Replies: 21 (Who?), Viewed: 1148 times.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 5:49 AM
Default Least Favorite Pre-Made Maxis Sim And Why?
here is the sister thread to post your (favorite) pre made sim or at least one of the sister thread as far as I know
https://modthesims.info/showthread....avorite+premade

Pleasantview: Herb and Coral Oldie (reason) they are too old and have a short lifespan but I do like the legacy of them being Mary-sue Pleasant's mother and Angela and Lillith Pleasant's grandparents, but I don't like how short they live if I were to choose any of Plesaantview's least favorite sims I would choose them because of how long they both have destined to live naturally I do like them don't get me wrong but they are my least favorite from Pleasantview.

Strangetown: This is a hard one because everyone I know will be against me on this one but I choose Olive Spector, why? because one good reason is she is almost dead in the old age part of things. but I know every time I play Olive Spector she lasts maybe a week in sim days before she dies of old age I can appreciate her murder mystery novelty but I just never really followed her murder and mayhem, I mean besides cheating with the cowplant? there really is NO Way to carry out murder and mayhem with Olive Spector making her story kinda dull since you need mods even perform the acts of Olive Spector I'm curious who you all will choose for Strangetown because everyone as far as I know? everybody loves Olive Spector for her legacy.

Veronaville: Tybalt Capp, Some of you might say Bottom Summerdream but I say give that poor kid a chance, I mean it's bad enough to have such a name to begin with. Tybalt is a mean bully in every playthough of him he is always fighting Romeo Monty making him cry he is such a SOB in my opinion, but I'll play with him, I'll take care of him like my other sims but I to be honest I never really got to play that much with him so maybe my opinion will change another sim day

Deserona Valley: Natasha Una, why, she's is weird in my opinion she has a grilled cheese Asperation and lives alone and is perfectly happy living with no husband all by herself as long as she is eating lots of grilled cheese she rather eat grilled cheese then do anything else. nuff said

RiverBlossom Hills: Rose Greenman why? I just haven't played this sims enough to get to like her maybe I need to explore the game more and get into supernatural beings like vampires and warewolfs and plantsims and servos?

Belladonna Cove: Carlo's Contender why? I don't like how he is an elder from the getgo even though I once have him live from 56 days old to 128 days old one time

My personal radio station link in first post (commercial free and all music) listen with Firefox enjoy, this is a gift
me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheAngelClassicRocKMix
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 7:34 AM
I usually prefer family and knowledge sims and dislke romance sims, so I'm not a big fan of Don Lothario.

For Strangetown, I never liked General Buzz and Tank was a bit too much like him, although he mellowed with age. Nervous Subject was just too weird for me.

For Veronaville, which I'm playing now, I put Tybalt in the showbiz career so he can be more of a diva and less of a bully. I changed Bottom's name to Bonnie and she's an adorable teen right now.

I never played Desiderata Valley or Belladonna Cove and like everyone in Riverblossom. There are definitely sims I find less interesting than others, but wouldn't say I dislike them.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 8:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspersim
Deserona Valley: Natasha Una, why, she's is weird in my opinion she has a grilled cheese Asperation and lives alone and is perfectly happy living with no husband all by herself as long as she is eating lots of grilled cheese she rather eat grilled cheese then do anything else. nuff said

Hey, the question of chocolate/grilled cheese vs husband is one for the ages and I personally admire Natasha Una for having made a decisive choice there.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 10:50 AM
I like this question, Aspersim! I'm a grumpy old lady by now and I need my chance to rant - what else do old people do ?

Pleasantview:
Don Lothario (romance sims tend to bore me and he's got so little going for him, really), the Caliente sisters (they come across as really blah personalitywise to me), the Oldies (because elders are hard to have fun with and they don't have enough personality to outweigh that disadvantage) and the Pleasant twins (they're fighting and that's all they have. Neither of them are interesting in themselves) are at the absolute bottom. I neither enjoy playing them, nor read about them, nor see others play them. Though sometimes, people have great ideas for the Pleasant twins in their stories and I get a bit interested despite myself.

Strangetown:

I'm not really fond of any of them (maybe with the exception of PolTech9 and Nervous), but I really hate General Buzz.

Veronaville:

They're mostly okay by me, but I have a personal feud with Isabella Monty, who kept fighting with sims in my first ever legacy family - she really only got along with one of them and he was a romance sim spouse that she autonomously tried to kiss in his wife's presence, ruining their relationship for a long time. I may forgive her one day, but I keep my eyes on her!

Desiderata Valley:

Sophia and Marcel Joque. I just think they're boring to play. Otherwise, I enjoyed getting to know the Desiderata Valley sims.

Riverblossom Hills:

Catherine Viejo. I like Betty, she seems to get up to fun things whenever I play her, but Catherine Viejo is like a boiled potato and I don't like her hat. If the hat had been black, like those hats men wear in Breton folk costumes, I think I would have liked Catherine more, because I'm that shallow.

Belladonna Cove:

Carlos Contender. I just don't get him! I had more fun playing him than thought I would the only time I tried, but that was thanks to the sims around him. I couldn't picture a person in real life who would be what he seems to be and still want what he seemed to want, if that makes sense.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 9:07 PM
I've been starting a game in Pleasantview at the start of when the town first settled back in the turn of the 17th century when it was known by it's original name of Pleasant Valley with the Pleasantview ancestors like the Jankowskys who are some of the Goth family ancestors and the ancestors of the Pleasant family like Andy and Carol Pleasant who are the first of the Pleasants in the town and they arrived in the ealry 17th century.I've started my Pleasanvtiew game using a terrain map so I had to recreate my Pleasantview families and am starting out with their ancestors from the colonial origins of the town.
Strangetown in my game is known as Dodge and ancestors of the Strangetown families from it's origins of the 1840's are the families living there.It's located in the Kansas territory of the 1840's old west era.
Theorist
#6 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 3:42 PM
Hmmm
Pleasantview: Difficult, since I've played many of them so often, and so varied and even some I don't like feature in some of my favourite "tradition storylines" (storylines I like to repeat each time I play Pleasantview)
But I guess when looked at as characters alone I'd have to say Don and the Caliente sisters (especially Dina) All popular fanon aside, the game just presents them as shallow, scheming and tha clubber/"playa" archetype that was so popular in the early 2000s

Strangetown: Same thing as with PV, but easier: General Grunt for being abusive to his children and Tank for being a bully.

Veronaville: All of them, except maybe Mercutio, for being a badly done Romeo and Juliet pastiche that, in my opinion had heaps of squandered potential. Though I do like using some of the extracted face sculpts for original characters.

Bluewater Village: not sure about "disliking" any of them. I like how diverse they are (for Sims 2 premades anyway) and I think they have very good face sculpts but... I find nearly all of them boring. I don't like playing businesses all that much (except home businesses, sometimes) and once you remove the businesses, many of the the characters don't have all that much meat left to them.

Bin Sims who aren't attached to any Neighbourhood (the ones that show up in every neighbourhood in the family bin in an unmodded game: Again all of them, except the Ottomases(though I usually just remake the family with less extreme facial features rather than using the "original" ) maybe the Newsons sometimes, Cyd Roseland, sometimes, and Tara Kat, for being boring and showing up I every neighbourhood (though I have modded that out) Especially the Gavigans, the Travellers (or as I like to call them "the other Gavigans") the Ramaswamis and the Picassos, all. for being extra boring, even by the standard of bin sims.

I never got into the other neighbourhoods.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 4:59 PM
Not a fan of anyone outside of Pleasantview or Strangetown (and there's a long list of people I'm not too big a fan of in there as well). Also not a fan of the bin sims, most NPCs, most townies, etc.

I think it would be much easier to list my favorites than least favorites, because that list is much shorter, and for the most part I can remember the names...
Theorist
#8 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 8:38 PM
With the exception of Kathryn Langerak I don't even consider the Townies and Npcs premades. I modded them out long ago. There's now a cleaned Pleasantview that removes all Townies and npcs except Kathryn (due to her involvement with the Pleasants) and, I think, Gordon King, because he's friends with Dustin Broke (of course I've since created my own Gordon King, who's Dustin's cousin by Brandi's sister,
and also a teenager and replaced the Burglar NPC in Dustin's relationships and memories with him in)

Mad Poster
#9 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 9:57 PM
I used to try to play Plwasantview though it kept going down due to the corruption and I'm playing it again from an empty terrain map template with my own renditions of the ancestors of the Pleasantview families like the Jankowskys who are Goth ancestors and also Andy Pleasant with her husband Carol who are ancestors of the modern Pleasant family and with the town in the form it was in back in it's early days as a 17th century colonial settlement.All of the residents of my Pleasantview game are to be recreations of the ancestors of the modern day Plesanview families and thee's over 400 years of the town's history I have to get though to reach the modern version of the town.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 11:00 PM
Here are mine:

Pleasantview: I've come to the recent realisation that outside of the Brokes, Dreamers, the Pleasant Twins, and the Caliente Twins, I'm not a massive fan of Pleasantview. I still play it added to other neighbourhoods for those sims, but outside of that I find little enjoyment in playing the sims. Don being fun relies on constantly flirting with sims and cheating on people which is a gameplay style that gets tiring fast, Mortimer literally has nothing going on outside of his missing wife and pairing him with Dina is boring to me now so I don't do it, Cassandra is the sim equivalent of lettuce who has nothing going on outside of her fiancé cheating on her, Alexander is just a child and I've only been able to make him interesting once by pairing him with Stella Terrano, Daniel and Mary-Sue have nothing after the initial scripted event and if I don't go through with it they're just a typical married couple with nothing going on, the Burbs pretty much feel like sims fresh out of CAS to me with little to no plot relevance other than being related to the Pleasants, and the Oldies... aren't bad actually, they're relaxing to play so I like them.

Strangetown: There aren't a lot of sims in Strangetown I don't like. With it being my favourite neighbourhood, I get invested in most of the sims and their stories. Yes, I have my favourite favourites and I have my least favourites, but there isn't anyone I loath like in Pleasantview. On that note, Ajay Loner is pretty bland if you don't know what to do with him, General Buzz is abusive towards his kids, and Tank can be a chore to play if I don't know what to do with him (that and he bullies two of my favourite favourite sims, so...).

Veronaville: I'm not overly fond of Goneril's family (large and uninteresting), Regen's family, or Bianca Monty. They've never been fun to play, so when I look at my rotation sheet and see that they're next, I feel my energy slip away.

Desiderata Valley: I've only played two full rounds in there, so I now have an idea which sims I like and dislike. Since this thread is about least favourites, I'll only cover those. Marcel and Sophia Jocque haven't been fun to play at all, so I'm not looking forward to Violet growing up as she's been the reason I look forward to this household. The Bells also bore me out of my skull, I just don't know what to do with them.

I've not played the other EP hoods and have no interest in exploring Bluewater Village.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 12:13 AM
I've also had a game set up for the Riverblossom Hills terrain and would recreate the ancestors of the families for that town as my residents in that game which was to be my apocalypse challenge game starting out with the establishment of the town originally known as Riverdale at it's founding as a colonial settlement in 1520.The modern Riverblossom Hills as it would be today would've been a town started about 500 years ago.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 9:24 AM
I usually dislike Sims who recur in multiple neighborhoods. For example, I accidentally added Bluewater Village to two neighborhoods, and I instantly regretting doing so. Now I've got duplicates of Sims who never age. Family bin Sims are part of this problem too. But it's not all bad, I guess. I find that I have too many girls and not enough boys to pair them with, so I start looking through the bin, the townies, the dormies... to find a match.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 9:03 PM
I found it easier to play custom terrain version of a few towns shipped with the game and try to recreat their origings instead of playing the ready-made versions which were too full of sims and too easy to get lost with the rotations unlike my cistom versions where residents are added one household at a time and bin families can also be added.I'll add the Picaso family since they were ancestors of the Caliente family on one side.Singles get introdiced for young sims growing up who might need a marriage partner when there's nobody available.I find that adding households and playing the town as it slowly starts growing is best as I get used to the town and can start playing each new household as they arrive and settle in.
Theorist
#14 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadOlson
I used to try to play Plwasantview though it kept going down due to the corruption and I'm playing it again from an empty terrain map template with my own renditions of the ancestors of the Pleasantview families like the Jankowskys who are Goth ancestors and also Andy Pleasant with her husband Carol who are ancestors of the modern Pleasant family and with the town in the form it was in back in it's early days as a 17th century colonial settlement.All of the residents of my Pleasantview game are to be recreations of the ancestors of the modern day Plesanview families and thee's over 400 years of the town's history I have to get though to reach the modern version of the town.

I know I mention it often, but the last neighbourhood I played was a Beginning of Pleasantview one with the Sims by Marka94. I didn't go as far back as you. My Sim's roughly started in 1918 with the Goth Ancestors. I also incorporated some of the families from Sim's 1, 3 and 4.
From there I had several Sims I've grown quite fond of and which are now "canon" for me. Andy Oldie (Mar-Sue's uncle) who was a Wrestler turned Filmstar and who was the first and only Sim for whom I fulfilled the "marry off 6 children" LTW. One of his sons, Kasey who was resurrected after dying and who continued to wear his funeral suit for the rest of his life (he never rolled a want to change attire or to buy clothes) The whole Hatfield family from Sims 1(the children were also cousins to the broke boys, they had a whole lot of cousins in my hood) who were a dynasty of disfuntional rednecks (including Billy who only had a single nice point) and whom I got to call "Sweet Hatfields", Katrina Caliente (the Caliente Cousin) who ended up being a mad scientist. "Alien Stepdad" (a PT who crash landed on earth) who ended up marrying Chester Gieke's widow and became best friends with her daughter and who has a 1980s sitcom coming any day now. Agnes Crumplebottom who was a Romance Sim in my hood while still looking like her normal self, slept with half the town and usually just barged into the houses of her various lovers and started making out with them, no matter if their wives were present or not...
I really should look at that hood someday again, if I can get Sim's 2 to run on my new gaming rig, just to see what I've might forgotten.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 8:00 AM
I chose to go right back to when the Pleasantview area was actually first settled for mine and it was originally settled under the name of Pleasant Valley at the turn of the 17th century and I have over 400 years of the town's histlry to play until it was renamed Pleasantview in 1918 after the first workd war ended.The Picaso coulple from the family bin is an ancestral branch of the Caliente family and the Janowskys are one brach of the Goth family's ancestors.Andy and Carol Pleasant are the main Pleasant family ancestors.The Broke family's ancestors are also to be introduced over the earlyier years of the town.I started setting it up using a custom version of the Pleasantview terrain from the installed terrains.
Theorist
#16 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 2:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadOlson
I chose to go right back to when the Pleasantview area was actually first settled for mine and it was originally settled under the name of Pleasant Valley at the turn of the 17th century and I have over 400 years of the town's histlry to play until it was renamed Pleasantview in 1918 after the first workd war ended.The Picaso coulple from the family bin is an ancestral branch of the Caliente family and the Janowskys are one brach of the Goth family's ancestors.Andy and Carol Pleasant are the main Pleasant family ancestors.The Broke family's ancestors are also to be introduced over the earlyier years of the town.I started setting it up using a custom version of the Pleasantview terrain from the installed terrains.

And have you actually come around to play the hood or are you just setting up all those community lots with the floating roofs and assorted objects on them? The ones you post in the "What's happening" thread?
I'm not trying to make fun or anything, but I've vlbeen quite puzzled by that for a while. Why so many when they loom so similar? What's their purpose? What is all this setting up?

And yeah I chose 1918 as the start year (but I didn't have a hard rule on when decades advance) Agnes Crumplebottom (gen 2) was a 1920s flapper, Downtown had a 1930s vi e for quite a while and Mortimer, Bella and Michael Bachelor (so Gen 3) spent their teenage years I the 1950s. After that I gave up on the decades and just declared it to be "modern day".
If I were to restart the hood, I'd probably combine it with a Sims 2 version of the decades challenge (which would mean I'd have to create earlier ancestors so that Cassandra's generation can live in "modern day")

Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 5:57 PM
Strangetown - Circe Beaker. I just see her as pure evil but I love the storyline potential so I enjoy playing her. Vidcund Curious is kinda bland to me but I've managed to spice up his story. I hate General Buzz Grunt, he's so abusive in my eyes but again, I enjoy the storyline potential. Will he get a character arc and fix his ways before it's too late? Or will he push all his children away (since I see Tank as eventually realizing his dad is an ass and Tank is gay imo and Buzz is homophobic imo) and die alone and miserable? I always have Tank and Ripp fix their relationship, it takes time but they do it. Ajay Loner and Kristen Loste are kinda boring to begin with but I paired Ajay with Lola and Kristen with Cyd Roseland. I can make them less boring.

Pleasantview - The Caliente sisters seem ... shallow. But they can be fun to play with! I used to hate Angela Pleasant with a passion, i'm starting to come around to her now though and see maybe she just dealt with her awful parents in a different way. I will forever love Lilith though with all my heart. The Burbs seem kinda boring. Have to figure out what to do with them.

Bluewater Village - Just begun playing with them so idk but i'm not sure what i'm doing with the Larson siblings. I'll figure it out.

Riverblossom Hills - The Roth family. Not sure what i'm going to do with them.

Julian Cooke and the Picaso couple seem a bit boring to but I just have to fix that now don't I? lol

My Simblr
They/He
Mad Poster
#18 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 7:19 PM
I've been setting up the two lots needed to get the town started and installing the Mods needed to get started like default replacenets and also needed CC.I'll have to Mod out career outfits and make them wear everyday or they ned up wearing the wron clothing.One of the resident couples will be arriving on the sailing ship shortly though the ship was delayed by having to dtour around a bad storm at sea.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 10:18 PM Last edited by MHS0501 : 17th Aug 2022 at 1:16 PM.
Pleasantview: Definitely the Oldies. I've found that unless I have them adopt a second child I just can't get them to be interesting. They're really an example of "tell don't show" since their lives have been explained and talked about (they're the adoptive parents of Mary Sue, they're friendly, they're relationship is in danger due to Herb and Coral's conflicting aspirations) in a way that sounds interesting, and I think they'd actually be a fascinating couple to actually play. If we got to see their lives unfold, or they were introduced with some event that would be the crux of something big or new in their lives, it would be more compelling... the problem is, when we see them, all of the exciting things in their lives have pretty much happened, and it's up to us as players to do with them what we will. Usually I'm glad to let them live their lives out, but they need something to do, which I can't say for any of the other families in Pleasantview.

Strangetown: Erin Beaker. Like the Oldies, I find she suffers from a complete lack of a jumping off point for her story. Her connection to the Beaker family feels a little jarring since she's just another single lady in a household full of them, and it doesn't help her last name is different and unrelated to her familial connection. The only thing she has going on for her, when you start the game, is that she doesn't get along with her roommates, and that really makes me wonder why on earth she'd become roommates with people she can't stand. She doesn't seem evil or conniving like Loki Beaker, either. At least with the other Singles, you can kind of see what their personalities are like or what they're interested in (Chloe is promiscuous and grouchy, Lola is straight laced and ambitious, Kristen is athletic and trying to discover herself), but with Erin, she just seems like an afterthought.

Veronaville: Miranda Capp. This being said, I don't even really dislike her, I think she's moreso just a victim of circumstance. I've never been able to find her anything that makes her happy or even interesting to play. With Veronaville being such a small, condensed neighborhood, as a Romance sim, she's very short on options to fulfill her aspiration, unless you pair her with a townie, and whenever I play her, Mercutio and her just don't seem very attracted to, or well suited to one another outside of their punky, rebellious nature. I think maybe my opinion will change when I start Veronaville over again, but as it stands, she's the sim I enjoy playing with the least.

Riverblossom Hills: Daisy Greenman. Again, I don't dislike her, she's more a victim of circumstance. The way plantsims work in the Maxis game doesn't really work for me, really, despite the fact that they're fascinating concepts. They don't sleep or eat, so that reduces much of the challenge in playing them to keeping them in a sunny room, with a pool, and having something to interact with. With other needs-switched supernaturals like Servos, they at least have an energy need and some legitimate threats to their existence. With plantsims, you just never get a break from them, and indulging in sim needs like eating or sleeping either does nothing, or only disadvantages them, like making them fat. In addition, their agespan is very condensed. They're only a toddler for a few days, and then immediately skip all of the developmental stages to immediately become adults. This means you have almost no sense of their personality or, ironically, who they grow to become. This, in my opinion, makes them more difficult to play. Now, why do I like Rose, but not Daisy? Rose is presented as a spectacle in Riverblossom Hills, unaccustomed to sim ways and sim culture, who may feel uncomfortable or overwhelmed by her otherness in a new situation. She's also young and married, so she has plenty of time in her life to figure out what she truly wants, have some more kids, and integrate into the town, if she decides to do so. Daisy is just a toddler who's super skilled, needs basically nothing, and will almost immediately be on her own with very little to define her personality outside of being a plantsim toddler.

Bin Families:
The Ramaswamis: This is a family with a simple problem. The concept is really pleasant on the surface: a couple moving to a new town. What will happen? Who will they meet? Will they like the neighborhood? They're also a fun way to integrate a different culture into the neighborhood. The problem? Sanjay and Priya are basically clones of one another. They have mild personalities, with little variation between them, and the same aspirations. This, in my opinion, makes them extremely boring to play. My solution every time is to just give one of them a different aspiration. Once, I gave Sanjay Family, and in another playthrough, I gave Priya Romance. Changing up the aspiration makes them way more interesting, and gives them something to actually strive towards instead of always wanting to throw parties and meet people.
Instructor
#20 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 11:42 PM
Strangetown: Loki and Circe Beaker. They're horrible people and not in a way that makes them interesting characters. I'm sure other people see something in them as characters whether it's hidden depths or just having them be gloriously evil, but they don't do anything for me. Furthermore, they're horrible in a way and on a level that doesn't really work with the gameplay, not without an amount of make-believe that I just can't muster up. I have no idea how to play them, especially once Nervous is out of there. (In my game they also had a daughter who was taken away by social services but seeing them cry over their lost child just made me feel the dissonance between the sims themselves, who technically haven't done anything bad at all, and the characters they're portrayed as, so I couldn't even get any catharsis out of them getting their just desserts.) I had a storyline with them moving between subhoods, donning silly disguises to escape the law and so on, which was kind of fun to se up, but as soon as they and their disguises were in place I was back to having no clue how to make them interesting to play.
Not a fan of Kristen Loste either. She gets on my nerves and doesn't really have anything going on.
General Buzz isn't a favourite but he gets the benefit of being in the Grunt family, which I otherwise really like, and having a big role in that storyline. Plus his character is more open to interpretation than the Beakers and generally (no pun intended) easier to work out within the gameplay. Most of all, me and my older sibling used to find his name and looks and everything about him hilarious back in the day, so I'm still amused by him on some level.
(If townies count I'd say Crystal Vu. She's a huge jerk to absolutely everyone and has no redeeming qualities. She's sort of Strangetown's Kennedy Cox, except there's something fundamentally comical about Kennedy. Crystal isn't even fun to hate.)

Veronaville: Cornwall Capp. He's just there, and overall an unpleasant person. A jerk to Kent. And in my game he and Regan act like two teenagers who just got together and can't keep their hands off each other no matter where and in what company, which is highly annoying.

Pleasantview: Daniel Pleasant. Him and Mary-Sue both for their treatment of Lilith, but Daniel has the edge on her by having an affair in their own home in addition to all that.

I am Error.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 21st Aug 2022 at 3:49 PM
Pleasantview: I think Mary-Sue Pleasant is my least favorite because she has very few interesting wants, most of them for Daniel, and since he is happy to cheat on her all day long and usually leaves her eventually, that makes her kind of a doormat in my eyes. A couple of times I've played her, she's gotten the want to drink Daniel or see his ghost, which led to more interesting storylines with her. I also find Nina Caliente fairly boring and I don't think she's really supposed to be Romance. She gets along with almost nobody, which makes it hard to fulfill her wants for multiple lovers, so usually I just let her be unhappy.

Strangetown: Kristen Loste wins the least favorite award, hands down. I find her dull as dishwater. She usually doesn't survive long in my game. I find things to love about all the "most hated" Sims mentioned here. Gen. Buzz can redeem himself. Tank can discover his more sensitive side. Vidcund can come out of his shell. Circe can scheme and/or woohoo her way to the top. Loki makes a very fun werewolf. Olive does whatever she wants but has a surprisingly soft spot for Nervous and his kids. Erin and Ajay are a bit dull, but I usually put Erin in with the Beakers as a live-in nanny after Nervous leaves, and Ajay is marriage material.

Veronaville: I haven't really played with them much, and I've been enjoying discovering their personalities. The ones that seem the least interesting are the two couples: Regan/Cornwall and Albany/Goneril. So I focus mainly on the kids.

Bin Sims: I'm not playing them anymore, but if there are any Sims I truly hate, it's the Ramaswamis. They are so boring to play and have no personality whatsoever. They're those bland people you meet at a party and get stuck talking to about something completely inane but cannot get away from.
Field Researcher
#22 Old Yesterday at 7:48 PM
I've been really thinking about this since the last time I saw this thread.

Instead of naming names I can think of two general types of Sims and how I kinda counter them:

Generic Bin Sims added by EPs—already mentioned by several others; I can understand why EA would include generic families with a generic background ("this family just moved to the neighborhood!"/"this couple is traveling the world!"/"this Sim just graduated high school and starting life on their own!"/yadda yadda) because it gives people something common to talk about, but when they appear in every neighborhood every time unless using a custom/cleaned out stealth/template neighborhood it gets old. Believe it or not, Double Deluxe without any additional expansions fits my play style quite well, and adding an empty downtown to populate with buildings, parks, and houses, sorta like when you're going through a newer place and see 'coming soon, Pleasantview Center' or whatever.

Child Townies calling for now-teen/adult/elder Sims—To be totally honest my favorite life stages for Sims are teen and adult life stages, and I'm finding more and more reasons to play elders. Even though aging works differently for Sims than people it still seems weird to me that when Joey Sim grows up to a teen and later adult that a townie child calls for them every so often. Sometimes I use a teleporter so someone can "adopt" them and they eventually grow up, even more sparingly I sometimes use "agesimscheat" to instantly grow them up to a later life stage.