Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More CAS Traits Mod (For Sims, Horses, & Pets!)

by chingyu1023 Posted 15th Mar 2017 at 11:54 AM - Updated 12th Dec 2023 at 3:05 PM by chingyu1023 : Updated for patch 1.103

551 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 363 Feedback Posts, 187 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 20 of 23
Test Subject
#476 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 10:16 PM
Thanks for your hard work. This is a great mod. But adding one trait at a time is not very convenient. Can't you do it so that you add traits in batches, several at a time?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#477 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 1:35 AM
Thank you for keeping this updated!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#478 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zisufohojo
Thanks for your hard work. This is a great mod. But adding one trait at a time is not very convenient. Can't you do it so that you add traits in batches, several at a time?

I recommend clicking on Sim-self and use "Change Personality Traits" in "Action".
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#479 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 9:41 AM
I uploaded a tutorial of how to quickly edit the numbers of CAS Traits to what you like. Hope this can help you to customize a file you want.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/tutorial-edit-to-42389198
Test Subject
#480 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 9:25 PM
No matter which option I choose, I don't have "Add Traid" and "Remove trait" options under "Actions" at all. I only get "Change Personality Traits", and I get only 3 slots for every age group. Any ideas what i might have done wrong? I have only one option of mod installed, I have "Add traits in regular menu". I have the mod in a folder only one step below "Mods" i.e. The Sims4/Mods/MoreTraitModOptions
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#481 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 12:27 AM
How would the traits be added? Like in the " Add traits in regular menu" mod?
Test Subject
#482 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 4:56 AM
I got a bug where when I have more than 4 traits it blocks texts from the relationship panel, could you possibly fix this? or just remove seeing other NPC's traits that are showing so it doesn't block the texts?

I would really prefer reading the texts instead of seeing other sims traits so if you could remove traits from showing in Rel panel that would be nice
Screenshots
Test Subject
#483 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 5:12 AM
also if possible if I become your Patreon could I make a request? I have this idea that I would love to see implemented which based on your trait it would impact woohoo performance

sims who woohoo can have 4 buffs after woohoo depending on their trait such as ''unsatisfied, mediocre, satisfied, extremely satisfied"
unsatisfied and mediocre would give a +2 tense and +1 tense after woohoo while satisfied and extremely satisfied would make a sim +2 happy and +1 happy
depending on the satisfaction level could be influenced either on the romance or woohoo skill or having traits such as ''terrible in bed or amazing in bed''
but just because 1 sim is bad in bed doesn't mean he/she themselves wouldN'T be satisfied, for example, if a sim is low on romance/woohoo skill or has the terrible in bed trait, they can still be satisfied after woohooing while the other sim that has a higher skill in romance/woohoo or amazing in bed trait would be left feeling unsatisfied

please let me know what you think of my idea
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#484 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 5:47 PM
Thanks so much !
Lab Assistant
#485 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 11:55 PM Last edited by carlfatal : 11th Nov 2020 at 1:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by KoszkaKoszka
No matter which option I choose, I don't have "Add Traid" and "Remove trait" options under "Actions" at all.

Here the same. There is no such option, it´s like I wouldn´t have installed the mod. I use S4 Package conflict detector but no conflict is listed, no error notification is coming up, what am I doing wrong?

Today I removed the 5 plus 5 file, but I would prefer to get this mod working, cause not all traits are availlable by using MCCC cheat options.

Update: It seems, that this mod collides with the new Etheria´s Romance Overhaul. The solution: An override folder, availlable at TFM´s, made by coolspear. I put this mod into the override folder, and now I can load the CAS-traits by using the menu of ERO. Perfect solution! Thank you, @coolspear!
And also thank you, chingiyu1023 for this mod, I nearly forgot to say this only cause i had this small problem... shame on me ...
Test Subject
#486 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 5:59 PM
Um hi so turns out this mod isnt compatible with the recent update and now if you download this mod now the new sim profile wont work so can you update this I love this mod i need it
Lab Assistant
#487 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Adrian0418
Um hi so turns out this mod isnt compatible with the recent update and now if you download this mod now the new sim profile wont work so can you update this I love this mod i need it

I tested it out as well and had no issues with it, and the profiles opened up just fine, I tested on a clean save with newly created sims.
Test Subject
#488 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Adrian0418

Its custom traits that are broken. I spent a while testing all my different script mods I have in the game to find out that all custom traits are what's making the profile not work. I hate it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#489 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 10:02 AM
Really like this mod so I'll be keeping a candle lit til Chingyu updates it.
Test Subject
#490 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 8:58 PM
The mod comes with custom traits. In the Sims 4 forum, someone already said that the mod is causing the sentiment panel to not work. Yes the issue is the mod since it comes with custom traits.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#491 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 10:55 AM
This mod has been updated to the November patch on my patreon page (free)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-more-cas-41343966
Test Subject
#492 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 4:30 PM
Default Thank you!!!

Thanks for sharing. I've been waiting for it for few days now. Appreciate it!

Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
This mod has been updated to the November patch on my patreon page (free)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/update-more-cas-41343966
Test Subject
#493 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 10:30 AM
Hello!
When I click Action, add trait, nothing happens!
If I install MC Command Center it says it caught an exception.
Any help? Using latest version from Patreon!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#494 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NathanYumekoe
Hello!
When I click Action, add trait, nothing happens!
If I install MC Command Center it says it caught an exception.
Any help? Using latest version from Patreon!

Hi! Do you have the latest version of MCCC? Also this maybe because of mod conflicts and you may try a mod conflict detector:
modthesims.info/d/572482/ts4-package-conflict-detector-windows-only.html
Test Subject
#495 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 7:05 PM Last edited by embersshadow : 23rd Nov 2020 at 7:21 PM. Reason: update
Hi, I reinstalled this after the update and noticed that while the "Action -> change personality traits" does work, as does "remove trait", but not the "add" one.
Test Subject
#496 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 7:05 AM
Hi! Do you have the latest version of MCCC? Also this maybe because of mod conflicts and you may try a mod conflict detector:
modthesims.info/d/572482/ts4-package-conflict-detector-windows-only.html

I do, but I also tried without any mod and the same thing happened. The post above mine is facing the same issue I am
Test Subject
#497 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 3:23 AM
It's most likely your Sim has Lazy Trait or another conflicted trait. A trait won't show up if your Sim has any conflicted trait :p

I did double check that. He has fixed the mod since then but I'm having all new issues since the newest update
Test Subject
#498 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 5:22 PM Last edited by Dodisosa : 4th Dec 2020 at 8:52 PM.
I found a bug! If a sim is a mermaid and I humanize the sim via mccc occult command they turn back to human. If I use your mod and just remove the trait mermaid the sim bug out. The sim will have hydration instead of hygiene and under mccc occult commands I can still pick "show mermaid tail".
It's like your mod removes the mermaid trait but leaves some coding behind.

If someone like me get a vampire for example that have hydration, here is the fix.
Humanize via mccc, eat kelp, go in water to become mermaid, exit water. Then humanize again. All done.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#499 Old 11th Dec 2020 at 11:06 AM
Hi! Thanks for your mod!
Is there any easy way to hide all no-CAS traits?
I mean - hidden traits, reward trait etc. I want this popup window to list only traits available in CAS.
Test Subject
#500 Old 24th Dec 2020 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tasmit
Hi! Thanks for your mod!
Is there any easy way to hide all no-CAS traits?
I mean - hidden traits, reward trait etc. I want this popup window to list only traits available in CAS.

I'd recommend using the Change Personality Traits cheat for that rather than the Add/Remove Traits ones, it only shows the personality traits and allows you to easily check/uncheck any number of them, even though the top of the panel only shows the first three... Much easier than trying to add them one by one with Add Traits.
On another note, I wish it were possible to only have this work for playable Sims, I wonder if there's some possible way to limit the number of traits assigned to a randomly generated townie... Maybe by hijacking the trait randomizer and limiting that? Seems complicated
Page 20 of 23