Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 9:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Humble is everywhere
In a new hood I created, with just one family (& no NPC's), Humble kept returning to drop off his computer; I had 20 or so before I banned him. Then, at a community lot (with no NPC) he showed up, and kept coming back! Showing up at a community lot is even MORE disturbing. I am expecting an answer of 50/50, but this was not happening in other hoods.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 10:37 PM
Do you have the nohumble hack? I've actually never even seen Rod Humble once because of that hack.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 11:25 PM
That hack may ban Humble, but he shouldn't be acting like that in the first place. If this is only happening in one 'hood, I'd suspect that maybe something is wrong with that hood.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 12:31 AM
Can't imagine what could be wrong; with only one family..yes it has about 25 people in it now (6 adults and their kids) so the lot is getting slow. But Humble got all wonky at the time the adults first moved in.

Field Researcher
#5 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 1:09 AM
Check if your objects.package for FreeTime has been modified, and check if he spams your lots without mods. Back up your hoods before you take out mods.
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
In a new hood I created, with just one family (& no NPC's), Humble kept returning to drop off his computer; I had 20 or so before I banned him. Then, at a community lot (with no NPC) he showed up, and kept coming back! Showing up at a community lot is even MORE disturbing. I am expecting an answer of 50/50, but this was not happening in other hoods.

Hopefully he isn't going rogue in your game like Agent Smith in the Matrix trilogy.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
Check if your objects.package for FreeTime has been modified, and check if he spams your lots without mods. Back up your hoods before you take out mods.

No modification

Scholar
#8 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 4:40 PM
I assume you've tried running Hoodchecker?

Also, is there something on the Batbox that deals with off-world loiterers? This thread from 2016 says he's there in off-world before you see him: https://modthesims.info/t/570923. I don't know if that means he could be stuck in off-world, like the Sims who keep whining that you invited them to stay the night and didn't let them get any sleep, when there's no sign of them on the lot at all.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 5:00 PM
I tried to look into this issue for you and found a topic from five years ago of someone having a similar issue here . Granted, the circumstances appear to be different, but they could potentially point towards the same cause.

The cause doesn't seem to be known, but if I were to take a guess, it looks like corruption of some sort. Since you said that the objects.package is unaltered, it wouldn't be game wide. Something must have gotten borked while you were making the hood or something, because as others have pointed out, that isn't normal game behaviour. In addition, you had stated that this occurs in the one hood with and without mods.

What I'm saying isn't fact, it's just a guess. BlueAlien's suggestion sounds like it could help, provided you have the option to clear off-world-loiterers off the lot, as the Bat Box does have that option. Remember to back up, just in case.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 3:57 AM
If I said this happens in this hood "with or without mods" I was lying. Also, now there are 2 adults from this house that moved out; I gave one a "prisoner token", but the other one shows up at the house all the time. Yes, it's the hood, but I assume it could be some ITEM or mod that is doing it, as I have not played any other hood since I made this one, and downloaded a lot of stuff. Anyway, I am quickly running this hood/experiment into the ground. If the weirdness persists in other hood....I'll be back.

Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 12:25 AM
I have nothing helpful to contribute, but the title of this thread made me laugh waaaaay harder than I should have.