Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simply Leftovers

by MogHughson Posted 6th Jun 2009 at 9:54 AM - Updated 5th May 2011 at 10:46 PM by MogHughson : Noting BoilingOil's equivalent mod

131 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Insanity333
There doesn't appear to be a jump and all menus are there. It just vanishes out of the cue as soon as the taxi arrives or they get into a car.
Can you see if you can create an error log of this issue? See here. Even though you don't see the jump there may be an error that this error log will capture then we will be able to see what mod is causing the problem. Have you done any investigation such as taking this or any other mod out of your downloads folder to see what fixes your problem? Was there a specific reason you had the impression it was this mod that was causing it?
Test Subject
#52 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 5:29 PM
Thank you , can't wait to try this out. I find myself spending way too much time micro-managing leftovers!
Scholar
#53 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 12:49 AM
Finally someone who understands my food preservation obsession (among other things)! Mog, you keep coming up with stuff that I'm looking for! You're the BEST :D
Test Subject
#54 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 6:59 PM
I have tried it out and you are awesome awesome awesome possum.
Test Subject
#55 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 12:46 AM
Hi,
I have tried to use this mod twice. It doesn't seem to work for me. I tried it running my game on a PowerMac G5 and a laptop with a core 2 duo processor. Any suggestions? I don't get the menu with the option to save as plates. I have Sims2,Un,Nightlife,OFB,Pets and BV.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 10:15 AM Last edited by MogHughson : 19th Jul 2009 at 3:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mia17dh
Hi,
I have tried to use this mod twice. It doesn't seem to work for me. I don't get the menu with the option to save as plates. I have Sims2,Un,Nightlife,OFB,Pets and BV.
I suspect this is due to the fact that I have set the flag to say Seasons is required and you don't have it. I should be able to remove that actually, since the real requirement is Seasons or later. Let me check and see if that is the case. I'll post again when I'm back at my home machine.

EDIT: No it seems I was incorrect. Because this isn't an object there is no such flag that I had incorrectly set. I have tested out the mod with your combination of EPs using the AnyGameStarter and it seems to work fine for me. Can you elaborate further on your problem. Do you for example get the second level menu, i.e. the first level has "..." on the end and when you click on it you get the second one, but then inside it there is no single plates option? Can you grab a screenshot of your menu on a group meal to show me?
Field Researcher
#57 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 6:48 AM
Gah! How Upsetting!! I downloaded this hack, and my leftovers went haywire. I downloaded it before the hack fix, and so since I only have up to seasons, i kept getting a problem where when I clicked on some food my sim would "jump" and "snap reset". I downloaded the new updated version, and yet the game still does the same thing!

I deleted the hack, and now i have NO options of leftovers, other than the old leftovers that have been in the fridge before i ever downloaded the hack. The option is COMPELETLY gone.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eeyore226
Gah! How Upsetting!! I downloaded this hack, and my leftovers went haywire. I downloaded it before the hack fix, and so since I only have up to seasons, i kept getting a problem where when I clicked on some food my sim would "jump" and "snap reset". I downloaded the new updated version, and yet the game still does the same thing!

I deleted the hack, and now i have NO options of leftovers, other than the old leftovers that have been in the fridge before i ever downloaded the hack. The option is COMPELETLY gone.
Sorry to hear you're having so many problems - let's see if we can get you sorted out. Can you provide the error log for the new problem that you saw when you got the new updated version please? In case you haven't generated one before, please see here for instructions.

Cheeers
Mog
Field Researcher
#59 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 11:14 PM Last edited by eeyore226 : 10th Jul 2009 at 12:03 AM.
Since I'm not exactly sure what you need, I followed the instructions, and I'll send over the files that were modified today.... My file seems to be TOO large to attact... so I have to do the annoying thing, and paste my log.

But before I do that, I didnt check before, but in my Logs folder, I got an excel file that says "OETreeDelete" Which I'm assuming has something to do with my problem, because when the error window came up it remeber it saying something about "tree".

I took three logs where my sim snapped resetted, but I'll just send the one where when I clicked on the plate of jello.
-------------------------------------------------------
Build: 1.7.0.158
at Jun 13 2007,18:27:46

Object id: 574
name: N004_User00633 - Lolita
Stack size: 3
Error: Bad gosub tree number.
Iterations: 1
Frame 2:
Stack Object id: 162
Stack Object name: Food Dish - Dessert
Node: 0
Tree: id 8342 name 'Interaction - Store LeftOvers TEST' version -32749
from FoodDish_Globals
Prim state: 0
Params: 0 Locals: 0 0
Frame 1:
Stack Object id: 0
Tree: id -1 name 'No behavior' version 0
from
Prim state: 1
Params: Locals:
Frame 0:
Stack Object id: 0
Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 2
from TemplatePerson
Prim state: 0
Params: Locals:

Global Simulator Variables

------------------------------------------

EDIT!!

Alright. I fixed it up. Now it won't be a pain in the ass to scroll through. :P
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 11:47 PM Last edited by MogHughson : 19th Jul 2009 at 2:58 PM.
Thanks eeyore226. The first chunk is all I need in this case - feel free to edit your post and delete everything including and after the "Global Simulator Variables". I will take a look at what seems to be going wrong with it.

EDIT: I have been scratching my head over this for a while, mainly through confusion. You said that this error was still there even when you used the latest version. The error that you are getting is exactly the error that the first version caused. The error log that you created also indicates that you are still using the original version. Please make sure that you have downloaded the latest version and have deleted the old version. I occaisionally make the mistake of dragging and dropping a download into the folder above the Downloads folder. This still works but makes it really difficult to work out what is going on when later versions put into the Download folder are not apparently working. Check you haven't done that. Easiest way would be to try to delete all versions and then run ths game and if the download is still listed in the custom Content List that comes up at game startup - you still have it somewhere else.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 10:16 AM
Wow, I'm so glad someone thinks like I do. This is a great idea! thank you so much!
Test Subject
#62 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 10:13 PM
I love, love, love, love, love this mod! It gets used *all* the time and I can't imagine playing without it again! You're brilliant.
Test Subject
#63 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 4:40 AM
this is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. Thanks!
#64 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 6:53 PM
Wow! I remember discussing this with you in the Feedback forum! I had no idea it was out so long ago! ::nab::

Also, in cases like eeyore226`s, don`t forget that the cache files can remember global hacks that have been deleted!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Also, in cases like eeyore226`s, don`t forget that the cache files can remember global hacks that have been deleted!
Don't understand what you mean - can you elaborate?

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
#66 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 8:28 PM
You`ve seen "don`t forget to delete your cache files" posts in some of the troubleshooting threads? When the game accesses certain items, it stores a copy inside the cache files for quicker access, things like global hacks, for example. The cache files are ALWAYS safe to delete, and sometimes unsafe to NOT delete. When removing global hacks, it is important to remove the cache files too, as they are known to occasionally retain behavior from deleted global hacks. The cache files cache things. It`s what they`re for.

Do you need further information? I`m starting to repeat myself.

Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 1:14 AM
No that's good - I didn't know about these cache files before - apart from the Thumbnail cache - I take it that the global hack remembering cache is in the same place?

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
#68 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 6:20 PM
Ack! I hate it when that happens! I had my reply all typed out for you, and clicked on "Post Feedback/Report", and got back "Internet Explorer cannot display this page"! I lost my entire message. Trying to reconstruct, more-or-less...

There are two .cache files, Groups.cache and Accessories.cache, both in the root directory of the game`s Documents-based directory tree. My back-up batch file automaticaly deletes Groups.cache, and my game seems more stable for the deletion. I don`t bother with Accessories.cache. These files are not the same as the .package files in the Thumbnails directory, nor are they the .cache files in the HTTPCache directory, which I think are the browser cache for the in-game web-browser. Groups.cache seems to be the file that harbors the left-over code from deleted hacks, as far as I can tell. I`m not sure what Accessories.cache harbors, nor what *else* Groups.cache might preserve.

Well, that`s the "gist" of what I typed the first time, plus a little more besides, though definitely NOT worded the same as the first attempt. ::sigh:: I only hope that the second try is better than the first was. Whatever. This time, I`m copying it to the clipboard, JUST IN CASE. .

Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 6:53 PM
Thanks GeneralOperationsDirector, not only for the information, but also for taking the time to type it all in twice! I have PM-ed eeyore226 in case they haven't noticed this recent discussion, as it might be the root cause of their issue.

Cheers
Mog

#70 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 7:12 PM
You`re welcome, and you welcome. Good idea with the PM, too. Thank *you* for all the neat-o stuff you`ve given me for my game, and for appreciating my efforts to help! Oh, and a simple cautionary reminder: While not deleting Accessories.cache might be ok, it`s safer to delete it than not, when having issues. Re "...my game seems more stable for the deletion": I used to have the occasional crash-on-load of the program, which was cured by deleting Groups.cache and trying again. Since I began pre-emptively deleting it, I have never had another crash-on-load of Sims 2.

Lab Assistant
#71 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 11:59 PM
Default Eh-heh ^_^;; Noob here.
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
There are two .cache files, Groups.cache and Accessories.cache, both in the root directory of the game`s Documents-based directory tree.

Right, so I'm just barely getting stupidly addicted to this delightfully beyond bodacious game and there are a good many basic (to you) terms I still feel undereducated in. . . Where is this Cache file you speak of, my friend?

I love the -idea- of this mod, but while I dropped it in the downloads folder (as per the instructions on the download screen) I see no change whatsoever on my game options. I'm hoping clearing the cache will remedy this. You say I just straight up delete the file, yes?

Sorry for my lack of experience, but I'll learn quickly if taught!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 12:01 AM
Oh yea, and I'm running Double Deluxe (Which is the base game plus NL and Celebration Stuff, tho you likely already know that) as well as the Seasons EP.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pukitaki
I'm hoping clearing the cache will remedy this. You say I just straight up delete the file, yes?
Yes - just straight up delete them - the game will regenerate them when started up.

Lab Assistant
#74 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 2:52 PM
Hahaha! Okies, I found the file. Now I feel silly, but at least I know where it is for future reference.

But unfortunately, even that hasn't fixed the issue. My options remain the same with or without the mod. Did I put it in the wrong folder or something? Maybe I should try it in a different location? I thought Downloads was right, but I've been mistaken before.
#75 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 7:21 PM
Yes, Pukitaki, I do know that too; you see, I started with Double Deluxe myself.

...and yes, in Downloads is the correct place for this. However, your profile states that you have only the base game, and this hack requires Seasons or later. Without it, one would expect the lack of change you are observing. Would you please both post what expansions you have installed and update your profile accordingly as well?

FAKE EDIT: I note in your post above that you DO have Seasons, so obviously much of the preceeding paragraph doesn`t apply to *you*, but it is still good to be aware of it, as similar will apply to other hacks that need expansions you don`t have [or worse, crash your game without the right expansion[s]]. Still, this leaves me somewhat at a loss, as it invalidates the obvious conclusion, and the less obvious conclusions require additional data. MogHughson will be in a better position than I to know what data would be relavent.

Page 3 of 6