Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 11:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bright Skin Glitch
Hello! I just started up sims 2 for the first time on my new computer, and there's some sort of glitch I've never seen before. The skin on my sims is bright and kinda glowing, and I don't know how to fix it. I've attached a photo <3

(I linked it as imgur didn't like it when I tried to link the actual image)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 12:11 PM
There are similar threads like this, maybe you can find ways to fix it here:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=649322
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=648762
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 12:30 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 15th Nov 2020 at 12:59 PM.
The DXVK fix seems to be the only fix so far, but it also could have some limitations on CC, so it depends on how annoying you find the issue and whether you have other problems.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=633003

I get some bright CC without the DXVK fix, and none with it - but my game seems to be a bit more stable without the DXVK fix (haven't tried the newest version, though). Could be a setup issue in my case, or that I was using an older version (I've been trying several things lately to get my game to work properly, so some could be clashing), but I'm not sure. For now I'm playing without the DXVK fix in a test phase, to see if I can figure out whether I can get rid of the bright bug without the fix.

Make sure you've done the GraphicRules properly, and that if you've used the GRM you've used the 2.0.0 version, because the old version removes a line that makes the game not handle graphic memory properly. It doesn't seem to help much on the bright problem, but you avoid pink-flashy problems later.

Also make sure your graphic drivers are properly updated. You'll want the newest drivers from the vendor, especially if you have Nvidia or AMD - it might not be enough to let Windows update them (it seems to find the newest ones on your computer, tells you they're fine, and leaves it at that), you'll want to go to the vendor's site and download/install the correct drivers. This could help a bit on the bright items. I only get the occasional bright CC item after I updated my drivers (my CAS screen got black stripes when I removed the DXVK, but updating the drivers fixed that).

I have looked at the problem CC items to see if there's anything in it that could cause them to light up like a Christmas tree, but the items so far seem to not have any particular settings that could cause them to be any different than the CC items that don't light up. I'm kind of hoping it's some kind of forgotten on/off setting in the GraphicRules that needs adjusting, because everything else in my game so far finally looks alright (haven't tested light hacks, though - kind of expecting problems there too... )
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 5:08 PM
Hi! I've actually been having the same exact problem. It makes it so hard to create new sims
I just downloaded some new cc and really wanted to use CAS so I continued my search to fix it. Long story short, I actually found something!!
I'm not sure if you fixed the problem or not (this is from a year ago so...) but I found a website with instructions on how to fix it! I'll link the site below. Hopefully it helps you too. It's super straightforward, nothing complicated at all.
Graphic Rules Maker
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 8:07 PM
Bright skin or objects in CAS usually means the graphicRules aren't set up properly, but if that doesn't work it could also mean your graphic card drivers need an update (from the vendor's website, or the Nvidia geforce Experience if you use Nvidia, or similar programs if you have a newer graphic card - don't update via Windows).

The bug I mentioned at the end of my previous post above has been "solved" - if you just get occasional bright hairs/clothes/accessories, it's a different bug linked to a missing line in the meshes. These items are essentially missing the "HasTangentArray" line in the mesh comments (if opening them in Milkshape - no idea how this would appear in Blender). They need to be fixed one by one, so it's not an easy or quick fix - but they will work relatively fine on-lot (they can have some lighting issues, but usually minor enough to not be too noticeable).