certain stuff about objects but some objects can't be bought at the rental booth for the vacation expansion. and the makin magic everafter crafter isn't allowing items to be put into it.

going to see if I can get a debug going and check how the items are linked in the game... might be able to be patched?

Edit: figured out both problems, the first is a known issue with the rental hut guy... apparently you need to wait for him to leave then go there?

the other was because beeswax and butter look similar? anyway it's working now lol. that's on me, haven't touched the game in at least a decade
Screenshots