Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#226 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 5:19 AM
I hate restarting sometimes D:
But I always look at it as "Hey, maybe three of your toddlers won't grow up badly this time!" XD

I completely forgot to post teen pics. Sorry -_-

Here we are:

Mere days before Lacy is due to enter college (she managed to get 3,000 simoleons in scholarships *is proud*) she got her first kiss from, you guessed it, Ivy Copur.

And oh yes, Lacy abandoned her teenaged siblings to go to college. They'll be fine. (they stopped receiving thousand dollar a week grants because they're teens, and all have jobs.)

From left to right, top to bottom. (it's really weird, because I rolled the dice for these guys, and each one got a different aspiration.)
TJ Marsden (Pleasure) with an LTW to be a celebrity chef.
Matthew Marsden (Popularity) with an LTW to be a general.
Damian Marsden (Family) with an LTW to have 6 grandchildren.
Amelia Marsden (Knowledge) with an LTW to be a criminal mastermind.
Sebastian Marsden (Romance) with an LTW to be a hall of famer.
Marcus Marsden (Fortune) with an LTW to be a business tycoon.
and Lacy, soon to be in college. She's a family sim, by the way.
I feel I should mention that Lacy died in college. She got to the stupid cow plant. (I don't even remember putting a gate in at the Secret Society lot!) I didn't ressurect her because...well...she served her purpose. I already got a bunch of teens running around. Her LTW was to be captain hero.

SCORE CARD:
+20 for each skill you teach a toddler (walk, talk, potty train, nursery rhyme)
+10 for every child/teen that learns to do homework
+20 for every child/teen that achieves and maintains an A.
+10 at every age-up. +5 for each toddler that grew up platinum.

-5 for every fire.
-10 every time a sextuplet/teen goes into aspiration failure
-50 if you're attacked by the social worker, and lose them all

+80 for each toddler (the funny thing is that I didn't turn aging off. YAY! I did, however, use a buttload of smart milk. Lacy missed a few days of school.)
+10 for each child (they all learned how, but everyone was up until 3 am learning how, and it took a few days.)
+20 for four of them. Yeah, they all achieved an A but Sebastian and TJ escaped my attention because ACR loves to make them do things. And thus homework piled up for a few days. I didn't notice until they slipped into D's.
+30 for all toddlers growing up platinum (toddlers are so easy to please)
+120 for aging up (do I count when they aged from toddler to kid again? Not sure about that one.)
-25 for fires. Lacy's cooking is awesome, but she kept getting distracted by toddlers asking her to read to them.
Aspiration failure is when their aspiration bar completely bottoms out, right?
Yeah...that didn't happen.
But if we're going to count when their aspirations dipped into the red: -100
Wasn't attacked by the social worker. All is well.

Total score:
-----
+135

wheeee :]
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#227 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 7:57 PM
Think I might give this a go...will prob go crazy though lol
Lab Assistant
#228 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 2:46 AM
Good luck! :3
Test Subject
#229 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 6:42 AM
I went to load this up and then my sims 2 decided to crash. =.=
- - -
I will fix the problem, try out the challenge and report back here with my results!
*salute*
Lab Assistant
#230 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 4:09 PM
YAY! *Salutes* I hope you do! ^-^ I can't wait to see the pictures~
Scholar
#231 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 4:27 PM
I want to try this challenge, but I don't quite get what "+10 for every child/teen that learns to do homework" means. Does it mean that every time my Teen helps a child with a homework, I add 10 points to the total result?
Scholar
#232 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 7:48 PM
Whenever one of the children sims obtain the memory *learned to study,* that's when you get to add points for learning to do homework.

:]
Scholar
#233 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 4:13 AM
Oh, this is a nifty challenge. I've GOT to try this. Really should be working on my French essay...
Field Researcher
#234 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 6:17 AM
Planning to incorporate this challenge into my Build-a-City challenge...so just working up enough CAS points to add them, but have created them ready!

Had a lil fun with the names...so, here's the Full family:
Mum is Thea Full at the thought of bringing up that many kids, so leaves her teen son with his Hans Full to raise a Hope Full (held by mum), Grace Full (held by Hans), Faith Full (the girl on the floor), Will Full (long hair), Art Full (short hair) and Lee Full (wearing hat) bunch of toddlers...
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#235 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 10:03 PM
*Random post* Hey guys!
Scholar
#236 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 7:20 AM
Have you had another go at this yet, addict12?
Lab Assistant
#237 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 4:15 AM
YUP! I'll put up some pics of my new family soon. :3
Test Subject
#238 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 5:05 PM
I think I'll give this a whirl as my first challenge! I've been dying to do one of these for a while (: I shall post pictures soon!
Scholar
#239 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 3:07 PM
I can't imagine how to play this challenge without using maxmotives cheat. I had to use it at least once a day, or my teen would either die of exaustion or refuse to do anything due to very low energy/fun/hunger bars, and the toddlers wouldn't stop whailing because they all stink and being kept in cribs... By the time they became kids, I was so tired of playing :D
Scholar
#240 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 6:13 PM
I'd recommend getting HugeLunatic's toddler blankets for this challenge, so that your kids can get to bed and get out of bed on their own ;]
Lab Assistant
#241 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 4:02 AM Last edited by addict12 : 1st Nov 2009 at 5:09 PM.
The Caston Family: Redux!

The Beginnings – Toddler/Teen Scores & Skills, Awards/Honors/Personal Accomplishments, and Ramblings/Current Events.

Scores Will be Updated!

Emily:

>> Taught to Walk. (+20pts)
>> Potty Trained. (+20pts)
>> Taught to Talk. (+20pts)
>> No Nursery Rhyme Taught. (0pts)
>> Aspiration Failure. (-20pts)
>> Age Up. (+10pts)
>> Aged Up with Platinum Score. (+5pts)
>> Learning/Doing Homework. (+10pts)
::Total:: 65pts.

[[Skills Gained]]

Charisma - 5
Logic - 9
Creativity - 4

Lora:

>> Aspiration Failure. (-0pts)
>> Age Up. (+10pts)
>> Aged Up with Platinum Score. (+0pts)
::Total:: 80pts.

[[Skills Gained]]

Charisma - 6
Logic - 5
Creativity - 7

Aya:

>> Age Up. (+10pts)
::Total:: 85pts.

[[Skills Gained]]

Charisma - 10
Logic - 4
Creativity - 7

William:

>> Aspiration Failure. (-10pts)
>> Age Up. (+10pts)
::Total:: 75pts.

[[Skills Gained]]

Charisma - 9
Logic - 0
Creativity - 6

Axel:

>> Aspiration Failure. (-10pts)
>> Age Up. (+10pts)
::Total:: 70pts.

[[Skills Gained]]

Charisma - 8
Logic - 1
Creativity - 7

Tavin:

>> Age Up. (+10pts)
::Total:: 80pts.

[[Skills Gained]]

Charisma - 3
Logic - 10
Creativity – 0

Luke – Teen:

Maintained “A+”. (+20pts)
Learning/Doing Homework. (+10pts)
Aspiration Failure. (-20pts)
Attacked by Social Worker – No kids taken. (-50pts)
::Total:: -20pts.

>>GROUP TOTAL<< 435PTS!

**Note: These skill where over the period of three weeks real time, not sim time. On some days, I would play with aging off. They would play with the skill building toys. I use them to distract them while I care for one toddler at a time. Then, I started to get annoyed and skipped with teaching nursery rhyme. I made sure to potty train all the toddlers first because they frequently have to pee! D: Once that was out the way, it was smooth sailing for Luke. All they did was eat, pee, play and sleep – along with getting all his attention and love of course. My toddlers grew up into children today! So I'll update my scores later.

Awards/Honors/Personal Accomplishments:

*All tots became best friends or 'BFF's with Luke.
*William, Lora, and Axel gained membership to the secret lot for Music and Dance. (Free-time)
*Tavin, Emily, and Lora gained membership to the secret lot for Science. (Free-time)
*Luke maxed cooking and cleaning skills.
*Tavin maxed logic skill.
*Aya maxed charisma skill.
*Brought first car for $950.
*Luke has obtained good relationships with toddlers and neighbors.
*Sims had an amazing week! (Most of their weeks were “so-so”, etc.)
*Luke had his first kiss.
*Luke had his first “whoo-hoo”.
*Luke has his first love, thinking of going steady. Perhaps there's someone better suited for Luke?
*Luke got a “A+” on report card.
*Toddlers grew up healthy with Gold/Platinum scores.
*Got $100 from relatives for having good grades.
*Got a job, but quit after two days – Nanny kept putting children at risk.
*Luke spotted mother at some Night Club.
*Luke earned $250 being DJ.
*Luke keeps bring home girls. Is he a player now?
*Children are becoming friends with one another.

Ramblings/Current Events:

Here are the pictures!

The toddlers became children today. I'll have an update for that later.

Luke's car is poopy, but cool too. He takes that junk for a spin, to school or somewhere.

This the “Old” look of the house from inside.

This is Juno, their mother. She's holding Lora. Juno is very pretty. I miss her! Which is why I became so excited when seeing at the night club.

Here's a look at Luke's relationships during that time. They changed for the better.

Random Picture of Luke. He looks bored. Ha ha, like always.

This is Tavin. He's so sweet. His best friend is William. They don't seem to get along well with Axel. He's hyper, but very nice and loves to play.

This is William. He's also very sweet and hyper. For some reason, just like Tavin, he does't seem to like Axel. He plays a lot, is very neat and helpful.

This is Tavin and Lora. Lora is the only sibling that gets along well with Axel. Everyone else, expect for Luke and Lora of course, seems to dislike him and/or ignore him. Lora and Axel are ALWAYS seen together.

This is Emily. She gets along well with Aya. They're always seen together. She also plays well with Tavin and William. Her relationship with Lora is somewhat indescribable. They have a very dotty relationship thus far.

Aya gets along well with everyone, but more so with Emily and William. Her conversations with Axel ares short and peaceful. I guess with her charms, anyone would like that sweetie pie.

This is Axel, the one most of the siblings seem to dislike. He's quiet and follows Lora around. They seem to be in their own little world of intelligent bliss. When the other siblings join in their conversation, they shrug mostly and/or shake their heads – clearly not understanding the topic. Which is always about science. He would sometime speak with Aya or follow Luke.

Another random shot. Lol.
Test Subject
#242 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 8:49 AM
Default My Family for the Sextuplet: Deadbeat Parent Challenge, the Jones family!
I started off my challenge hard-core although there's no doubt in my mind I should start them over nice n' clean since making a nice house on 20 K (+1 K per week) is insanity! It's so sad. I've hardly spent 11 sim 'hours' before I'm in meltdown mode. But still! I only read the first page of this topic so now that I know what things others are using (since it's getting like.... super-frustrating-hard to manage them every ten [sim] minutes) cheat-wise I may just go that route. Anyway! Pictures!

[I randomly made all 6 toddlers super different personalities. Add that to their icky levels and moods I didn't change via modder and they've barely noticed each other.]

Marie reading the notorious newspaper ads, thinking about where she'll go. Mom's a romance sim... this isn't really her scene...

Macy is my sweet teen who's taking care of all six toddlers. She's just finished changing her step-sister, Camille's diaper.

By 7-8 PM on the first day, all the kiddo's were smelly and fussy. They're making themselves so busy asking for Macy's attention that most are pooing themselves. Ah, the joys of a large family.

Guess what their family name is! :'D

Is raising kids that much easier in the later EP's btw? [noticing an activity table... probably from Freetime? Seasons?] I have up to Pets and I've been saving for TS3 but after reading some of the reviews from users here I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe I can find a nice second-hand collection of the later EP's; I know there should be some on craigslist, or ebay, blah, blah, blah since some have converted to TS3, right? :3
Scholar
#243 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 9:27 AM
the activity table came from Free Time, yes. I would seriously recommend Free Time.

Also, I would suggest HugeLunatic's toddler blanket, so that the toddlers can get in and out of bed on their own. :3

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=329172
Test Subject
#244 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 12:23 AM
I'm so trying this one. :D
Can the house be any size?
Scholar
#245 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 3:00 AM
Yes, but it has to be built with and liveable with the initial 20,000 and the 1,000 a week.
Test Subject
#246 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 4:04 AM
I'm gonna start this right now, doing the family. We can use custom content skins and clothes right?
Scholar
#247 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 9:11 AM
I can't see why that wouldn't be allowed. :]
Test Subject
#248 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 1:57 PM Last edited by Cookie911 : 11th Nov 2009 at 3:02 PM.
I tried this too...a little.
I used maxmotives twice, and no other codes. I took only one pic, when they were toddlers. There are only 4 toddlers on this picture, because other 2 were in the living room, asking for attention and to be read.
Right now they are all children and doing well at school. The teenager even had an A+.
Test Subject
#249 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 3:18 PM
I think I'm going to restart this challenge with a new group when I get some of the further EP's [...like ...all of them...] but for now I'm definitely trying that blanket! Thanks Prosthetics! ♥
Test Subject
#250 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 1:42 AM
Default so far
So far I got

Mommy Laray Carson
http://z.about.com/d/compsimgames/1...2/girl_2_02.jpg

Verona May Carson

Sextuplets:

going clockwise starting with the girl in Yellow with the yellow car: Rylei Grace Carson, Saralei Noelle Carson, Shasca Rayn Carson, Nala Sunny, Aristel Skylea and Katara Naice

I have, Ronnie, Rylei, Sara, Cassie, Nala, Ariye and Katy but Mommy/Laray ranaway

Kacers
Page 10 of 12