Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Electronics Anywhere

by plasticbox Posted 28th Oct 2014 at 3:32 PM - Updated 26th Jan 2015 at 5:11 PM by plasticbox

120 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 85 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#76 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 12:51 AM
Thank you, another great mod
Test Subject
#77 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 5:09 PM
I don't know what's wrong, but this mod, and also the "clutter anywhere"-mod won't work for me. I've unpacked it and put it in the mod folder. It is shown when I launch the game but I can't put electronics or other stuff on the shelves, except the one who could be placed on shelves anyway.
I'm playing with the actual version of the game and ther's no diffrence if the "moveobjects"-cheat is enabled or not. So any other ideas what to do?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#78 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 5:13 PM
Since you say "moveobjects" (not bb.moveobjects): are you referring to the Maxis cheat or to a mod?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#79 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 5:42 PM
Sorry, I've tried it with bb.moveobjects
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 5:45 PM
I use this all the time, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 6:56 PM
Many thanks!
THANKS POST
#82 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 10:55 PM
Finally!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 12:48 PM
thanks for it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 11:39 AM
so good!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 8:34 PM
Nice one! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 6:29 PM
I was looking for this exact mod. I couldn't figure out why the game had a side table that said in the description that it was specifically for TV's but would not hold any model even the small ones. Love that you correct what EAxis did not.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 4:04 PM
thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 11:36 PM
thank you...now I can make use of those in-game side-tables...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 7:50 AM
A very useful mod, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 3:51 PM
Thank you very much !!!
Test Subject
#91 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 3:26 PM
Does this work for Computers too? I want to sell them in my store but multiples can't be placed on one surface. Thanks for making this!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 3:37 PM
Please see the lists in the upload description for exactly which objects this modifies. That's what I write them for.

Also, from what I heard, store shelves have different types of slots than regular ones (they seem to differentiate by type of object too, not just weight/size), so not sure whether the kind of flag edit I'm doing here is relevant for that at all.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 4th May 2015 at 10:09 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH OMG THIS IS WHAT I NEEDED AHHH IM IN LOVE WITH (P.S. MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK LOL XD)
Instructor
#94 Old 5th May 2015 at 8:50 PM
I thought I'd let you know that this seems to not be working with with the May 4 update.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 5th May 2015 at 9:05 PM
Same as with your other post: "not working" in what sense? Please elaborate.

Instructor
#96 Old 12th May 2015 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Same as with your other post: "not working" in what sense? Please elaborate.

I'm sorry, just now getting this. Electronics just aren't placeable any more, mostly cc items, but some EA items as well, that I'd placed on surfaces before the patch. I I've tried with moo and if it does place the next time the lot loads it will be in household inventory. In particular I use the emptied shelves a lot for decorating because it saves space, but stereos will not place, and the sideboards that game w/ GTW is another item that I use to place smaller tvs and clutter, now no electronics and all but the smallest clutter will not place.

I hope that's elaborate enough.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 12th May 2015 at 9:12 AM
This sounds like game behaviour has changed with that patch, which is of course entirely possible. Now how is it different between having this mod in game and not? You don't mention that.

Also this mod does not affect any CC items, so whichever problems you have with those, they are unrelated.

Since you say you're "tried with moo" that sounds like you are using the Cheat Shortcuts mod .. have you made sure script mods are still activated? Patches seem to have a habit of turning off that option for some people. Your issues could be because you aren't actually using bb.moveobjects.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 22nd May 2015 at 9:48 PM
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 1:20 AM
Thank you, fabulous work <3 <3 <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 2:06 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 4 of 5