Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 11:13 AM
Default Mod to bind sinks to toilets (for handwashing in the same room in 10+ bathroom mansions)
I regularly play in mansions where every bed has it's attached little bathroom... Like 8 double beds and around 10 bathrooms.
Often Sims go into another bathrooms after toilet just for washing hands.

So is there a mod chaning that behaviour? Like having my sims go to a sink inside the same room...
or generally, a mod that changes behaviour to fit life in larger mansions. Also for cooking, that sims doesn't decide to go into the fourth bathroom on the ground floor just for cutting vegetables... When they could choose one of the like 15 free countertops in the main kitchen. Or change kitchens or walk into the second bar mid-cooking...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 8:45 AM
Scumbumbo's "Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop" lets you set certain counters for food prep - I'm not sure how much it will help with multiple kitchens, but it should stop them wandering into the bar / bathroom.
You can find it here:
https://scumbumbomods.com/#/dont-wa...you-angry-poop/

I couldn't find a mod for sink tethering, but if you're willing to queue actions you could try No Autonomous Hand Washing and click the sink you want them to use after the toilet. It's the closest thing to a fix I've found, sorry.
You can find that here:
https://modthesims.info/d/539117/no...nd-washing.html

I hope that helps a bit.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BamboozledAntelope
Scumbumbo's "Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop" lets you set certain counters for food prep - I'm not sure how much it will help with multiple kitchens, but it should stop them wandering into the bar / bathroom.
You can find it here:
https://scumbumbomods.com/#/dont-wa...you-angry-poop/

I couldn't find a mod for sink tethering, but if you're willing to queue actions you could try No Autonomous Hand Washing and click the sink you want them to use after the toilet. It's the closest thing to a fix I've found, sorry.
You can find that here:
https://modthesims.info/d/539117/no...nd-washing.html

I hope that helps a bit.

Thank you. I don't see a counter option in the Mod from Scumbumbo - just sinks, so avoiding sims to change floors with dirty dishes while walking by multiple sinks is now - kind of on purpose... To let them actually wash dishes in the kitchen.
Doesn't seem to avoid them preparing food on the bathroom counters though...

It's a little step into the right direction.
Other thing I noticed: Sims seem to prefer dishwasher machines over kitchen sinks. If multiple bars have dishwashers, they begin to walk to them from the kitchen if the dishwashers in the kitchens are running.
That must be avoidable with LittleMsSam's Eco Dishwasher: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...u-need-to-start

None of that addresses the issue of sims changing bathrooms after toilet... Without completely disabling autonomous handwashing...
Smeg Head
#4 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 5:15 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 25th Sep 2022 at 5:42 AM.
Personalized door locks are a good option to herd sims in the right directions. From the game's own default door locks, to more advanced modded door locking for even more personal control made by LittleMissSims.

I should imagine tethering a particular sink to a particular toilet could be done by adding unique hidden blacklisting/whitelisting buffs to the objects, interactions and to the sims who are to use them. But it is quite a rigmarole to do this for a single matching pair of 1 sink 1 toilet each time. Probably have to make standalone clones of the objects, to have standalone interaction XML clones with the unique tethering buffing system for each pair. Certainly more work than needed, obsolete really, when the personalized door locks can pretty much do the same thing. Hence no mod out there like it for tethering sinks to toilets that I'm aware of. Nor would I rush to make such a mod with default door locks and more advanced door lock mods being the equivalent, if not better, option.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Personalized door locks are a good option to herd sims in the right directions. From the game's own default door locks, to more advanced modded door locking for even more personal control made by LittleMissSims.

I should imagine tethering a particular sink to a particular toilet could be done by adding unique hidden blacklisting/whitelisting buffs to the objects, interactions and to the sims who are to use them. But it is quite a rigmarole to do this for a single matching pair of 1 sink 1 toilet each time. Probably have to make standalone clones of the objects, to have standalone interaction XML clones with the unique tethering buffing system for each pair. Certainly more work than needed, obsolete really, when the personalized door locks can pretty much do the same thing. Hence no mod out there like it for tethering sinks to toilets that I'm aware of. Nor would I rush to make such a mod with default door locks and more advanced door lock mods being the equivalent, if not better, option.

Wouldn't personalized door locks bind a bathroom to a specific sim?
That could actually work, because bathrooms could be tethered to bedrooms in most mansions. But that wouldn't prevent sims to go from his bedroom toilets into club or bar or dining room toilets.
Smeg Head
#6 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 1:49 AM
With the LMS advanced door lock mod, you can block certain sims from using toilets on their own lot, while allowing access to visitors/customers only. So the outcome of having a locked, private en suite bedroom bathroom for one or two sims, - husband and wife for instance - while keeping them out of a downstairs public bathroom is doable. The LMS mod has options for blocking or allowing multiple sims through a door whether they be family members or NPCs, on any lot type, residential or community. I too have mansions with overstuffed households, 30-odd sims, each with private bedrooms and bathrooms and also visitor only toilets with access for maid/butler to go in and clean when necessary. I't's all doable with the door lock mod. My main sim family has private rooms on practically every community lot, private rooms in other family residences, everywhere is a home-from-home for them.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
With the LMS advanced door lock mod, you can block certain sims from using toilets on their own lot, while allowing access to visitors/customers only. So the outcome of having a locked, private en suite bedroom bathroom for one or two sims, - husband and wife for instance - while keeping them out of a downstairs public bathroom is doable. The LMS mod has options for blocking or allowing multiple sims through a door whether they be family members or NPCs, on any lot type, residential or community. I too have mansions with overstuffed households, 30-odd sims, each with private bedrooms and bathrooms and also visitor only toilets with access for maid/butler to go in and clean when necessary. I't's all doable with the door lock mod. My main sim family has private rooms on practically every community lot, private rooms in other family residences, everywhere is a home-from-home for them.

LMS and tethering bathrooms to bedrooms really made it better. More sims now use sinks in the same room.
Not a solution for kitchen counters though... Sims still move between kitchens to put plates in the dishwasher or prepare food. Even with eco dishwasher mod.
But that's because both kitchens are designed as open kitchens.