Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 5:06 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Only one of the Newson teens can go to school?
Exactly what it says on the tin- I popped the Newsons into my neighbourhood in an apartment, and for some reason, I can only send Ginger to school. Trying to send Gavin results in the "I know I have other responsibilities, but I can't leave the kids at home" message, even though Ginger would be there. Is this a bug or am I just missing something obvious?
I'm going to play through it anyways, so this is just going to mean Gavin doesn't get to go to school for whatever reason, I'm just wondering if this is a problem.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 5:32 AM
Well, at least one of them will have to stay at home to look after the toddlers. I don't think I've even tried to send Gavin to school, and, in my game, Ginger only goes occasionally. To get Ginger to stay at home, and let Gavin go, enroll Ginger in Simlogical Flexi School. You need to download and install both the School Changer and (for your configuration) the AL version of Flexi School. If you do that, Ginger won't even try to get on the school bus, and her grades won't drop.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 8:04 AM
Try waiting until the bus leaves and then send him walking to school (provided Ginger stays home). I've had that message for both of them, apparently the game picks one at random. Maybe the first who queues getting in the school bus gets to go.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 5:49 PM
Can't you not call a Nanny in apartment lots? They won't go to school if it means leaving the toddlers home alone.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 10:12 PM
I have a feeling I have a mod that fixes that issue only I use to have this issue but no longer do. It may have been a mod called 'Get parents' which mainly fixes a glitch with children who come home to a home without a biological parent, only I don't know who made it. Hopefully, someone else does.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I have a feeling I have a mod that fixes that issue only I use to have this issue but no longer do. It may have been a mod called 'Get parents' which mainly fixes a glitch with children who come home to a home without a biological parent, only I don't know who made it. Hopefully, someone else does.

"Get Parents" by Tunaisafish (formerly at Simbology.com) - https://simfileshare.net/folder/92521/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 6:58 AM
I knew someone would know. Try that OP and let us know if it fixes it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I knew someone would know. Try that OP and let us know if it fixes it.

Unfortunately I've already played with the family enough that the toddlers have aged up, and I don't have this problem anymore :o I mostly just posted this thread to see if this was a sign of a big problem or anything.

Thanks for all the help though! I'll be sure to keep this around in case I have a similar problem again.