Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simply Leftovers

by MogHughson Posted 6th Jun 2009 at 9:54 AM - Updated 5th May 2011 at 10:46 PM by MogHughson : Noting BoilingOil's equivalent mod

131 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 6
Instructor
THANKS POST
#101 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 4:10 PM
Thank you sooo much! It works excellent in my game!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 5:22 PM
thanks a lot!! i've been having that exact problem with the food leftovers!
Test Subject
#103 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 5:04 PM
Default The food is eaten, but not by the sim
Uh, I've been having a slight problem. I downloaded this and your autonomous put away leftovers hack. I've had my sims put away their leftovers as single plates. The problem is this: when I tell them to get leftovers, I select the plate I want and click the check thing in the popup. then, I get the animation where the sim gets the plate out of the fridge. as soon as the fridge closes, the action is canceled and the plate of food disappears, like the game eats it up or something. I haven't downloaded conflicting hacks I don't think, since I haven't downloaded all that much of anything yet. If it helps, I have all EP's, and for SP's I have H&M, Teen style stuff, kitchen & bath and mansions & gardens. It wasn't just once, I tried getting the leftovers several times. When I checked what was in the fridge, the plate I had selected had gone from the list, even though my sim didn't get to eat it. I wasn't using either of the kitchen and bath fridges, since I know those don't have the leftover options.
Help?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#104 Old 4th May 2011 at 5:49 PM
This is what I need. That way children coming home from school don't have that extra step of putting away leftovers. They have homework and everything else going on.

Not only that, but I'm the kind of person that takes a plate and scoops stuff out of the containers in the fridge!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#105 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 9:31 PM
Hey who is the sim girl putting the food away?
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#106 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elyona1
The problem is this: when I tell them to get leftovers, I select the plate I want and click the check thing in the popup. then, I get the animation where the sim gets the plate out of the fridge. as soon as the fridge closes, the action is canceled and the plate of food disappears, like the game eats it up or something.
Can you attach the log file which will have been generated in the failure case. See here for how to generate the log file if this is not something you have done before.
Quote: Originally posted by amandasim75
Hey who is the sim girl putting the food away?
Just a character I made for testing this mod - random generation from CAS - I don't think I even have her anymore.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 9:49 AM
I was wondering if it was possible for you to create a version where multiple plates go into groups, like with the inventory.
If not, it's ok because this mod is already very useful, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 4:07 PM
omg thanks, I always had that problem, soo annoying!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 10:12 PM
I just wanted to say that I really appreciate this mod It's so much easier for the kids to get their own meals now (kids can't really live off cookies and juice) and it's loads better on the family budget. Many thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#110 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 8:30 PM
I was just thinking to myself last night how annoying it was to get a single plate from a group meal leftover. Especially since my main sim eats Grilled Cheese day and night, and takes Aspiration hits to grilled cheese that spoil in his mouth because he left out the leftovers too long.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#111 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 2:48 PM
You have very quickly become my new favorite creator here on MTS. So many of your mods/downloads are clever things that I've wished I'd have. I usually have my sims go on cooking sprees when they have kids, so that there will be leftovers for them to eat if parents are busy, and having to split group meals into single plates is so time consuming. This is brilliant! Thank you so much =)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#112 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 4:45 PM
I was browsing your mods and glimpsed at this and realised this is actually a pet hate of mine regarding the sims 2! Thanks for the fix!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 12:19 PM
very nice, thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#114 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 9:15 PM
This is an awesome mod. It makes leftovers so much easier to use as now sims don't have to get out group meals and put them back in the fridge. Great job!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 3:44 PM
This is the best mod I have ever seen.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 8:24 AM
This will make it so much easier with children! :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 12:06 AM
Late downloader (2015) ... but had to say that this is my MOST PRACTICAL download so far. I was so tired of the time-consuming get plate, cancel eat, put away leftover, get plate, cancel eat, etc. etc. that it took to put away leftovers as single plates.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#118 Old 1st May 2015 at 1:19 PM
This is wonderful and saves so much time!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#119 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 1:56 PM
This is infinitely smart! Thanks
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#120 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 12:55 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 11:24 AM
Can't thank you enough!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 11:56 PM
thanks i really like this mod however it would be better if sims could eat the leftovers automatically when hungry can you please create another modthe same but automous
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#123 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 11:55 PM
Thanks, that's so useful!
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 11:15 AM
This isn't compatible with any custom foods. Leftovers disappear every time I put them away.

Rob Riemensnyder is the biggest coward who ever lived. Stay away from him.
Test Subject
#125 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 7:10 AM
The autonomous put away leftovers mod linked in the description is unavailable :/ anybody else know where to find it?
Page 5 of 6