Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Audrey Hepburn,as seen in Breakfast at Tiffanys !

by Vera Marina Posted 1st Oct 2007 at 10:49 PM - Updated 12th Aug 2012 at 5:59 PM by Vera Marina

83 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 68 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elenee
Just a correction, no offence: The picture that is the base of the hair, and outfit, is from Breakfast at Tiffanys. Quite a cult movie. So not from Sabrina OR My Fair Lady. Naturally she is any fashion designers dream, because it's easier to dress hangers than actual curves. Hollywood as always been so.. Hollywood.

Your right, this is from Breakfast at Tiffanys. Auudrey Hepburn is one of my favourite actresses. But I disagree with "Naturally she is any fashion designers dream, because it's easier to dress hangers than actual curves. Hollywood as always been so.. Hollywood." She wasn't underweight like the twigs we see today, like it says in the text, fashion at this time was curvy, so she stood of from the crowed. Things change and fashion is a different thing to hollywood.

--- If you can see this, you're blind. ---
Scholar
#27 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 1:28 AM
People come in all shapes and sizes and are the way they are for their own reasons--be it health or preference or lifestyle. "Twigs" and "Dress Hangers" is hurtful name-calling, as is calling any curvy person an insulting name relating to their shape. Let's not insult people just because the fashion industry thinks it's got a right to dictate not only what clothes are "in" but also body shapes, which is ludicrous. People should not have to torture themselves to fit their nature-given bodies to some fashion ideal decided upon by a fickle industry composed of people who aren't exactly hot-looking, either. (Take a look at some fashion designers--most don't dress or look anything like the models and fashions they are promoting).

According to one article I read about her long ago, Audrey was naturally thin--if you count starvation by Nazis as natural-- she had suffered severe malnutrition under Nazi occupation and as a result suffered lifelong metabolic and digestive repercussions. It was her own suffering and the horrors she witnessed under Nazi occupation that served as the inspiration for her work with Unicef later in life. She was an extraordinary woman and a beautiful person, inside and out. Vera, I'm once again honored that something I made has played a role in one of your beautiful creations.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 2:07 AM Last edited by Vera Marina : 12th Oct 2007 at 2:17 AM.
Thank you so much everybody!
When I mentioned that she was very thin, oh God, it was not in a offensive way! I just love her, otherwise I wouldn't botter to make her.
I agree with summer(as allways ) that of course a pression from the media exists, to people look all the same...What I tried to poit out, was that hollywood in those days,was a place for "sirens", just like Marilyn, Rita, Jane, Lana, ect, as now all the actress are supposed to be very thin; spite of this, Audrey was so gracefull, so beautiful, that it didn't make any difference for hollywood, that she was the opposite of what they try to value at that time.
I admire so much her work at UNICEF, and I was very touched when she died. She always had that noble look,and she was as beautiful as never when she died.
In fact, I was trying to say, that when someone is special, like she was, there is no rules, no system, which will prevent them to furfill their destiny...and glow!
And dear Summer :lovestruc , thank you once more for your beautiful skin; it was just perfect for Audrey!

You know the way it twists and turns,changing colour,spining yarns
You know the way it leaves you dry, It cuts you up, it takes you high
You know the way it throws about,It takes you in and spits you out
Test Subject
#29 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elenee
Just a correction, no offence: The picture that is the base of the hair, and outfit, is from Breakfast at Tiffanys. Quite a cult movie. So not from Sabrina OR My Fair Lady. Naturally she is any fashion designers dream, because it's easier to dress hangers than actual curves. Hollywood as always been so.. Hollywood.

Thank you. I think you should edit your post out of respect for Audrey. Because I love the sim and she's beautiful but it should be credited right

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 3:10 AM
You are absolutelly right!
DONE!!!!

Lab Assistant
#31 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 4:55 PM
What a beautiful recreation!

We all inherit a blank canvas. How will you paint yours?
Field Researcher
#32 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 7:56 AM
I just adore this...what an excellent job! Downloading and plan on enjoying my namesake in my game, thank you!
Test Subject
#33 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 1:16 PM
Wonderful job, she looks so realistic! Thanks :o)

--
a male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car
Forum Resident
#34 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 11:01 PM
could you please give a direct link for the hair and dress? i cant find them
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#35 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 2:43 PM
Wow, this is the first sim of her that I would recognize without a comparison pic. Fantastic job!

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 4:54 PM
Thanks! I'm very glad you like her!

Test Subject
#37 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 5:17 PM
I agree with you Summer and maybe I didn't exactly say what I thought as well as I could, all I meant was, she was naturally thin (apart from what you heard in that article - I've never heard that before) and today there are girls who go to extreme lengths to be a certain shape which Audrey certainly was not.

--- If you can see this, you're blind. ---
Forum Resident
#38 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 8:42 PM
she seems so realistic! good job, vera!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 1:36 PM
Oh, my God!!! Unbelievable! She really looks like AUDREY!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 3:32 AM
Thank you guys! Have great fun with her!

Test Subject
#41 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 3:34 AM
Still looking for direct link to hair- and dress. I think I have the dress, but no idea on the hair.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 3:59 AM
hair:
http://coris.dothome.co.kr/
go to downloads, genetics, page 2, hair 13.

The site was not working today...

Test Subject
#43 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 4:12 PM
Thanks! I got it
Instructor
#44 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 7:42 PM
Vera Marina, I don't know what to say. I keep looking back and forth between this utterly gorgeous Audrey Hepburn of yours, and your utterly gorgeously amazing Rita Hayworth and I just don't know now which one to like best!!

I think your abilities at Sim creation are incredible, as I've looked at quite a lot of yours recently. I find them all simply stunningly beautiful.

Also, I think your talent at totally nailing their looks down 100% is nearly supernatural! Haha.. no kidding they are really just that incredible.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aligeth
Vera Marina, I don't know what to say. I keep looking back and forth between this utterly gorgeous Audrey Hepburn of yours, and your utterly gorgeously amazing Rita Hayworth and I just don't know now which one to like best!!

I think your abilities at Sim creation are incredible, as I've looked at quite a lot of yours recently. I find them all simply stunningly beautiful.

Also, I think your talent at totally nailing their looks down 100% is nearly supernatural! Haha.. no kidding they are really just that incredible.

Oh my God, thank you so much, Aligeth!!!
It's so kind of you! I'm very flattered by your words! It's because of comments like yours that I tried to improve my "work",( if I can call it work, cause I just LOVE to make sims), to look better and better! I want to begin to make my own skins now, but you know, I'm toooooo lazy for that I quess ...maybe when I have more free time...
It's so good to read this, cause sometimes I think it's a waste of time to spend so many hours in front of a computer making sims!
I just love your Shirley, and all the stuff you made for her!!! So cute!
And just between you and me, my favourite creation is my MM...she is the pupil of my eyes, cause I love the actress so much, I never wanted so much to "nail" a person as I did with MM. Oh well, but I guess I can't hurt my other sims fellings, he,he..
Thank you once more Aligeth !

Field Researcher
#46 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 5:04 AM
Wow she is one of my all time favorite actors and this is an amazing job with her.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 3:14 AM
Thank you so much Pandora! When it cames from a huge Audrey's fan, it's a bonus!!!

Test Subject
#48 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 3:17 PM Last edited by its_tl : 13th Nov 2007 at 3:22 PM. Reason: can't find the hair, need to post question
Stunning! One of the greatest actresses to ever hit the screen (no matter which character she played). Your recreation is remarkable. You truly captured her. I am ever so grateful to you. If ever there was a Sim I would love floating around my Simville, it is Audrey!
It's hard to express how much I appreciate your work. Thank you so much for sharing your very talented gift with us. Simply amazing!

The link to the hair sends me to a site that has been moved, yet the forwarding link does not work. Can you shed some light on this?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by its_tl
Stunning! One of the greatest actresses to ever hit the screen (no matter which character she played). Your recreation is remarkable. You truly captured her. I am ever so grateful to you. If ever there was a Sim I would love floating around my Simville, it is Audrey!
It's hard to express how much I appreciate your work. Thank you so much for sharing your very talented gift with us. Simply amazing!

The link to the hair sends me to a site that has been moved, yet the forwarding link does not work. Can you shed some light on this?

Thank you very much for your nice words! :lovestruc
I don't know what is going on with this site...it's really strange; I tried to enter and I could't either;I hope they fix the link soon!
You are very kind, thank you once more!

Lab Assistant
#50 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 10:29 PM Last edited by AmyLuthien : 16th Nov 2007 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Clicked the "Thanks" button and should've clicked the other one instead!
Ah ha! They moved the site for the hair, it's now located here: http://simsartistsunion.com/ It's a little hard to navigate the site it's in Chinese with some English, and site navigation is difficult to find/non-exsistant, but if you can find your way to "Genetics", it's on page 2:

http://simsartistsunion.com/bbs/zbo...&sn1=&divpage=1

That out of the way, very excellent job creating this sim! Audrey Hepburn was always, in my opinion, the consumate Lady. When people talk about a lady, Audrey springs to mind. Thanks!

Namárië! Nai hiruvalyë Valimar!
Farewell! Maybe thou shalt find Valimar!
--- J.R.R. Tolkien

Lúthien's Middle-earth
http://www.luthien-tinuviel.net

Lúthien Doesn't Live Here
http://amyluthien.tumblr.com/
Page 2 of 4