Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 3 Patch Downloader

by FordGT90Concept Posted 10th Jul 2010 at 12:11 PM - Updated 19th Sep 2019 at 12:46 AM by FordGT90Concept

1453 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1088 Feedback Posts, 364 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 59
Scholar
Original Poster
#76 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 5:55 AM
Try hitting "Reset LAA" and attempt to install it again. Otherwise, the file might be corrupt.

I see you got it resolved, nevermind.
Test Subject
#77 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 2:22 PM
Could you merge the classes in TS3Lib.dll back into the main executable? I find having just one file makes it easier to organize stuff. Thanks for making this too, it's a great way to get patches without installing the EADM.
Scholar
Original Poster
#78 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 6:53 PM
I have used ILMerge to combine the DLL into the EXE. I will get it up soon.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 8:28 PM
i really do love you for making this tool !! ^^

the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
and you have burned so very, very brightly, roy.
Test Subject
#80 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 4:06 AM
Thank you so much for this download! My game wouldn't update, the game launcher quit working, and CC was hardly showing up at all...This has fixed soooo many issues!
Test Subject
#81 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 12:31 PM
Hi, I currently have Base Game v1.12.7 and Ambitions v.4.0.87 - when I use your program, I get the message "Invalid file found: Game\Bin\TSLHost.dll" - do you know what causes this?
Scholar
Original Poster
#82 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 12:53 PM
The file is apparently corrupt. Hard drives can do that given the right circumstances as could a previous patch gone awry. Information on how to attempt to restore the damaged file is here:
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...complains_about

Otherwise, you might have to reinstall the game/stuff pack/expansion pack that the caused the error (e.g. if an Ambitions patched caused the error, uninstall Ambitions, install Ambitions, and use the Patch Downloader immediately to get it up to date).
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 1:33 PM
Thank you for this program. I had my game installed on the E drive, even went through a month-long process last June of fully un-installing & re-installing the entire thing (with all CC), only to discover that EA doesn't support installing some patches on non-default (i.e. "C-drive") installations. I thought all I was behind was one small WA patch. Your program showed me that I was missing a WA and HELS patch.

Your program didn't enable me to update it on the E drive, but I was able to uninstall (while keeping the EA Documents Folder - SOOO thankful for that change!) and fully re-install (on the C Drive) and update my game with ease. I am *still* getting a notice in the Exchange that I need to update my game for some content, but the content works if I download it, and your program says that it is fully up-to-date, so meh. Now, if only my C drive wasn't the smallest, and oldest of all my drives....
Scholar
Original Poster
#84 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 9:28 PM
If the Patch Downloader says your game is current, it is current.

It might be possible to override the install path of the installers but then again, it might not be. If EA screwed up on just one patch with the install path, you are correct in that it would be a major pain to install anywhere except where EA expects it.

Maybe you need to uninstall and install a fresh copy of EADM? I think that is required for using the exchange and the Patch Downloader doesn't touch it.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 7:13 AM
Game Update for: 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3
POSTED ON 09/05/10 06:20 PM

To install this update, please start your game and use the “Updates” tab in your Launcher.

This game update includes:

New Features

· Sims that drive extensively can now develop a relationship with their vehicles. Vehicles can be named once a friendship is formed.

· The Vehicle Enthusiast Trait is now available. Sims with this trait can name their vehicles immediately and develop relationships with them more quickly.

Base Game Updates

· Fixed an issue where ghosts could become stuck in vehicles under certain conditions. Ghosts will now properly exit vehicles after arriving at their destination.

· Nameable items can only be named when they belong to the active household.

World Adventures Updates

· Career titles for Sims visiting Egypt, France and China will now display in the Relationship Panel tooltips.

The Sims 3 Create a World

· Create a World users need to install a new version of The Sims 3 Create a World Tool. Users can find the Create a World page from the “Games” drop down in the site header.

It must be so new that neither my game launcher or the patch downloader is picking it up yet brcause both say my game is up to date with version no 4.2.32.007017

----------------------------------------------
We are all part of the tapesty of life. Weave your threads with the colours of peace, love and compassion my friends.
Scholar
Original Poster
#86 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 9:35 AM
Thank you for letting me know, rednotdead. I'll see to getting the server updated ASAP...
Test Subject
#87 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 11:53 AM
Hi FordGT90Concept!
I installed the newest game update, but now it won't let me play the game. So I was just wondering how long might it take before this The Sims 3 Patch Downloader will be updated for the newest versions?
Thank you!
Scholar
Original Poster
#88 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 12:06 PM Last edited by FordGT90Concept : 7th Sep 2010 at 12:53 PM.
I am working on it right now. It should be available before 9/8/2010.

You will have to download the latest version of The Sims 3 Patch Downloader (not up at this time) in order to get the 1.15 round of patches. This version is compiled on .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile (may require downloading) and has the ability to handle EA's latest patches (e.g. TS3_1.15.34.008001_Update.exe) so those updating from out of the box don't have to do incremental.

Edit: it is tested and ready to go but I can't release it until ts3ver5.bin is up (sometime today).
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 4:58 PM
The official EA patch is causing people a lot of trouble - when installed it then says your base game is incompatible and neither the EA installer or your patch program say there is any more patches and so the game wont play - stupid EA

found out that it could be caused because my game is LAA so will run the patch installer and undo the LAA and see if that works

We are all part of the tapesty of life. Weave your threads with the colours of peace, love and compassion my friends.
Scholar
Original Poster
#90 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 10:49 PM
The updated Patch Downloader is up and it will take care of that problem for you.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 6:22 AM Last edited by rednotdead : 8th Sep 2010 at 8:11 AM.
Thank you once again for making my game playable unlike EA who make their own game unplayable.

One thing I have noticed though with this new version when I click the button to force LAA it does not do it to High Loft stuff

Scholar
Original Poster
#92 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 10:02 AM
Have you tried restarting the Patch Downloader? I can't reproduce that problem on my end.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 11:32 AM
I have fully patched game then ran it then tried the patch downloader again but still no joy about the high end loft pack - does it make any diffenrence though as I am running ambitions?

Test Subject
#94 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 10:13 PM
I am also having trouble to patch high end loft pack. Installer tells me "RTPatch: Invalid file found: Game\Bin\TS3SP01.exe". I should have original TS3SP01.exe on my computer because I never used a hack, crack or something else. Could this be a problem of the latest patch?
Scholar
Original Poster
#95 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rednotdead
I have fully patched game then ran it then tried the patch downloader again but still no joy about the high end loft pack - does it make any diffenrence though as I am running ambitions?

I am too. Maybe the registry is corrupt?

Could you verify the ExePath and Install Dir are correct:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff

Quote: Originally posted by GanYmeD
I am also having trouble to patch high end loft pack. Installer tells me "RTPatch: Invalid file found: Game\Bin\TS3SP01.exe". I should have original TS3SP01.exe on my computer because I never used a hack, crack or something else. Could this be a problem of the latest patch?

Hit "Reset LAA," try installing the patch, and once the patch is installed, "Force LAA." Changing the LAA bit can sometimes cause the patches to throw an error.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FordGT90Concept
I am too. Maybe the registry is corrupt?

Could you verify the ExePath and Install Dir are correct:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff

Yes I can confirm that that is where the registry is and all games are installed in the default directorys with unmodified exes. It just seems strange that before adding the new patch I had used the patch downloader with no problem to force LAA on all the games and now since the patch it wont do it for high end considering the only thing that has changed is the additon of the patch.

Scholar
Original Poster
#97 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 6:53 AM
Yeah, it is very strange. Maybe you could try running Large Address Aware quick to see if it yeilds the same results. Technically, it should, but bugs act like bugs. XD

If that yeilds the same results, back in Patch Downloader, could you right-click on the list of detected products, select "Copy Comma Separated Values (CSV)," and paste it in your reply? Don't worry, it excludes the registration keys.

Can you run TS3SP01.exe from the High-End Loft Stuff install directory? Does it error?

Finally, could you zip that TS3SP01.exe up and get it to me? Send me a PM if you prefer to email it to me. I'll take a look at the physical executable and see why it is acting up.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 10:24 AM
Downloaded and ran your LAA with the same results.

csv - Name,Installed Version,Update Version,LAA,Path,
The Sims™ 3,1.15.34.008002,1.15.34.008002,True,C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
The Sims™ 3 World Adventures,2.10.5.008002,2.10.5.008002,True,C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures
The Sims™ 3 High-End Loft Stuff,3.6.6.008001,3.6.6.008001,False,C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff
The Sims™ 3 Ambitions,4.3.4.008001,4.3.4.008001,True,C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions

No funny enough when I clicked on the launcher in the High End Loft folder I got an error message that it could not find it - very strange - considering it was working yesterday and the only new thing I have done is add the patch - will try a reinstall of High End Loft and see what happens

Scholar
Original Poster
#99 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 10:35 AM
The executable isn't there!?! That would explain why LAA says false (false is default).

Reinstalling it will hopefully get it sorted. I have no idea why the executable would disappear without error during the patching process.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 10:51 AM
Cant find the original disc but luckily its also actviated on my computer so downloading a fresh copy from EA so will reinstall from there. Also will be geting Fast Lane on Friday when it comes out here, will the patch downloader be compatible with that or will that be in a later edition? Thanks for your help so far. Very strange how all the stuff is in the HELS folder APART from that one exe

Page 4 of 59