Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Space Pony
#26 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 11:53 PM Last edited by Kukamuukaanmuka : 8th Oct 2016 at 12:12 AM.
I am sorry I put my nose in this one But was worried naturally as I also am doing the foreverprojects of shareable hoods And I also run the game with empty environment and with all possible noregen mods And I was wondering, after all, those templates, Jawusas and Tarlias before hers have been here for a long time, and just now we see this? (then again I never adopt babies, only toddlers, sho never seen this )

I ran tests in 4 different hoods, 2 from here and 2 of my own, all made in empty environment, yes toddlers and children were allowed to adopt, no babies.

Made a second testfamily, used cheats to them get a baby fast, killed the parents and then testfamily nro#1 was able to adobt the baby. Just one, tried to adopt second baby and then again , no.

Then I ran the game in debugmode from the start, started over, testfamily nro#1 got an error when selected the baby option and again the car vanished. But there was a line in the errornote "Get random townie parents"

So then testfamily nro#2, 2 adults, male and female, with teleport cat made one as a townie and the other as downtownie (and I did not have actual downtown even added as these were testhoods) ... Ran once again testfamily nro#1.. they happily adopted 5 more babies (now there came the box to choose a name, like in normal birth, I assume biological parents of all 5 babies were the townie male and downtownie female).

So, for me it looks like to have possible to adopt a baby you need at least 2 townies/downtownies, male and female (might do with same sex, I did not tested that, or vacationhood townies might also do the trick, if you install any of the maxis destinations without empty templates you get the townies), and maybe this is the reason we never knew this before, just maybe there were nobody before now with no townies and downtownies at all (or no babies ever token by social worker) who tried to adopt a baby?

EDIT: so. looks pretty sure there is nothing wrong at your templates @Jawusa
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 2:26 AM
That's what I was trying to get at for I thought having no townies at all was the problem.

@Kukamuukaanmuka thanks for testing this out for us.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#28 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 6:00 AM
Bumping this old thread - I have the same issue of not being able to adopt babies in a clean neighbourhood. Just wondering if a solution was ever found?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 6:52 AM
The game makes babies by picking one male and one female townie and mixing their genes. If you don't have at least 1 of each gender you won't get babies to adopt.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#30 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The game makes babies by picking one male and one female townie and mixing their genes. If you don't have at least 1 of each gender you won't get babies to adopt.

I have learned that since I developed this problem, but like the original poster I have Townies in my game and adoption still doesn't work for babies
Page 2 of 2