Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 6th May 2013 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
So, I actually did work on recolors of the Ladybug loft...

Thoughts? I was going for 'Farmer Bob built this with his grandson Timmy' feel.

I love it! Make it available nao pwease (or whenever is convenient, lololol) But in all seriousness it's beautiful!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#77 Old 6th May 2013 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lizz2034
I love it! Make it available nao pwease (or whenever is convenient, lololol) But in all seriousness it's beautiful!

I posted it on my Simblr, if yer interested.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Inventor
#78 Old 6th May 2013 at 7:39 AM Last edited by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK : 6th May 2013 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Added pics
@joandsarah77 - "I figure my hippy commune can grow the stuff and if the police should find it... I haven't figured all that out but it seems like a fun addition. " Have no worries , tell the cops to look in your inventory , it will just show up as " bland cucumber" . Nothing to see here officers ! It will always be rated bland , no matter how much tending , watering etc you do , poor sims get no high grade. They do get some spliffs that Cheech and Chong would be proud of and they actually emit smoke while the sims partake. Quite entertaining , also available to use in a nice bright plastic retro water pipe if your sims don't have any zags available. And no , I don't have a community lot in a perpetual state of harvest dedicated to this , I swear!

There are actually quite a few other harvestables available , unfortunately as iCad mentioned , most don't work quite the same as the Seasons ones and most are tropical. Echo's are here http://www.modthesims.info/d/124003 , bluetexasbonnie has these http://www.modthesims.info/d/435176 , bienchen83 these http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=162336 , simslice has some (pay) http://www.simslice.com/thesims2/ts2objects.htm or (free) http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org...nts_and_garden/ , Simaddict99 has some http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...ch/harvestable/ or here http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org...sr/simaddict99/ fireflies http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=214354 , Gwenke http://sims2artists.com/index.php?t...053.0;topicseen ( also a real cool beehive here) http://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=3094.0 , XPTL made some , maybe here? http://sims2graveyard.com/ . There is also some extracted castaway stuff at MATY and there was a pretty big set at Insim , but I think that one's gone. Rebecah has harvestable corn here http://www.affinitysims.com/IPB/ind...rvestable-corn/ . That's all that I'm aware of for other harvestables.

Think I might go visit that community lot ( that doesn't exist) and check on the "bland cucumbers". :P

Officer Dorian Kauker is more than a little surprised at the sheer size of Chaz Whippler's "cucumber garden"

Officer Demi Love makes the arrest , while the always zealous Kauker draws a bead on the subject . Officer Kauker had heard that Whippler could have Thai stick in his possession and having no idea what that was , thought it might be some kind of martial arts weapon.

Officer Love holds off an angry and growing crowd as Whippler is taken away.

Looks like the police aren't buying the "bland cucumber" defense.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#79 Old 6th May 2013 at 7:49 AM
I think I have quite a few of those harvestables, just they don't work like seasons plants and seem rather like cheating. Thank you for the links I will check each one out in case I missed some.

Fivey, thanks. And now I realize you are a girl and young and my mental image is wrecked. I obviously failed to check your profile. I'm sure someone around was saying you were a guy and that's where I got it from.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#80 Old 6th May 2013 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Fivey, thanks. And now I realize you are a girl and young and my mental image is wrecked. I obviously failed to check your profile. I'm sure someone around was saying you were a guy and that's where I got it from.

Don't worry, it's a common assumption.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#81 Old 6th May 2013 at 1:18 PM
Lol at your added in pictures mook. That's Demi Love?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#82 Old 6th May 2013 at 2:00 PM
Sgt. Demi Love , Vice Squad. Pssst..... Don't tell anyone but she's on the take.
Undead Molten Llama
#83 Old 6th May 2013 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
Sgt. Demi Love , Vice Squad. Pssst..... Don't tell anyone but she's on the take.

Cucumber garden! *dies laughing* Awesome pics.

Thankfully, where I live marijuana is now legal (although you can't have that many "cucumber plants"), so it's legal in my game, too. But I did notice the water pipe in the download, so now I wants me a smoke shop. It can sell "bubble blowers," too. *snicker*

...How did we get on this subject? Oh, wait! IT'S JO'S FAULT! :D

ANYWAY...I downloaded SimPE to this machine last night, so I'll get it up and running and see what I can see. Unfortunately, my meshing skills are rudimentary at best...and I'm not sure how well this machine will run Milkshape, now that I think about it...but we'll see what, if anything, I can do... Might be a project that will have to wait until the end of summer (or winter, where Jo is), when theoretically I'll be home and have access to my desktop...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Banned
#84 Old 6th May 2013 at 2:53 PM
Demi Love in those pics reminds me of a stripper dressed as a cop.
Undead Molten Llama
#85 Old 6th May 2013 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattShizzle
Demi Love in those pics reminds me of a stripper dressed as a cop.

Maybe she's working undercover (or not-so...um, undercover) with the Vice Squad. I love that she can bag a crook while wearing strappy high-heeled sandals.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Forum Resident
#86 Old 6th May 2013 at 4:16 PM
What are you people saying? You are so odd in this. One, it is not on game topic is better for general discussion. But if you must cover irl genocide in a TS2 gardening thread I will address.

Is not population is housing. Technology is not advancing as it should. Perhaps maybe the ones who had the knowledge to save us all were thrown in a trash bucket in an abortion clinic? Hmm, chew on that. But here is the answer. PLANTS DO NOT NEED DIRT TO GROW. Any plant. Crop or otherwise. Is not hard to see that Coruscant [Star Wars ref] is the fate no matter what. Tiered greenhouses they will find out someday. But not today, I am afraid.

And further, to get back on topic. This should not be a game. Is Sims for Simulation. They need to make a real Sims to map out our future instead of making bombs or bio and war virus. Some of us can guess where the AIDS really came from.

Huh.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 6th May 2013 at 5:34 PM
Well, thank you Jo and iCad - I now have a completely new 'hood in the works to incorporate some "bland cucumbers" for my simmies.....

It's weird - with most posters on forums I have an idea of them in my head - gender, basic appearance, personality etc. But for you, Fivey, I had more or less nothing. I'm not surprised you're a girl, nor did I expect you to be one. I had pretty much no mental image whatsoever. Weird!
Top Secret Researcher
#88 Old 6th May 2013 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaurellKH
What are you people saying? You are so odd in this. One, it is not on game topic is better for general discussion. But if you must cover irl genocide in a TS2 gardening thread I will address.

Is not population is housing. Technology is not advancing as it should. Perhaps maybe the ones who had the knowledge to save us all were thrown in a trash bucket in an abortion clinic? Hmm, chew on that. But here is the answer. PLANTS DO NOT NEED DIRT TO GROW. Any plant. Crop or otherwise. Is not hard to see that Coruscant [Star Wars ref] is the fate no matter what. Tiered greenhouses they will find out someday. But not today, I am afraid.

And further, to get back on topic. This should not be a game. Is Sims for Simulation. They need to make a real Sims to map out our future instead of making bombs or bio and war virus. Some of us can guess where the AIDS really came from.

Huh.

Well, HIV was originally a virus Chimpanzees passed around, so it most likely it was Bushmeat dinner gone wrong.

Simblr.
Undead Molten Llama
#89 Old 6th May 2013 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Well, thank you Jo and iCad - I now have a completely new 'hood in the works to incorporate some "bland cucumbers" for my simmies.....

You're welcome, darling! In my house, our marijuana plants (We have three; we're allowed six) are totally going to be called cucumbers from now on. But we aim for not-bland. It's a work in progress, though!

As for me, I totally had Fivey pegged as a guy. I think it was her avatar that did it. Sorry, Fivey! *will download ladybug houses a bit later*

@Laurell: Actually, the problem of overpopulation (if you believe it's a problem) is that medical technology advanced too far too soon without other technologies being in sync, so that quite suddenly people were living a lot longer than they used to and, possibly, much longer than nature intended. The problem isn't solely that too many babies are being born and surviving to sexual maturity (They aren't, actually), but rather that not enough people are dying to balance the birth rate, particularly in the developed world where advanced medical technology is readily available. (So, all those folks pointing the finger of blame at Africa for "overpopulation"? They're dead wrong. In some countries there, the average life expectancy is 35 or less, largely due to AIDS plus civil unrest. In the US, it's what? 72?) So, too many people living too long = overpopulation, and too many people living too long is a problem created by the developed world. That's all of us sitting here staring at computers. To fix it now that's it already out of whack and has been since the early 1900s...Well, lowering birth rates alone doesn't get the job done, not in a serviceable amount of time. You have to do a current population cull AS WELL AS lowering birth rates, but that's not what people want to hear. Drastically lowering the birth rate doesn't hurt anyone, sure...but it also doesn't get the job done. The younger generations are already smaller because the worldwide birth rate has been drastically falling for about 50 years now. Anyway, I did the math once. It's buried in the Debate Room somewhere, if anyone cares to look. I'm not going to go digging through.

But either way, you're right. It's not a discussion for this particular section of the forum.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#90 Old 6th May 2013 at 10:46 PM
Quote:
Oh, wait! IT'S JO'S FAULT! :D

What? Me! Never. I was a good girl at school. *Laughs behind the wall.*

LaurellKH, I have absolutely no idea what is was that you just said.

lauratje86, now we want to know how you picture us all.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#91 Old 6th May 2013 at 11:02 PM
Agreed on the latter part! It's fun comparing mental notes. Normally I get things kind of right, but on MTS all bets are off because it's not your typical forum crowd. For example, I thought iCad was male for ages (no offense, eh =)), but not really sure why. I've given up on trying to guess gender here because I just don't know xD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#92 Old 6th May 2013 at 11:20 PM
Oh no no, I picture iCad as being somewhat like myself (Middle aged with a walking stick to chase kids off her lawn!) but more of a rebel as I've added a joint to that picture. I'm actually a non smoker, but I find the idea of sims with weed hilarious. I tried it on the gardener last night and it looked like he had bird seed coming out of his ear!

gummilutt, for the most part before calling someone he or she I click on their user name and check their profile. Yours says female and Swedish so i picture you as being tall and blond. Which may be totally wrong I know.

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#93 Old 6th May 2013 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Agreed on the latter part! It's fun comparing mental notes. Normally I get things kind of right, but on MTS all bets are off because it's not your typical forum crowd. For example, I thought iCad was male for ages (no offense, eh =)), but not really sure why. I've given up on trying to guess gender here because I just don't know xD

No offense at all. I wouldn't mind being a guy, I don't think. Generally, I think people here are female until proven otherwise, and it hasn't steered me too far wrong, but male Sims in avatars will throw me because it'll make me think that's a Sim-self, so it will make me think that the member is male. Of course, sometimes the user name makes gender obvious. Like Jo's. (And the fluffy kitten says "girl" to me, too! ) To me, the pink avatar says "girl," but you never know!

ETA @ Jo: You and me, baby. *WHACK!* "Get off my lawn, you damn whippersnapper!"

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#94 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:22 AM
Lol, you're right my avatar is very girly now you mention it. I picked that as I am a crazy cat lady (see my LJ) Of course there may be crazy cat men who like pink as well.

And when we are too old to wack em we can run them over in our motorized wheelchairs.

~Call me Jo~
Banned
#95 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:45 AM
I actually have 31 cats. Yes, we manage to keep the house clean and not smelling. Still trying to find homes for some (wasn't always so many - what happened was last summer we brought in 3 strays- all were pregnant feamles.) 2 of them (1 mom and her 1 kitten that didn't get adopted - she wasn't a good mom - she had 7 but 3 died so we gave 2 to one of the other moms and the other got adopted) are so feral though as soon as they are neutered and eartipped they're going back out.
Top Secret Researcher
#96 Old 7th May 2013 at 5:20 AM
Anyone needs to borrow a walker, I got one.

Now get off my lawn!
Mad Poster
#97 Old 7th May 2013 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Which may be totally wrong I know.

Stereotypes exist for a reason =P It's fairly spot on. You just forgot the blue eyes and the vampire-skin

Elsewhere on the interweb I am known as Grandma, because I'm your typical "Young man, listen up! AND TUCK IN THAT SHIRT!" *holds ear while scolding about various things*". Age-wise I'm not grandma, but body-wise and mind-wise I very much so am. Can I join you on that lawn? I'll bring cookies, and crotches

I just realized I never added an avatar for this site. Maybe it's time to do so, hmm.
Instructor
#98 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:01 PM
Regarding the marijuana plants, I downloaded and my university sims grow them behind their dormitory and I think they can also have them on the roof in the dormitory, there are 2 small rooms on the roof and plants can be planted there with moveobjects on. I also put 2 sun lamps in there (why are they so expensive? It took half of my sims study loan)
Mad Poster
#99 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:36 PM
Marijuana plants?! You guys aren't serious, are you?!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#100 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:50 PM
Well since you come bearing cookies... I guess we can let you be an honorary 'oldie' gummilutt.

Very serious. They grow it and can smoke it. I'm always after something to add to my sims and this suits by crooks and hippies perfectly. We posted pictures in the post MMAA.

~Call me Jo~
Page 4 of 5