Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 2:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How do i open a 5an file in blender or milkshape
I want to edit the sneak animation for the burgular in blender i have the gmdc loaded and i cant find out how to import it, i also tried to find an option to import a 5an in milkshape too but i cant find anything only 5gd
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 3:04 PM
The short answer is you really can't. Nobody made a tool for true animation editing. The longer answer is that you can make some minor edits by hand in SimPE. There is a tool that lets you decompile and edit 5an files here, but you probably won't get satisfactory results with it, and the people who knew how to use it left the community a long time ago, so you probably won't be able to get guidance either. Milkshape is a very primitive program for animation, and we unfortunately still don't have any way to import/export animations straight from Blender to the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
The short answer is you really can't. Nobody made a tool for true animation editing. The longer answer is that you can make some minor edits by hand in SimPE. There is a tool that lets you decompile and edit 5an files here, but you probably won't get satisfactory results with it, and the people who knew how to use it left the community a long time ago, so you probably won't be able to get guidance either. Milkshape is a very primitive program for animation, and we unfortunately still don't have any way to import/export animations straight from Blender to the game.

yeah i tried that a few days ago either it didnt do anything or produced some intresting results to sat the least