Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
#201 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 4:01 AM
Well... I failed. Stupid nanny ate my food instead of watching the toddlers so Lana got reaaaaaalllly hungry and all the kids got taken away. -_- I give up on it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#202 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 2:32 AM
Aw! Using max motives when needed the most isn't bad. :3 Only when you need it~
Test Subject
#203 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 12:11 PM
Okay, I'm deffinatly giving this a go! It sounds a bit hard but I love challenges!
Instructor
#204 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 2:12 PM
I've tried this twice before, except I shoved one more baby in there. It was just a random whim of my brain. What do you know, I had seven kids and one mom (and the second family was just one poor man with seven kids). Both were eaten by the social worker. I wonder who ended up with the fourteen kids!
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 1:02 AM
I had to do this all over again too, and both times none of them were taken. XD I'm just good at timing I guess. oxo Though, I still have problems when it comes to potty time and potty training all of them.
Instructor
#206 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by addict12
I had to do this all over again too, and both times none of them were taken. XD I'm just good at timing I guess. oxo Though, I still have problems when it comes to potty time and potty training all of them.

It's very difficult, though, because the kids are all the same age and can't even walk or talk (unless you teach them). If you neglect them (which is easy to do with six or seven), then the social worker COMES. Every single second, it's feed, feed, feed, or change, change, change, or teach, teach, teach. Our living room is like a kindergarten classroom. And the mom/dad is NEVER ever happy, at least in my game. S/he was always, always, always sleep deprived, starving, exhausted, or lacked "fun" and "environment". Sometimes they'd even collapse on the floor in front of the bullied tots.
Lab Assistant
#207 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 3:41 PM
Wow. Poor kid. D:
Instructor
#208 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 5:19 PM
I was waiting for another response so I wouldn't be shot down as a double poster.

The current tots were Joey, Josh, Jero, Jack, Jake, and Jana (the only girl out of six). I am SO thankful I don't have this many in real life. Talk about Jon & Kate Gosselin, Andrea Yates, and Duggars! Unfortunately, somehow an unexpected and rare bug luckily ate the whole fam up. In the end, two hours later, I came back to find the game somehow still run by two toddlers, hugging each other.

Instructor
#209 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 5:28 PM
I have question how do you get a teen to live on there own I forget how to do it
Instructor
#210 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TrillianRikku
I have question how do you get a teen to live on there own I forget how to do it

This is the wrong section... mod, please move this post.

I don't think any hacks or mods exist for that. The only two ways I know of are:

1. Send the teen to uni and live in a dorm/house by his/herself.

OR

2. Kill off the parents (and other adult or elderly family members).
Lab Assistant
#211 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 1:00 AM

For the challenge?

Make teen with the adult. Then, simply move out the adult after buying the lot.

Another way is to use age hacks.
Test Subject
#212 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 11:20 PM
Just tried this challenge, and not having read the whole thread, I made a lot of obvious mistakes. The main one being that I did not anticipate the toddlers needs so they all decided they needed changing and feeding at once.
It took me a while to realise that the way to play this challenge is to use PAUSE a lot!!! And to click on the toddler to make sure they aren't doing anything else while my teen tries to get them into bed.
That's what I find the most frustrating: the teen or nanny trying to get the baby to bed and the baby being busy with something else so they all just end up waiting for ages.

What is very helpful is just selling the toilets once they've used them and buying a new one. As long as you do it on the same day.

I have to admit, I cheated as soon as the teen had to go to school and had her call the nanny while she skipped school to get some sleep. The nanny was painfully slow though.

I'll post some pics soon. I have a great one of the neighbours being horrified at the toddlers sleeping outside on the grass.
Scholar
#213 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 5:13 AM Last edited by Prosthetics : 11th Aug 2009 at 10:54 AM.
Since i just discovered this challenge, I have been absolutely smitten with the idea. I am going to try this tonight while I'm not sleeping. Thanks! :D

There is no way around connecting a teen to an adult, you're going to have to do it...but there is a mod to move out teens.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=20309

or go as per previous posts. :]

*EDIT*

Well, I've been playing the household for a few sim weeks now, I turned aging off while they were toddlers (I'm a cheater, I know) but I got them all to learn how to talk, walk, and potty w/out smart milk. Proudest accomplishment there.

Let me introduce you. At the bottom right, is Elizabeth Montague, my victim for this challenge. In the middle (going up, left) is Gregory Montague, and above him is Steven Montague.

In the far right corner, we have Cream Montague (yes, I named her Cream.) And immediately left of Cream we have Malia, and upper right from Malia is Michael, and then to the left again is Troy.

In this shot, we actually got in one of their romance sim mother..I forgot her name, but I think it was Sarah...? Anyway, lot's of randomly cute toddler huggles in this pic.

Almost all of the children skilling happily while Elizabeth tries to clean up all the dirty bottles that the nanny left lying around (I swear to God, the nannies are useless)

"NOOOOOOOOO, there are too many bottles!"
annnnd, mood plunge. Goodbye environment score!

Some children skilling, and Elizabeth attempting to teach Gregory to walk.

And again. We will never be rid of the green fuming bottles!

I wish they were always like this. And not screaming about food. And pottying. And hygiene. All the time.

Not only is the nanny useless, but she never puts down the kids long enough so that I can actually dismiss her! It's a real drag, and I often give up. I can't follow her around forever while Elizabeth is about to pass out from energy failure!

I finally let them grow up after they learned all their toddler skills. But I wasted our social services money on turning the bathroom communal, so we didn't have a party. Or cake. Just self-click, "grow-up." How boring. This is actually what Michael and Cream spend a lot of their time doing, almost as soon as they're done doing their homework...they're outside playing catch with each other. I can't afford a TV yet, so all the kids spend a lot of time having water balloon fights, playing catch, and jumping on their beds.

Eliza? She spends most of her days painting to bring in extra money. Of course, I'm also trying to get her to help everyone with their homework before they turn into teeny-boppers.

This is the floor plan. The bigger room is obviously the family room and kitchen area, though there isn't exactly much gracing this large portion of the house just yet. I had to convert the garage into the kids room, so the van is sitting outside in the driveway (I bought a van, just in case..even though the kids could walk, this gets a bulk amount of them to school faster.) What used to be part of the garage was cordoned off to make Elizabeth's room (I was sick of the kids getting on the computer. And jumping on her bed.) And then in the far right corner is the communal bathroom. Three toilet stalls, two shower stalls.

So far it's working okay...except I really wish I could afford some fun for the kids..but I have to wait until next Sim wednesday for another kaching. >_<
Lab Assistant
#214 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 3:19 AM
Nice work. :3 I enjoyed the pictures.
Scholar
#215 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 3:57 AM
Sadly, I had to delete that family because either they or the lot was bugged. The kids would come home from school, and would just pop off the bus...no homework or anything, and they would just magically be in the house. I got frustrated...so move family, delete.

I'll have to start again, but it's not a problem XD
Lab Assistant
#216 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 7:09 PM
Aw, alrighty. :3
Lab Assistant
#217 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 11:11 PM
@-@ *live!*
Scholar
#218 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 11:50 PM
I'm going to potty train my kids and feed them lasagna now.

And no, I'm not resizing the giant photos. Enjoy the details.

Scholar
#219 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 2:27 AM
Thanks for bumping the thread guys. I completely forgot to restart this challenge. Since I'm doing the build a city challenge, and I have a few CAS sims saved up..I will restart, asap XD
Scholar
#220 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Prosthetics
Thanks for bumping the thread guys. I completely forgot to restart this challenge. Since I'm doing the build a city challenge, and I have a few CAS sims saved up..I will restart, asap XD

Thanks for letting us know about your progress! Pictures now!
Scholar
#221 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 4:31 AM
Okay, so I started this challenge with the Marsden's. Yay!

(I'm going to start out by apologizing for some of the blurry blurry pics, I keep forgetting to change the stupid file name! GRAH JPEG's.

This is where we're talking about: Marsden Manse (REDUX)

And now for some intro's [and hopefully this family doesn't glitch D:]

Meet Margaret Marsden, our happy little romance mother of seven. As you can see..she looks a little bored, and maybe disgusted. After all...seven kids!? Yikes!
She's holding little Amelia.

Here we have Matthew and Marcus Marsden. Nearly identical twins...except they were born from a six set, but apparently it happens.

And these cuties are Damian and Sebastian Marsden. I'd like to mention that all of this huggling was autonomous. Not like I paired 'em off and said: "OKAY! HUGGLE NOW! YAY!"

Last but not least we have my prisoner, Lacy Marsden, the first child. Hurhur...She's holding TJ (whom I absollutely adore above all others...not that I'm playing favorites.)

Well, now that we've established all of this, let's just say that Margaret did not waste time in getting the hell out of Dodge. She's off to better and more fascinating woohoo.

In the sim bin. HAR HAR. At least until I have to play her, but then...my build a city challenge is only loosely based on the actual rules. SO IN THE SIM BIN ROMANCER!

As soon as we moved in I had Lacy teach TJ and Sebastian to walk [two of my kiddies are glitched...and I can't teach them anything except potty training D:]

and nearly one hour after moving in, all the toddlers in the house headed for their quilts in the garage. Yay! Sleeping! Toddler skills...>_>

Of course, I hired a nanny right away and had Lacy hoof it to school (it's never to early to work on her grades...so she can miss a day or two.)

Kendal...they're sleeping. Who are you trying to feed?
"I'm just going to get out a bajillion bottles and leave them everywhere."
Go catch butterflies or something, geez.

The first one awake is, of course, Damian. He's attempting to skill. And Kendal proceeds to get out 3 more bottles. The kid isn't even hungry.

This was only a quick update. I will have more pictures and such tomorrow
Scholar
#222 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Prosthetics
The first one awake is, of course, Damian. He's attempting to skill. And Kendal proceeds to get out 3 more bottles. The kid isn't even hungry.

This was only a quick update. I will have more pictures and such tomorrow

I love the last two screencaps! Damian is so cute.
Scholar
#223 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 5:31 AM
he is veeeryy adorable, and has the best expressions so far ^_^

I took more pictures now, because I'm bored...and can't sleep XD

Damian couldn't make it to a quilt, so he fell asleep. Nanny Kendal is well on her way to filling up the garage with bottles. MOAR BOTTULS.

Nanny Kendal says: MOAR BOTTULS.

The first time I've ever had enough toddlers that they could fight over a bottle. It was cute, so I had to take a picture. Poor little Marcus fell on his butt.

But he and Sebastian still love each other.

Nanny Kendal says: MOAR BOTTULS *insert horror themed music*

MOAR PANDAMONIUM.

Nanny Kendal says: pfft...hygiene. So you spent some extra money on a tub. Doesn't mean I'll wash your brats. This job's cushy.

Theeeey're baaack
Lacy can't handle the mess than Nanny Kendal left.

"Here, there be toddlers!"

"Dear Diary, when Nanny Kendal showed up today...she smelled a bit like some of the kids in my class"

Is Nanny Kendal smoking pot?
Will we ever be rid of the bottles?
CAN I ever stop asking inane questions!? Tune in next time.
Scholar
#224 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 7:54 PM
Sorry for the double post :D

Today the toddlers are no longer going to be toddlers. CHILDRENS.

FREEEEDDOOOOM!

Quote: Originally posted by Family Guy
"These dolls all look really surprised for some reason...I wonder what they're so surprised about...WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT? NEVER SEEN A CRIPPLE BEFORE?"

"They're polly eurathane sex toys Joe, they're not capable of judgement. And even if they were, who cares? They're whores."

I took all of these before I changed up some of the hairstyles and stuff:

Amelia

Marcus

Matthew

Sebastian

TJ

Damian

Lacy FINALLY got an A+

I'm not sure which is more awesome: the fact that she finally got an A+ or the fact that she's cheering herself for getting an A+

Gotta get the kids working on their grades (everyone learned how to study! ^_^)

Yay!

Nanny Kendal no longer has the desire to fill the house with bottles. Instead, she will be completely useless and jump rope.

In other news...

Lacy finally started bringing home friends from school. Except it looks like Ivy will be the candidate for her first kiss.

First teen she meets, and she's already flirting.

I made Ivy over...she has huge lips, but they work for her.

It's probably safe to assume that Lacy likes girls.

Everyone in this house must be popular or something, they always bring friends home with them now. ALWAYS.

The last update will be pictures of them as teens and scoring.
Lab Assistant
#225 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 4:47 AM
Nice pictures everyone. I have to restart again too. D:
Page 9 of 12