Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 12:18 AM Last edited by crazysim : 29th Apr 2020 at 8:01 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Testers/Feedback Wanted: Automated Non-DXVK Test Graphics Rule Maker with Win10 Flashing Fix
See Pinned Messages in https://discord.gg/TmUmx6U

The creators of Graphics Rule Maker are looking for feedback on a test version that is in the Pinned Messages of the #troubleshooting-help-support channel of their Discord.

https://discord.gg/TmUmx6U A screenshot of where to find pinned messages in the Discord UI can be found attached to this OP.

This test version of Graphics Rules Maker implements a fix found by @Epi7. The test version allows setting the "disableTexMemEstimateAdjustment" option to true for all cards, not just Intel cards. Doing this seems to eliminate pink flashing on high end Nvidia cards such as the RTX 2080. But we need more feedback and testing. Higher end AMD Cards? Lower end Nvidia Cards? Other setups? Etc, etc?

This test version does not do things like the 4GB EXE patch. That still needs to be applied by itself and users still need to pay attention to UAC when doing so.

The DXVK approach is still great for those wishing to run somewhat stock Sims 2 who want higher FPS. But for those who want something automated or those whose CC load far exceeds what DXVK can handle, this is something to try first.

Please provide feedback in their Discord and/or here. Long live The Sims 2!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 5:46 PM
I removed the DXVK files, confirmed my game still is full of pink without it, used the new GRM instead, game no longer pink.

I feel like I may have taken a performance hit, but it's important to note I hadn't actually played TS2 in months and I could be misremembering how well it actually ran.
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th May 2020 at 1:17 PM
Seems to be working well for me too.
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th May 2020 at 9:28 PM
I loaded the game three times now and didn't have pink flashing on the NH view. No pink flashing when loading lots either. I DID have pink flashing on a community lot, tho. Let the Sim walk back home - no pink flashing anymore. Tested this in my medieval NH, so quite the stress test. Overall, it seems to be an improvement. I have to say I only loaded it with automatically detected settings. Maybe there is still something I could improve by changing settings.
Thank you for linking me on this, wouldn't have found it otherwise, I think.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 1:10 PM
It works almost flawlessly for me. So far I got pink flashing only once, after playing the game for a while. I run the game on highest settings, along with a lighting replacement and my neighbourhoods are heavily decorated.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 5:56 AM
I am trying to resolve pink flashing and am following the steps in the MTS2 pinned help topic. Just wanted to alert people that, at least on my computer, this Discord link doesn't appear to work even after logging into Discord. The linked board says it has no pinned messages.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 9:03 AM
Yeah, the thread is from April, Discord isn't exactly good for archiving links.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 6:47 AM
Well for gosh sakes, if anyone has information to share, copy and paste it into the forum thread where people can read it even several weeks later! Don't just link to somewhere ephemeral!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 8:16 PM
It's been included in the regular GRM since April, so I assume it worked: https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/graphics-rules-maker

"Disable texture memory estimate adjustment
Use this tweak to use the texture memory reported by the driver. This may greatly improve the game's stability, especially when using a recent nVidia graphics card."

If you downloaded the program before that, give it a try, I did. Haven't had much time to play since, so I don't know if it helped.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 5th Sep 2023 at 4:46 AM
Just wanted to post saying that the new GRM is FANTASTIC. I couldn't get my game to load in a clean install - no cc whatsoever. It was crashing constantly, would even load a neighborhood and again - no cc whatsoever. Brand new install. When I finally did get it to load to neighborhood, there was pink soup. I downloaded GRM, ran it - even though I'd already tweaked my graphics rules files manually - and my game not only loaded, but it flew into the neighborhood, loaded to a house, and had absolutely NO issues at all. No pink, no crashing, nothing. Bless you all for this, I am so grateful!